Posts by Bulldozer72

X99 is the superior option with tri-sli if you go with a 5930K. That CPU has 40 pci-lanes natively. You will have to get a PLX chipset on a Z170 mobo for 40 oci-e lanes, which will add latency. Some people do not notice it but I did, and thus upgraded from Z77 to X79. It was worth it IMO, and I only run 2X sli. YMMV.
Yes.60%....Using Sony CEO math.
If I were dealing with this situation I would remove the heatsink from the gpu, clean with 92%+ isopropyl alcohol, apply a quality TIM, reinstall the heatsink, and put it back in the rig. It could very well come back to life. If it does not, call eVGA. I am reasonably sure their 570 series gpu's came with lifetime warranties. You will prob get a 950 or maybe a 960, but either would still curbstomp the Intel iGPU.
I completely agree. I keep hoping PPC's will get the website navigation sorted but it does not appear to be on the radar for them.@ Redshift 91- Just a FYI. I had been waiting since Christmas or so for PPC's to get some stock of the Sunnon fans I needed. I finally googled the part number last week and FCPU was the second link to click. I had to write down the part number and phone the order in, but it shipped the same day. I now have my fans and PPC's still has no stock....
Exactly this.TBH this would be a nice change of pace. I am really burnt with modern warfare shooters.
I dunno... It seems to me like yet another lame attempt by MS to push "gamers" to upgrade to Win10. I am not interested in any old games. Bring something fresh to the table that gives me an actual incentive to upgrade to this OS. So far these few and lackluster "incentives" combined with the mess that the OS really is for gaming, I will stay with Win7 until Win10 gets out of the beta stage (i.e.: Service Pack 1 is released for Win10), and we finally start getting some...
I have the same SSD setup. A Samsung 840 Pro for a boot drive and a Crucial MX100 512GB for a game drive. It was a night and day difference when comparing load times on games between my WD Black and the Crucial MX100. In games such as TW3, GTA V, MGSV TPP, and AC:U even more so. I got one when the 'egg had them on sale for $150. Best buck fiddy I ever spent on my gaming rig.@ OP- the NVME drive will be faster, but will cost you a premium. You will notice a substantial...
I agree. The chance to purchase an IP in a technology taking over your current market is a rare thing to happen in business. WD really has not even dipped it's toes in the proverbial SSD waters, and IMO needs to look forward. As consumer's want smaller, lighter, more portable computing device's the HDD is going to go the way of the dodo. I feel if they want to survive they have to start building on future tech now.
Kinda the picture I am getting on upcoming GPU's. Titan X replacement will be HBM2. Fury X replacement will be HBM2. GTX 980 replacement will be GDDR5X. R9 490/490X will be GDDR5X. While I am hoping that by the time the GTX 980 Ti replacement drops in 2017 the price of HBM2 will have decreased to the point that this GPU will get HBM2, I am not going to be holding my breath.
Software Overclocking=Having a really bad time...Always overclock through the bios. I know that if I let my RIV BE auto overclock it dumps 1.4v to get 4.2 giggles. I can manually oc to 4.3 giggles by going into the bios and setting the multi and letting it boot without touching any voltage settings. YMMV tho...