Posts by MaCk-AtTaCk

Yes I would.I dont plan to run multiple 4K monitors with insane amounts of AA. I usually upgrade my gpus ever other year so I think I will be fine for another year. Like I said I would only go SLI if Nvidia decided to drop the price of the 970 because of this mess or otherwise ( new cards coming out) I agree with you, I for one think the 970 is an amazing card. my card O/C's to over 1500 and never goes above 75C and its quiet. I just have my expectations in check for a...
I had a evga 970sc and I wasn't impressed with its build quality at all... I got the 970 from bestbuy for $350 after I priced matched newegg. I love the card, in my opinion its the best 970 out there ( 980 reference cooler/pcb is sick). Im not to happy about what Nvidia did but I wont go to AMD... I had a R9 290 for about a week and that was a terrible experience. I had the black screen bug (had to actually down clock memory to play games..) and it O/C liked crap. I really...
Actually I think it would be better if you just left. Your defently not being constructive or helping at all. Just a shill.
Also, I think I for one along with others are getting tired of this fanboism on either side. Its really anoying to see alot of AMD fans swarming in here and taking the oppertunity to slam nvidia owners. It not like 970 owners are happy with what has transpired and comming in here and just throwing fuel to the fire is really helpfull! But Also on the flip side Its anoying to see Some Nvidia owners Blindly defend Nvidia like they can do no wrong when clearly they did... Its...
I see. So do you think O/C memory would help offset these issues? or is this independent of memory speed?
Right but From what I gathered so far that aditional 512mb ontop of the 3.5gb is actually making things worse for sli then if the card was just a 3.5gb card? thats my issue. I can live with it being a 3.5gb card but if that extra 512mb is going to make it worse then what a 3.5gb card would have been in sli this sucks.
I wonder If Nvidia will give back part of the L2 cache and rops in Driver update? I know it sounds crazy but I read somwhere from a reputiable site that they might do that. That those functions werent Physically cut but just "disabled" to make the 970 slow enough to warrent its price?
If my 970 didnt have that sweet sexy 980 refence cooler on it (can only get it at BEST BUY stores ) I would be more angered. But what can I say I got a sweet looking card. LOL im a sucker. On a more serious note, What troubles me is that because I got such a beatuy of a card and it o/c like crazy I was serioulsy considering running a pair in SLI. But Im not sure now. Iv been hearing alot of bad results because of the weird memory setup NVIDIA "forgot" to tell us when...
my vrms on the mobo are reported at running at 48c while I type. Is this kinda hot for idle? they get close to 65 to when under load. Are there any setting in the bios that could change the way the vrms run? so maybe they will run cooler? almost all of my options are set to auto
I can also confirm this is the mobo. Mine makes the same sound although I have to have my head all the way in my case and the fans turned way down to here it. Mine is also O/C. I think my old asus z68 had some noise too when oc.Also, maybe if you let it run all night it will work its self out? I had a video card that had some serious noise and left it loaded all night and it was gone the next day. Just a thougt.edit: Im also wondering what raja thinks of that noise...