Posts by Mookster

I'm not offended. I just think the definition of "subpar" is subjective.Par might be manual installs for you, but par for other people might include ease and convenience of install. There's always a compromise between ease and result. In the case of NMM, I think they actually found "par" in the balance of convenience and quality.
It's a better alternative to what we all know they're actually planning on doing.NMM isn't that bad by the way. I've used it, multiple times, to just sloppily slam over 200 mods into Skyrim without wasting much of my time. I've done that about 5 times, now, with different mods. I've never had any real issues, so I think in this case you probably mean it's "not for you" instead of "a pile of poo."NMM and the modding community as a whole has a higher competency rate than...
They should just get in touch with NexusMods.com and work with them to create a better looking version of the Nexus Mod Manager. That's the only kind of launcher that Bethesda should have. DRM will interfere with mods, and Bethesda will be garbage without the mod community. They need to embrace it and rely on the consumer to pay them their dues. They won't win this fight with DRM.
Also a good point, but NV does have the resources and know-how to shift strategies much faster than AMD.AMD, on the other hand, is very slow to adapt to NV's advantageous strategy shifting.I usually go with AMD cards because of that; the way NV morphs through each generation with the equivalent of hardware and software engineering "parlor tricks" usually leaves the consumer with less than they expected after a short period of time, while AMD products age a bit more...
No, I'm not kidding.Just because certain chips are hanging around, doesn't mean they're great. AMD has had many decent chips, but GCN as a whole has seen very little in the way of improvements since Tahiti. Meanwhile, Fermi architecture has seen monumental improvements with the introduction of Kepler and Maxwell. Kepler came along with a die shrink, and Maxwell was a pure architectural improvement.In terms of architecture improvements, it's difficult to determine whether...
To reduce any single person to being a "pseudo-conscious, instinct driven organism that consumes and reproduces" is a pretty abhorrent notion if you're insinuating that only a certain class of society is doing more than that.The concept of a "real accomplishment" that adds real "value" to the universe and to eternity, is highly debatable to start with. There's nothing to indicate that the concept of an accomplishment or value exists anywhere other than as a virtual...
Green is the color of poison. We need a carbon tax now or we're all going to die. These kinds of propaganda articles should be illegal.
The Windows 10 "recommended update" comes in blazingly fast, though.
That's surprising. I always regarded SLI as more or less equal to Crossfire. After a few years with 7970's in Crossfire, I can only name a few games that have given me real issues in Crossfire. The vast majority have been great right out of the box. Minimums have scaled just as good as maximums in almost every game I've played. I think Far Cry was the only non-indie game that I simply gave up and never returned to using with Crossfire enabled. Overall I've had a...
That's a real shame. Hopefully NV was able to do more with this node. AMD should have ditched GCN from the looks of it.