Posts by Bulldozer72

Dateline 24 August 2014 Yesterday, AMD announced it is partnering with Monster Energy Drinks and Prestone to launch it's own coolant for AMD GPU's. It will be called "Radeon Aid". This phenomenal new product will increase the performance of any water cooled Radeon GPU by 100% and decrease operating temps of Radeon GPU's by 50C. User's will have to drain and install fresh "Radeon Aid" every two hours to sustain said performance increases and lowered temperatures. Ten...
Ok. My mistake I thought you were in the US. Like I said in my last edit Z97 is the best option if you only utilize one gpu. GL with the build.
In your position I would go for it. I went through the X99 debate myself and came down on the not for me side. IMO it will not be worth the premium for just gaming and the little web surfing I do. I am going RIVBE and 4930k. I feel it will last me this console gen for proccesor power. I generally go every other gen for gpu upgrades but you never know. I am putting this build into a Fractal Design Arc XL. You said you do not want a side window. The FD Define XL would...
First I would like to say that I love MOST eVGA products. I am going to start a new build next month and it will have a 1300 G2 PSU. EVGA's customer service is top shelf and second place is more than a few zip codes from their spot. I have never had a problem with numerous eVGA gpu's I have purchased. I can not say the same with the eVGA mobo's I have purchased. My first eVGA mobo was a Z68 SLI. It had a lot of bios issues but, with some perseverance, I got a 4.6 oc on my...
First I do not WC, so I do not know the answer to your radiator question. I do, however, own an Antec 1100 and if I could not make one purchase over again it would be that one. The top reasons why I would not get it after owning it. 1. It has a very small interior. When I first got it I was running two eVGA GTX 580 Ultra's in SLI. With GPU's installed there was approx. 7-8mm clearance between the side panel window and the GPU's WITHOUT a fan installed. When I later...
My nephew wants to buy my Sabretooth on his next payday, so I am gonna upgrade to a RIVBE. Not sure if I am going to go 6c or not, but I will definitely be getting a set of 4X4GB gskill Trident X 2400. My current set of Ripjaws X will run 9-10-9-28 2133mhz @ 1.65v. The Tridents are a step up from the Ripjaws, so even if I get an IB-E with a bad IMC I know that the timings will tighten up significantly at slower clocks with the Trident X kit. I got tired of paying the...
There has been some very good advice given in this thread. I am not arguing with any of it. The OP, however, seems to be wearing blinders imo. I have to say your problem is not your HSF or your fan selection. The problem here is your case. I own an Antec 300. I had both a 2500k running a 4.7giggles OC (1.3v) and a 3820 running at 4.3 giggles OC (1.32v) in my 300 and had a Venomous X for HS on both builds. I took the X79 build and put 150 cfm Delta's on the Ven X. I put...
A. This statement is typed often on OCN and I really do not understand it. This is OCN. The Pursuit of Performance. I do not care if you cool with air OR water, when you go over 4.3 giggles your rig is loud. Lets be real.B. You would be loving some Scythe Kaze's right now. They are pretty much unobtainium any more. The koolance posted will be hard to beat at that price point. If you are going to purchase fans look at all your needs before pulling out your wallet would be...
IF, I say IF, you do sell it I am seriously interested. This thing is totally titz.
That is a possibility, but with a lot of buying and selling of used parts (yes, it is a time consuming hassle). It is not something I would look forward to. And I know it is my opinion, but I have heard 4k is right around the corner since 2011, and it is still a ways into the future. I feel that there will be at least three more gens of gpu's drop before 4k 60hz. is feasible with either X80 or r9 X90 gpu's. I am all for future proofing but one can only future proof so far...