Posts by Mookster

You might find yourself being disappointed.I usually have a gaming laptop because I can justify the expense, but it would never be a replacement for a PC. They usually last about a year before needing to be disassembled / cleaned, otherwise temperatures become a problem. The driver support is always wonky, and the new standard for switchable graphics along with the lack of control is a huge annoyance. You'll find that once and a while, Windows will break your drivers...
Lots of people who've been waiting forever for price:performance improvements will be picking up Zen, if it delivers. I hope that'll be the case, at least. This'll be my first upgrade in 6 years. I put in a good 4 years prior, telling people they should buy AMD if all things are equal within their price bracket.. because I feared an Intel monopoly. We certainly got the monopoly that AMD users were warning about and Intel users said would never happen. Hopefully people...
Some might. It's hard to say -- we've had a minimum wage for quite a long time. Most societies have a working poor class, America does too, but they impose a limit on how poor a working person can be. Illegal immigrants, by and large, are the only working poor class we have that can work below minimum wage. The right and the left have very different opinions on what to do about that.I don't think that's how this will happen though. So far, it seems that the intention is to...
I'd say it has a bit to do with the fact that their government has nothing to gain by allowing it, whereas the US government passed legislation last Christmas Eve (good choice of date) to gain access to data mined by corporations by means of incentivization.As for the complaints of consumers in all of this, I'd say they're mostly inconsequential for a good portion of governments around the world, whereas the Swiss seem to make their voices heard a little better.
Here's where your argument falls apart. Following your logic, I've got to wonder. Do you have sharp objects in your house? "That type of thing could conceivably be used to.."I mean honestly, why even use this type of logic? Why share this kind of opinion? Do you want people to use that logic? Vote with that logic? Raise the next generation to revere that kind of logic?I don't get it. I don't even understand how you managed to post that without realizing that what you said...
Eminem fighting with a sword, shield, a set of "Beats by Dre" headphones.. and a magical dragon. Nice job Microsoft. You really get us.
I should add that you were going a bit far to call what I described as falsifying the study for special interests, too. You seem to have this all misconstrued. Let me elaborate.Knowing your customer, as a researcher, is not inherently wrong. Nothing in the study is incorrect, it's just stupid.. like I said. The amount of information ignored here makes the study pointless, and framing it as if it's capable of saying anything is kind of preposterous. That's not what's...
Unmeasured cannot be equated to irrelevant. I'm not sure where to begin on that one, it should be self evident.As far as accusing these specific researchers of falsifying the study to appease the people funding them, I'm not going to get too far into that. It wasn't so much of an accusation as a suggestion for an alternative explanation to why the study was published despite being so stupid. You can call it incredibly insulting or blow it up into libel, if you like, but...
This study attempts to link behavior to video games. It's pretty easy to see, however, that behavior has more to do with parents than video games. Also, whether or not a child plays video games says more about how parents are parenting than it does about the children themselves. Children (boys, especially) who don't play video games, in this day and age, are already going to be in a bit of a minority. According to NPD, 91% of children in the US play video games. For the...
I'm not talking about the 1 dimensional view of the world that people work with for the sake of practicality. When you're talking about how a thing like gaming actually shapes the mind of a child, you can't take such a reductive view and say "they know it's not real therefor they disregard all information from it."Things don't work that way.