Posts by Bulldozer72

I concur. I have watched this get worse with each new console launch since PS and XB. It is very obvious that CDPR is the only dev that SHOWS they support pc gaming. Tired of the "wait" for dumbed down console ports. It would appear that pc gamer's money is not green enough. Good to know. I will not purchase GTAV. I will patiently wait for TW3. It will be my final game purchase. I will take my money and find a new hobby.
I hear you loud and clear. I am looking at a couple of different 1600p monitors for my surround because the 4k selection is not impressing me at the moment and gpu grunt to run 4k surround is not here yet unless you want to go quad Titan. I am using a Qnix 2710. It OC's to 110hz and it is, well, gorgeous and for 300 bones really can not be beat. Something else for you to consider.
Ok. I understand now. I would still stay X79 in that instance. Early adoption fees are high on HEDT. I think I would get an X79 mobo that had Quadfire support. The ~10% performance gains would not justify the cost of the ddr4 and cpu upgrade cost IMO. I just upgraded to a RIV BE from a X79 Sabretooth just in case I need more than 2 gpu's to run my surround set up when I get it. I just do not see the need for the costs of upgrading to X99 from X79 for the not even...
If you are not planning on going to a higher res display then I would sit pat. You are not going to see expotential performance upgrading your 290 X's at this point in time. If I were in your shoes I would look at upgrading to at least a 1440P monitor. If I wanted to stay in single monitor gaming I would probably even look at 4k monitors. Crossfired 290 X's were made for single 4k gaming according to most of the AMD people on the interwebz. Are you considering upping your...
I was in the same boat two months ago. My kids are grown, so I no longer use my rig for anything but playing games. After weighing the pro's and the con's, I decided to keep my X-79 build and spend my money on gpu's and a surround set up. I believe that we are still a year or four away from games being coded for 4+ threads. With two 290X's feeding a single monitor, I would say that you really do not need to upgrade your gpu's for a gen or two. What resolution is your...
I agree 110%.I have been making my living in the Harley customizing industry since 1987. I have seen so much buyer's remorse I could float an air craft carrier in that ocean of tears. LOL.
So. Much. This.@Phaedrus: Thank you. Yet another very knowledgeable and respected member explaining his logic is illogical. The question is will he take off his blinders? I am gonna guess "NO" at this point.@espn: Really? Seriously? Really Seriously REALLY??? You had four or five knowledgeable people tell you in your thread yesterday that your theory flies like a lead glider, so you start this thread today? Phaedrus DOES work in the PSU industry. He is all about the facts,...
the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 is a great case. My nephew has one. It was so good that I got the Arc XL to house my new EATX build in. I have yet to find a perfect case, but FD makes great cases that are all but impossible to beat at their price points. Many different cooling options, easily removable drive cages, great cable management, and the list goes on. Just my $.02. GL with your new case. edit for typo
Dateline 24 August 2014 Yesterday, AMD announced it is partnering with Monster Energy Drinks and Prestone to launch it's own coolant for AMD GPU's. It will be called "Radeon Aid". This phenomenal new product will increase the performance of any water cooled Radeon GPU by 100% and decrease operating temps of Radeon GPU's by 50C. User's will have to drain and install fresh "Radeon Aid" every two hours to sustain said performance increases and lowered temperatures. Ten...