Posts by 996gt2

Replace the fan and performance will go down. 80mm fans have a terrible noise to airflow ratio. They'd have to change the design entirely to accept 120 or 140mm fans to have any chance of fixing that issue.
I stopped reading at 4500 RPM, 80mm fan. That's gotta be what, 50-60 dBa when it's running at full load? Unacceptable.
Anandtech:So my 2700K @ 5.0 GHz is roughly the same performance as the stock i7-6770K?Not bad. Not bad at all for a chip that came out in 2011.
I think you need to brush up on your knowledge of Windows.The disk optimizer in Windows 8.1 runs the defragment command only on a mechanical hard drive. On an SSD, it runs the TRIM command, which is most definitely not the same as defragmenting. If you're like me and you have 2 SSDs in your system and 2 mechanical drives, it will run TRIM on the 2 SSDs and defrag the mechanical drives.Running defrag on a mechanical disk, or running TRIM on an SSD = optimizing the drive for...
Well, if they want to stop being thought of as the "cheap solution", then they better start making CPUs that don't suck. Go back to matching or beating Intel's best, as was the case back in the Athlon 64 days, and AMD will gain my respect back. Until then, good luck.
It's called the disk OPTIMIZER because calling it a defragmenter would be incorrect. You cannot defragment an SSD, and most new systems today are equipped with SSDs as opposed to mechanical drives.Besides, it's still called "defragment and optimize your drives" in the start menu.I upgraded to Win 8.1 pro from Windows 7 Pro on all my systems and I haven't looked back. There is nothing that I miss from Windows 7, and the new UI design is perfectly fine after a couple of days.
Did Xbit labs shut down? Their last review seems to be from 2014.
I can't remember the name anymore, tried to Google around but nothing came up. This was a hardware review site which did a bunch of fan roundups and also several good cooler reviews that paired the Silver Arrow against the D14, etc. They tested not only the stock fans for each cooler, but also other fan setups and at different speeds. They had very detailed rpm vs noise graphs towards the end of their reviews which was nice. Not sure if the site is still around; the last...
CM Quickfire Rapid is the best bet if you want to spend under $80. It's very similar to the Filco Majestouch 2, as both are made by Costar in Taiwan. And, of course, both use genuine Cherry switches.CM:Filco:See here for a comparison of the 2. Keep in mind the Filco costs almost twice as much and is very, very similar to the Quckfire Rapid.
Cherry Clones, you mean like Kalih?If so I'd definitely say they are inferior, and I am susprised that Das is doing this considering that they are more of a premium keyboard brand. Why pay more for a Das with an unknown OEM and Greetech switches when you could have a Quickfire Rapid which is made by Costar with real Cherry switches?