Posts by Bulldozer72

My monitor is 1440p. I have two 780 Classy's in SLI. A snowball has a better chance of surviving the afternoon on the sidewalk in Miami on the Fourth of July than my rig does of "maxing" TW3 with SLI'd 780's, even with them OC'd to 1300+ on the core clocks. I just do not see it happening. If I were you, I would wait a few months and see what the new GPU's bring to the table and not get a 780 (or a 980) now. Avoid a severe case of buyer's remorse in your very near future....
I was not impressed by anything in Crysis II, including the graphics. I played through it one time and thought I would never play it again. Then Maldo's mod dropped, so I installed it and played through again. I will admit that while the visuals were much better, the story line was so super weak that I have not and will not play it a third time.I agree about MGS. I hope PC sales stay profitable, because I have yet to find a console controller I can use. I find them very...
The last game I purchased release day was MGS:GZ. I am looking forward to MGS5:TPP. I hope Kojima continues making MGS games for PC from now on. I pre-purchased(first time ever) TW3 last September. CDPR has not let me down ever. I purchased TW2 on release day because TW was that good IMO. I purchased Crysis II on release day and was severely disappointed. Since then I have let trusted review sites tell me if a game is worth the price of admission.
The last Ubi game I purchased was Far Cry II. I saw the handwriting on the wall then. Ubi is a company that can not be trusted. Since then I have received about a dozen game codes with hardware purchases and if those keys get banned I could care less, as I did not spend a penny out of pocket. Consumers need to stop purchasing Ubi games from any vendor. Ubi will go out of business if the only paying customers they have are hardware manufacture's.
I could not agree more. Different industries operate on different terms.I am in the custom motorcycle industry. This industry kicks the gaming industry right square in the jock strap for total $$$ per year. I own my shop. I build three or four $100,000+ machines a year. I have customers begging me (and offering gratuities in the process) to work on their machines. I learned from my Grandfather (arabian horse breeder and trainer) and my father (custom home builder) that if...
I am with you on the total boycott action, Phaedrus. It literally astounds me the number of PC gamer's that line up for this treatment."I can't live without your lies, Ubi (or EA or R* or whatever dev). Let me bend over a little farther for you. I know that I just kicked the KY out of the room bending over farther, but I know that you enjoy reaming me that way so go right ahead, I do not mind." That will keep happening in the gaming industry as long as gamer's allow it to...
I am happy with the R* games that I own. But I must be honest. This speaks volumes about how they value their customers on the PC platform. I was looking forward to this game releasing during the slow period of my work year. I am lucky to work 15 hours a week until March. I was only looking forward to two games releasing this year and GTA V was no. two on the list. The game at the top of the list is TW3. Which is releasing in March. If it does so, I will be playing it...
Five Big Reasons I Will Buy GTA V At Full Price: 5. R* makes good games that I enjoy playing (with the exception of GTA IV until about a year ago). They rarely release "errrrr-mehhhhh-gerrrrd-faaaiil" bug ridden and unfinished software like, say, Ubi or EA. 4. All DLC's will be included in the game as they are released. As in FREE. So yeah, I will support those kinds of dev's as much as I can. 3. No zombie enemies. This got old in 2011. 2. No alien enemies. This got...
Valve: "We are going to get started on HL3 as soon as GabeN finishes counting his Benjamin's and polishes off that last box of doughnuts. Oh, wait, the Krispy Creme truck is making another delivery."But in all seriousness, HL3 will not be started until Steam's accountant's break out the RED ink pens.
This has been my experience, AND is entirely my opinion... Had a Z68 mobo and 2500k, SLI'd 580 Classy's. Mobo died and I got a z77 FTW as a replacement. Not the best board I know but there was a noticeable difference in not only FPS but a few other metrics when I put my cards into a friends X79 running a 3820. If you want to SLI even two GPU's you will notice a diffence between Z97 and X99 and 5930k. The NATIVE pci-e lanes are very noticeable both on screen and in...