Posts by Mookster

AMD hasn't considered it because AMD has never been able to afford it. And yes, using existing finances to sell your product for much cheaper than is sustainable in order to force your competitor out of the market because you can outlast them is pretty much anti-competitive behavior. Especially in a market where having majority market share = getting more market share. Once they get through the gates, the prices will obviously go through the roof and it'll be too little...
Every card (even of the same exact type) has a different limit when overclocking; we refer to it as the silicon lottery. Next time I recommend being patient and testing each card's limits slowly, individually, and with fault testing at each interval. It can be a painful process but it'll save you from things like this in the future. In this case, it does sound like one of your cards is toast, but it's hard to say for sure without more troubleshooting. I'm assuming you...
AMD enthusiast's only I guess. It'd be so hard to buy this without being a die-hard AMD fan. I love AMD and want to see them kick Intel in the teeth some day, but paying $600+ for a Richland chip when there'll likely be 8-core Intel chips in that range would be.. unjustifiable.
To those saying Cryengine is hard on the GPU and not CPU.. consider the increases we've been seeing in multi-GPU configurations with Mantle in what we thought were GPU bound scenarios, and the fact that microstutter is a thing of the past with AMD's bridgeless Crossfire. The combo isn't just winning. It's bi-winning. Tiger blood.
Have any of you been to the forums? He's not wrong; most people whine and complain about things that don't matter, would ruin the game if implemented, or things that just aren't really problems. Since bf3 I've seen complaints about "netcode" because some times they die before their game knows it, while under cover etc. That problem exists in any client side hit recognition based shooter. It's an unavoidable problem in online gaming due to latency. Server side would...
It's 20nm, and consoles are 28nm. No comparison, really. 28nm has been in production for 3 years, now. So, whether it was to cut costs and fill demand by using mature fabs, or simply to get to market as soon as possible, they decided to use 3 year old technology. These results should surprise no one, here.
Nice for compute users, I guess. I really don't see this being a sensible investment for gaming unless you absolutely require a single-GPU setup. One Titan Black wouldn't be able to handle Ultra settings on the big titles right now at 1440p, so I'd feel underwhelmed by anything other than two; but then they'll still be outperformed by three Tahiti's (or maybe even GK104's, I'm not sure.) It'd be hard to feel good about that. With bridgeless crossfire and/or GK104's...
You are obligated by that entities rules; not by the rules of the federal government.Having a recording device (one made by one of the largest corporations in the US, no less) inside of a wearable multifunction eye-glass device while in an area where recording would be a crime is still not grounds for investigation from the Department of Homeland Security. In today's age, these officials have legal right to imprison you indefinitely without judge jury or trial under the...
If the fluid starts changing to vapor more quickly at the bottom, it will also start changing from vapor to liquid more quickly at the radiator. Any pressure increase will immediately counteract itself because of this action. This allows the performance of the system to stay largely unchanged regardless of it's operating temperature.So, we're left with a system that is only limited by the performance of it's radiator and the thermal conductivity of the liquid. Fluids that...
This type of attitude is equally disturbing to me.He shouldn't have had to know better; he shouldn't have had to even think about it. Anyone asking him to remove it should have no right to do so, anyway. Glass is multi-function eyewear and wearing them in a theater doesn't warrant suspect from freaking Homeland Security.This is incredibly, incredibly wrong. It's the type of thing I said would start happening years ago, and people laughed and said I was a "conspiracy...