Posts by burticus

I just got this board with a skylake i5-6600k. Having RAM issues. Have kit of Corsair 16gb DDR4 2x8gb Vengeance LPX 2666mhz. I can only get the thing to post in single channel mode, either using 1 dimm only or both in bank A. Updated the bios to the latest 2.80, it refuses to POST in dual channel mode. I submitted a ticket with Corsair but I fully expect they will say "it's your motherboard" and I'm sure Asrock will say "it's your RAM". At least I got it to work in...
Of course. I forgot what site I was on.
Why go water if you're not going to OC? Hyper 212 Evo works great and saves cash and is whisper quiet (if you want it to be, you can turn it up if you want). Also don't hate on the GTX 970, I do 60 fps all day long at 1440p (maybe not maxed, but still). 980ti is still to expensive for 20% gain I think. Or get a 980ti but plan on selling it in 2 years and getting a 1080ti+ (I made that up, whatever they will be called in 2 years)
A 5 year plan with the same GPU the whole time? Ehhhh. Pick the i7 skylake and a GTX 970 and buy a new GPU in 2ish years. The CPU will last, the GPU won't. Well, depending on how demanding the games are anyway.
Sent PM
Sent you a PM Oh, any chance we can see some CPUz and/or Speccy at high speed? Thx
Well hell guys. I had my mind all set on one of the 35" curved IPS Gsync ones for around a grand. Now there is this 4K which is kicking ass for half the price. Coming from 2 x 1440p IPS monitors which are great for work/production but useless for games/movies. Have to game on 1 monitor. $500 is closer to my ideal price point. Shipping from Korea and Ebay scare me. I did see one guy mention Amazon, will have to look into that (I always have GC to burn on...
I dunno, I run most games at 4.1 and the 970 keeps me around 60fps @ 1440p. Anything above 60 wasted on me. My mobo is AM3 and I have no upgrade path unless I buy a new motherboard. And no way in hell am I dropping $100+ on a decent overclocking motherboard on dead end architecture. The 8320e's I've built for workstations used LOW end Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock mobo's that have zero overclocking potential.... trust me I tried. Who cares if the chips will do 4.5+ if the...
Bummer man. I don't think I can limp the Phenom II on that long, I am jonesing big time for an upgrade as it is. Built some budget 8320e's which are neat cheap workstations but no real upgrade for me. SIGH. I guess it'll be Skylake then. I haven't run an Intel main rig since.... Prescott? Been a while!
Video looks real enough. Can we expect this across the board or is it dependent on game recodes?