Posts by Mookster

No one knows if they're lying, but if they are would you be so offended?NV just told you they love the idea of competition (of their proprietary hardware) because it helps the consumer.That statement.I'm insulted to be the target audience of it.
Source.Great PR spin, especially mentioning that they're "excited by the competition" for the betterment of consumers.
I'm not making any claims about their demos; in fact, my exact words were "Back it up. Show me a source that proves the presentations did not show Freesync working with them claiming that it is." The articles I saw from Anandtech were both positive. I've looked for articles proving that AMD's demos were fake or deceitful in some way but I haven't seen them so I'd like to see a...
Back it up. Show me a source that proves the presentations did not show Freesync working with them claiming that it is.I've seen them make claims specifically that many laptops and a few desktop monitors wouldn't need new hardware because most adhere to a VESA standard that makes it possible to control VBLANK intervals via the driver, but that's laptops and eDP. The only desktop monitors that AMD claimed to have the hardware to meet Adaptive V-Sync spec are the ones that...
Fair enough, I guess, but that's a weak stab to be taking at the ATI side of AMD. A horribly wrong Bulldozer performance estimate from 2007 really has zero relevance to an AMD graphics related release, especially considering the actions AMD took after that failure.At the time of Bulldozer's inception those claims might have been warranted. Complications surrounding Bulldozer were abhorrent. Things went exceedingly well for Intel with Sandy Bridge and exceedingly bad for...
Realistically, though, when two people are talking to eachother in an interview about something technical, they can't be expected to be ultra specific for listeners who don't enough to understand what's being talked about. It seems obvious that hardware needs to exist on the monitor's side to me; when I heard "no new hardware required" my immediate understanding was that my 7970's would be compatible. When you have an spokesman and interviewer talking about something...
It isn't a finished product, and the demonstation failed. Embarassing? Yes. Reason to claim that AMD makes endless promises and never does anything? No. Your original statement that AMD never delivers on their promises was ignorant and deserved to be addressed the way I addressed it.If Freesync turns out to just simply not exist the way you're inferring, it'll be an unprecedented deception and failure to deliver. If there's precedence, show me it. Until then, there's...
AMD says these things in tech presentations/interviews that were never intended for people who don't know enough to understand the context in which it was being said. Jesus, you really thought they were going to provide the hardware for Freesync at no cost to the manufacturers? It doesn't work that way. The technology could licensed because it's intellectual property of AMD. It's good technology; it's being adopted by VESA for a reason. It has worth. AMD however, is...
You can't fault AMD on any of their hardware/software right now. Performance between the two is apples to apples in every segment. Out of courtesy I'll say drivers are about the same, but AMD currently has better frametime management and hasn't had recent major driver issues in comparison to NV's 320.18 WHQL driver. I say this only to dwarf the inevitable "AMD stutters! AMD crashes!" responses, AMD promised to improve scaling and incompatibility issues long ago, and did....
It's not AMD's fault if some people are too stupid to understand the reasons behind the beta name of an unfinished, unreleased product. It should be pretty obvious that AMD isn't going to create hardware for this and then ship it to any monitor manufacturers who wants it for no cost whatsoever. That'd be retarded.AMD could make their own propriety frame-sync technology and sell the hardware if they wanted, but instead they pushed for a new VESA standard that has a good...