Posts by Baasha

Yea, the size of games these days are getting quite ridiculous - >50GB is the 'norm' for many of the latest titles. ugh... On that note, if I have my games on an SSD and want to add another SSD (to make a RAID-0 array), can I just "clone" that games SSD and then create the SSD Array and then re-image the cloned drive on there? Would that cause any conflicts or stuff to not work properly? I don't want to go through reinstalling every game again...
4-Way SLI scaling sucks on the ASUS Rampage V Extreme! I have had 4-Way SLI for a few weeks now and the GPU usage is below 50% across all GPUs. My 5960X is at 4.40Ghz so I don't think that's a bottleneck. Any advice on tweaking the settings in the BIOS etc. to get 4-Way SLI to scale well on the RVE? I'm running 4x GTX-980 SC @ 1550Mhz on the RVE. Here is what I mean:
To each his own.I love the high res monitor - the 5K brings the sharpness and clarity to a whole new level - @ 27", the PPI is 218 I think which is absolutely gorgeous. And, to be able to run most games @ 60FPS is amazing. The only downside is that 4GB VRAM is not enough for 14.7MP.The FPS counter is in the video on the top left. I am now playing at 'High' and still able to maintain >60FPS so it's awesome!I know this is sacrilege, but here's CoD AW in 5K:*You can download...
^Nice pics! Just wondering if I can mount that monitor using an Ergotron LX/MX arm ABOVE my 5K monitor(?). I will use it as a peripheral monitor but I'm not sure if the height of the LX/MX arm will work?!?
I too feel the same; just installed the new drivers and switched back to 144Hz & G-Sync!
still no DSR in SLI? Ugh...
Sign me up for 4! Since I've had 4x GTX-Titan SC (OG Titan) AND 4x GTX-Titan Black SC, I believe I can weigh in on this subject somewhat authoritatively. The Titan's entry price was a shocker to most gamers - a $1000 GPU is still a very high price. The Titan, although labeled as a 'GeForce' card (hence gaming GPU), served as a great compromise between a gaming card that is terrible at compute and the Quadro series which cost an arm and a leg. The Titan made sense for...
5K or bust!
Got any more pics of the U3415W in the wild? Would like to see how the curved monitor is in real-world use.
I too got it around September from Fry's and they were great (got 3 of them).Talking about ULMB, what are the "Brightness" and "Contrast" settings ideal for that setting (120Hz)?I think the picture has a slight blue tinge to it and a lot dimmer than when it's at 144Hz.How do you actually set up ULMB to work well in games?I just set it to 120Hz, turned ON ULMB via the OSD and called it a day.