Posts by HAF_wit

This is windows we're talking about here afterall.
Nope, I've tried it myself - for some reason windows doesn't process it that way. I honestly just have these commands written down in a notepad on my external drive along with others that I never remember. That way, if I need to do something like this, I just open the drive and find what the commands are, like changing system parameters or temporarily turning off shadow copy so I can defrag my sys volume file, et cetera.
If you don't use the set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 command followed by by the devmgmt.msc command, it will not. They both have to be done concurrently in the command prompt window to show them. Windows is a strange animal, for sure.
Yeah, but if you don't do it that way, it doesn't always show disconnected devices, which is different than just showing hidden devices. Control panel can also get you there.
When you say clean OS install, did you just do a windows "upgrade" install, or did you actually wipe your HDD to a raw state and build up from there? This can happen if you have remnants of a previous install lingering in your registry and hotkeys which you can verify by opening your command prompt (start>type cmd>enter, then typing "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" (without quotes) and press enter. Then type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotes) and hit enter.) this will...
Wait, someone other than Apple put an electronics device in a box with its name on it??? Preposterous! Here we go again...
Please, for the love of all that is holy - this.^Is it me, or is Apple crying about FRAND patents (arguably more important to Apple's business than their aesthetic patents imo - can't have a phone without a radio ), yet in the same breath screaming about how they should be able to patent shapes? I skimmed through the two letters in the source, and that is what I take away from the article.Even Google mentions we need patent reform in their opening letter; perhaps this...
^ This.
I'm sorry, but I found the article more funny than anything. While the lack of a locking port is significant for those that actually do take their devices out into the public, the author (like many mac users I know) views the laptop as a fashion accessory - not a mobile computer. (Yes, I know the cables are easy to cut, but the main purpose is to serve as a deterrent.) Oh, so ugly it burns. /sarcasm
Neil deGrasse Tyson is so amazing. America The world needs less bankers, and more folks in the science/technology fields. Thanks for sharing the video!