Posts by Mookster

Well, when I said "just for when you commit a crime" I really meant "just for if you commit a crime."And the reason I said "when" instead of "if" is because they just assume all innocent people will eventually commit a crime, and this justifies a level of preemptive surveillance that Al Capone wouldn't have even been subjected to while he was actively suspected.It's not even accurate to say they're doing it when you're "suspected" of committing a crime. It's more accurate...
I like this stuff. Voice can also be recorded quite ingeniously due to the "sound" emitted from LED lights when they blink rapidly to produce their light (the human eye sees it as a steady stream of light.) https://youtu.be/hliHBeC1sco?t=4m54s Pretty amazing future we have ahead of us. If the NSA ever gets the silicon grunt to do this the way they do bulk data collection, hopefully they'll suddenly change policy and decide there are limits to how detailed their "just for...
Yeah, probably, but there was at least a thirst to be an informed voter at one point.. and a healthy conviction to become one. I can't fathom how people rationalize a nation-wide surveillance program that collects the kind of information necessary to construct a detailed psychology profile on all innocent people.It's mind blowing how that can be considered acceptable to so many people. I don't think they understand just how much can be done with standard advertising...
"Since their inception" is one thing. The NSA as a whole is one thing. The data mining is another thing.The tools they possess stand in direct contest to the democratic process. If there could ever be a line, that would be it. That is the last barrier separating democracy from fascism.Again, you're defaulting to faith. You assume or at least fear that external threats have risen to a level where it's reasonable to put democracy itself in the line of fire. There's no valid...
You're just becoming more and more polarized. You can't work on the assumption that the government or the NSA always has your best interests at heart. The harder you work to prove to yourself that everything is okay with this situation, the more and more your argument relies on the integrity of these people.It's a weak place to lay down your foundation. If you want your government to have integrity, you need to keep them accountable. If you want them to remain accountable,...
Commercial use isn't confined to direct sales. Confining your argument to "Ansel wasn't sold" just displays an intent to mislead people and talk your own narrative.When a corporation incorporates someone else's work into their software suite, it's reasonable to suspect commercial enterprise is the motivation. It's for, and only for, NV's commercial product line. Ansel is not charity, and neither is "GeForce Experience".
As usual, AMD is focused on facilitating changes that devs can take advantage of. HBM's capacity and speeds open the door for new innovations. Think procedurally generated games, rendering feats that a only give the illusion of complexity, that sort of thing. Smarter rendering can be accomplished with faster high capacity VRAM.
You argument is that US citizens have no right to privacy; only a right to confidentiality?That's quite sad.To argue that it's morally justified is also wrong. People have both a right, and an expectation of privacy.You can also ask any expert on social engineering just what it means when government has unrestricted access to information on it's citizens. Where you go, how well you sleep, what you do for work, your race, religion, gender "identity", sexual orientation,...
It's amazing how quickly the public can go from calling something a psychotic conspiracy theory, to complete acceptance. Onward, stallion to Orwell's future!