Posts by Bulldozer72

Hard to argue with this, unless common sense has been outlawed.
I have used a few diff. pads with my g500, but always seem to go back to my Steelseries 4HD. Great for FPS and just about any game I play. It is about 9.5" by 11.5" and costs in the $25 range on any given day at your favorite etailer. As far as what dpi is best, that can only be determined by you. I vary my dpi settings from 400 to 1600 depending on the task I am doing or the game I am playing. Play with the settings until you find what works best for you.
I understand the thought process involved in the decision to go the crypto currency route. This is a Lakota way of thinking. I do wish them the best with it but I have to admit I do not understand it. I lived on the Pine Ridge as a kid helping my grandmother take care of her piece (shack and property) during the '70's. On the Ridge at that time were numerous people with computer science and computer engineering degrees, yet no software development was being done. Same...
This is the ONLY game I am looking forward to this year. CDPR is the only dev I will purchase from on day 1 any more. Their games have never left me disappointed. I am seriously disappointed with the GPU market for the last couple of gens and I hope that 2 GTX 880's SLI'd will have enough oomph to play this at above 80 fps with all the pretty's at "UBER" on my OC'd QNIX, cuz it will make me eyegasm if they can. Like Tom Petty used to sing back in the day "The waaaaiting is...
I have 164 games on cd or dvd that I can count. I have another box of games on cd out in the back of the shed but it has been raining long swords and orc babies all morning, so I am not going to get those dug out today. I have a few full boxes of games on floppies in the shed also.
The ironic thing to me is... The US government spends MILLIONS of man hours and BILLIONS of dollars to monitor everything (including the number of sheets of Charmin used per sitting per individual), yet is unable to count the number of times they have installed a software program???? C'mon man.... edit for spelling error
Ouch!!! 53C on idle=no bueno. You def need to upgrade that. As I said I was on the fence between the TC-14PE and the SA. I ended up going with the SA because the Venomous X and another TR HSF I used in the past that performed very well. Either of the two as well as the Noctua you listed should give you much better temps at idle than 53C, even in your non-AC'd room.
I have the Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme with a third TR TY-143 fan. While getting this last build up and running doing the Windows updates, driver and other dl's my 3820 @ stock clocks sat @ 18-21C with the ambient going from low to mid 90's F (house w/ no AC). The fans were connected to the MB controllers. With the CPU OC'd to 4.3 and the fans at 35% it idles 23-26C with the same ambient's. With a 4.3 OC running Max Payne 3 I have not hit 40C. On a six hour prime run it kept...
They did fry in sli though. My dual GTX 260's only put out about half the heat of my dual Ultra's. In my set up the top card went first. I learned the "easybake" trick with this card after sticking it in the oven for twenty minutes. With no OC and in the bottom slot it lasted another 4 months. They were absolute beast GPU's in their day I still have the other one and it works to this day.@ OP:You bought a $15 ticket in the old tech lottery and hit the jackpot....SWEET!!!
I have an Antec Eleven Hundred for a case at this time. The reason I have this case is because my youngest nephew bought an EVGA Z77 FTW and it would not mount in the case. He did not want to go through the time and return shipping expense of RMAing it back to the egg and offered to sell it to me for the refund price minus shipping. So I do know that EATX is not an option with this case.@WitchdoctorI agree that those of us without samples can say whether the X79 Dark is a...