Posts by Mookster

Sorry to see your post was deleted. For context (moderators,) some of us are implying that with the NSA's technology in conjunction with their funding and extra-legal rights, they are uniquely poised to do things like perpetuate their law-breaking with more law-breaking. I'd say it's a relevant extrapolation with consideration to the topic.While what he's saying does seem like a conspircay theory, I have seen some very odd examples of media sabotage. One that sticks out in...
I'm not sure how one would stop an agency that has the authority to lie to and spy on congress without consequence. I've talked lots about this in other threads. I'll let Rand Paul educate those of you who are interested in why this is happening. .
Amusingly, the program offers nothing to empower people to prevent the collection of such data.Overall, I wouldn't totally object to any of my information being collected, if I could count on the government to enforce a regulation that would empower me to decline all forms of personal information collection.The fact that the government isn't forcing corporations to offer such a solution, isn't what has me so aggravated, though. What I'm outraged about, is the fact that the...
People trust that they won't be harmed by it. They trust that the government will protect them, and protect their privacy in the ways that matter. Afterall, people do typically respond to government surveillance in the same way. People are generally fine with having their privacy invaded as long as it's part of the government's mandate to do "anything and everything to keep US citizens safe." I think people feel like the government has their back, and therefor their...
Probably because peoples' reactions are like this:
Oh, it came out fine. I just had to throw a snarky comment in to make sure people do understand the differences between "free" and "freeware," and of course for a bit of humor.Postal, however, went on to perpetuated your joke only for the purpose of adding insult, which is why I felt the need to get a bit more.. educational. Kind of like how when someone cracks a joke and you laugh, until another retard jumps in with a "YEAH [repeats the joke] HAHAHA."
Colorful.Yes, I really quoted your response and his and called them salty.A comment was made saying a third party would end up buying AMD after all this interest in A-Sync, to which another person replied saying there's nothing to buy because A-Sync is free. Which is correct; A-Sync is freely available. In this instance, this thread, we're happy to see that Intel is adopting it for no licensing costs to benefit Intel users. You, and the other person I quoted went far out...
The NSA has a 52 billion dollar annual budget and is collecting every bit of information it possibly can from every person it possibly can in America, including congress (who is intended to be the peoples' defense against such surveillance.)Does it not occur to you, that nothing appears to stand in their way if they wish to acquire information held by corporations such as MS, Google, and Apple?No one cares, today, perhaps. The information and all these corporations'...
So salty.Such a long reach you might tip over the salt shaker with your fingertips.
When you have secret agencies in the government like the NSA, who blatantly lie to congress when asked about their collection of phone calls for the entire nation and suffer no recourse, you kinda have to assume that they're going to acquire access to these ultra-comprehensive personal profiles that MS will be compiling on nearly every single personal computer user.Freedom of speech is absolutely at the heart of this because there's fundamentally nothing that stands as a...