Posts by burticus

Nice video, thanks for sharing. I'm jealous, I always wanted an Amiga back in the 80's but was just too pricey, had to make do with a C64. I saw an A500 at a yard sale not long ago, but no monitor/power supply anything. It looked like someone poured pancake syrup on it or something, they still wanted $50. I offered them $5, LOL, they declined.
Hey Ace-1, Is there any lag on desktop? That's an issue I see online with cheap 4K TVs all the time, just moving the mouse can be really laggy. Have you tried or noticed any issues with changing inputs? My Acers don't always play nice with my laptop if I don't go through a VERY particular shutdown/bootup sequence. For example, if I'm using both monitors on my desktop rig (hdmi input 1440), if I forget to change the input back to displayport, the next day it won't see...
Agreed, power supply is a prime suspect
My local Microcenter is selling these for $399 now. I tripped across it by accident, really. http://www.microcenter.com/product/478874/U3277PWQU_32_4K_UltraHD_LED_Monitor I've been following some different site threads about 4K TV's as monitors, but I'm worried that a 50" or bigger 4K screen is just going to be too big for what I want. Right now I've got 2 x 27" 1440p Acer K272HUL ips monitors which are great, and when I work at home I use one with my work laptop and...
Want IPS 4K 40" ! Seen some Wasabi Mangos online, but I want a name brand...
Yeah, RAID and RAM failure at same time? Smells like a fishy mobo. 3 bios beeps is usually a RAM error code, but check with your mobo vendor. Oh, you're running raid 0? Silly boy. 0 is spanning, 1 is mirror. If your raid did break because of a HD failure, you would lose the whole volume. No one should be running raid 0, ever. You're better off just using the 2 drives separately, at least then if one blows up you still have your data from the other one. Hell even...
Great article.
ignore me, I've forgotten how to post, apparently
Glad to see AMD getting back in the server saddle. More cores are always welcome in my company's huge VM farm. I wonder if Cisco will bite and release some AMD UCS systems. Doubtful.
Interesting. I have 2 of the XL, the XXL looks like the same height but is like 3 feet long.Might be worth looking into moving forward, thanks!