Posts by Mookster

That's kind of what I was getting at. World leaders shelter the voting body from the reality of it all, and even with the seriousness of "global warming" they still refuse to inform the voters about what a climate change plan really involves. Deniers, amusingly, frequently have a much more realistic view of that reality. Part of the reason for their mistrust is likely rooted in their knowing that the government holds them in such contempt as to hide to truth from them....
Climate change apocalypse is a bit less of a tangibly real phenomena for most people, and it's important to recognize that they're lumping it all in that apocalypse pile because that's how it's being sold to them by world leaders. You've got your things financial life sorted out, evidently. The implications of enacting a climate change plan probably won't really require any real sacrifices for someone in your position. That doesn't make your opinion less credible, but by...
Not exactly. I'd say to people that proclaim science is fact, that they need to recognize the irony of that statement. They have faith in the establishment of science, not the global warming science they're evangelizing. They don't know the methodology. To people who proclaim climate change is not happening, I'd tell them to learn some of the methodology before judging the people who actually produced it.To both of them, I'd recommend analyzing their own motives for...
You need to put more thought into a statement like that. Facts absolutely do have moral implications. Anything that can be considered equal to or based in reality will undoubtedly have moral implications, unless you're such a scientific purist that you believe global warming has more basis in reality than morality. If that's your stance, you have an idealistic view of science that'll alienate you from the people whom you want to reach out to about climate change. Requiring...
That's a much too reductionist answer, in my opinion. Population is the least important factor. Cultural characteristics of the population is what has the biggest impact on their CO2 footprint. There are plenty of high population countries that do not need to be lumped into the same pile as Western-style heavy consumers.The oceans absorb a significant portion of atmospheric CO2 for the same reasons that the forests do. Also, there is significantly less landmass south of...
It's interesting how you can watch the areas below the equator absorbing CO2 and giving off Oxygen. It happens daily, so I'm pretty sure that's what's being shown. The landmass above the equator is evidently not "breathing" hard enough to meet the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. Looks like the jet streams are preventing northern CO2 from going to the South. There's less land mass south of the equator, which is why we can propably see those daily "exhales." I wonder...
I just looked BulletBait's graphs, checked other sources, found the same info presented by credible sources (often scientists.)To me this is a question of faith in certain scientists / politicians, not a question of faith in science itself. It's not even a question of faith in climate change; it's a question of faith in human-caused climate change. And if this climate change is human caused, it's a moral question and a question of realism surrounding the way people plan to...
They want Ti buyers to become Titan buyers.They're going to make you guys wait longer and longer for Ti releases. If AMD can't offer competition for the Ti performance-bracket, they'll probably stop the Ti line altogether.Ideally, you'd think they'd want continuity of the Titan segments. You wouldn't want a Titan-equivalent product on the market at the same time as a Titan product. For maximum milking, you'd want Titan to be it's own line and always have a significant lead...
Soon we'll need to pay more for hardware that doesn't have hardware level OS lockdown. Microsoft hasn't gotten any less genius about being savage against it's competition. It's just that they now see consumer choice as their competitor. If you're not on Windows 10, you're not giving them metadata to sell to government / corporations. If they can keep you filling a page in their metadata sales catalogue, they can make money from you. If they can't, they intentfully...
I'm not sure what you're saying here.NV has been using skewed, counter-intuitive, twisted benchmarks to generate misleading hype for just as long as AMD. So has Intel, so will every corporation until the end of time.Apple does suck for more reasons than I can count, Microsoft is turning it's back on consumers after a lifetime of directing it's malevolence solely at competitors, and Linux does lack support to a point where it's almost impossible to enjoy using it.I'm all...