Posts by Bulldozer72

This has been my take on this situation out of the gate. With AB getting updates Px was not, did MSI have a "no-way-ever-do-you-sell-these-features-to-evga" clause in the agreement/contract? But even if this is true, it does not help evga to tell the world that their new Px was "100% in-house", then side step a little and go silent. Who is hiding what is my only question.It happens many times a day in many business's people. Not saying it is right, just saying it is more...
Hey OCN, I got a chance to play on my cousin's new build while at the family Mother's Day gathering. This new rig of his has 3 Dell U3014 monitor's in portrait. He is running three Titan's in SLI. I got about 2 hours in playing Crysis 2 (w/ Maldo's mod), Crysis 3, Metro 2033, and Max Payne 3. It was truly amazing. So much so that I am considering an upgrade. After I purchase the monitor's I will have approx. $2K USD for GPU's. So my question is this: Will I be able to run...
You are correct. "Dissolves" would be the proper terminology as opposed to "eats". + Rep. I usually use the 91%(just checked the bottle to be sure) iso alcohol just about all the time. I have not used acetone in a couple of years to be honest. It was a procedure that worked for me back in the day when one certain brand of TIM would completely goo and then harden on HS's and CPU's. I was just posting it as a last resort if the alcohol did not work.
I should have elaborated more in my post. I take my HS's outside when cleaning with acetone. I only clean the base with acetone to remoce goo'ed TIM. I then squitt a coffee filter with some Simple Green (?) and wipe the base thoroughly. Next I take another dry coffee filter and wipe it down again. I then hang it somewhere (often my paint drying room) for a bit before reinstalling the HS. The HS is the only PC part that gets within about 100 feet and two walls of the...
Nail polish remover is really watered down acetone. And it probably is cheaper at a paint store. I do not get out much. I run a Harley repair and custon shop for the last 20 years and I have pretty much all my shop supplies delivered. I use quite a few of my shop supplies cleaning my rigs. I am currently putting together a build for my son (his PC got stolen) and I spent about three hours of my time and 2-3 oz. of Mother's polishing compound to get the Venomous X HS...
That stuff works but is very over priced. A FYI for in the future. I dampen section of an old t-shirt and scrub the HS base. I have never taken more than two minutes cleaning a HS base with either of these two.98% Isopropyl alcohol. Much better than the arctic clean system and costs iess than four dollars for a 12oz. bottle at Walgreens/Riteaid type drug stores.Acetone. I use this to clean 10+ year old grunge off of Harley parts and I guarantee you it will get your HS base...
Hard to argue with this, unless common sense has been outlawed.
I have used a few diff. pads with my g500, but always seem to go back to my Steelseries 4HD. Great for FPS and just about any game I play. It is about 9.5" by 11.5" and costs in the $25 range on any given day at your favorite etailer. As far as what dpi is best, that can only be determined by you. I vary my dpi settings from 400 to 1600 depending on the task I am doing or the game I am playing. Play with the settings until you find what works best for you.
I understand the thought process involved in the decision to go the crypto currency route. This is a Lakota way of thinking. I do wish them the best with it but I have to admit I do not understand it. I lived on the Pine Ridge as a kid helping my grandmother take care of her piece (shack and property) during the '70's. On the Ridge at that time were numerous people with computer science and computer engineering degrees, yet no software development was being done. Same...
This is the ONLY game I am looking forward to this year. CDPR is the only dev I will purchase from on day 1 any more. Their games have never left me disappointed. I am seriously disappointed with the GPU market for the last couple of gens and I hope that 2 GTX 880's SLI'd will have enough oomph to play this at above 80 fps with all the pretty's at "UBER" on my OC'd QNIX, cuz it will make me eyegasm if they can. Like Tom Petty used to sing back in the day "The waaaaiting is...