Posts by Mookster

I'm talking about the government and their initiative to use excessive force against it's own citizens. Hell, they need not even use police. Look at situations like Bundy farms, where they just settled on using contract mercenaries (something else was once not only morally prohibited, but completely illegal in war (now being utilized against citizens on home soil.)I'm sorry, I just don't agree with giving the government a weapon that chooses it's own targets. They refuse...
This whole idea that a person needs a certain qualification to make an objection to an issue, needs to stop.It's a completely valid concern. The government is not omnipotent. They mess up. Often.The idea of them creating automated offensive weapons, with consideration to our current civil rights crisis and stripping of constitutional rights and freedoms in the name of 'security,' is pretty concerning to me.I'm upset about a growing police force. I'm upset about their...
Oh it does:Granted, NV does have a huge lead, but AMD is providing the closest runner up in terms of worst bang for your buck. The competition is real.I guess I understand wanting a chart-topper, though.
Based on what?Pascal coming equipped with HBM2 and a 4096-bit bus is enough to declare in the performance king of next year?Or is it just that you give NV your money regardless of their standing against the competition?
Budget is logic. Include another $20 ASIC and potentially save damages that could easily exceed the entire companies worth.That's why I find it so hard to fathom that they'd risk such a thing. We aren't exactly talking about the typical factory defect, here.
I always assumed every manufacturer was physically separating computerized vehicle controls from the media hardware/software. I can't believe the two or connected; and if they're this stupid, I wouldn't doubt it if they were using the same hardware and even OS for both. There is no anti-hacking effort adequate to consider it appropriate to have vital vehicle controls happening on a computer that has wireless capability of any kind. The personal payoff a malicious hacker...
How badly I'd like to comment on how saddening this is from a civil rights perspective. Lately OCN likes to delete my posts when I bring civil liberties into the conversation, as it pertains to anti-piracy oversteps, though. Patriotism isn't tolerated here anymore..
It's another AMD trait people tend to overlook. At lower resolutions AMD will typically bow out to NV. Often times, a large 1080p lead from NV will turn to a large 1440p or 2160p lead for AMD. Such has been the case for as long as I remember.
If you get a good overclock on memory and core, and play at lower resolutions, and keep the Fury at stock, the 980 will be about as good as Fury. Sounds like more of a con, than a pro, if you ask me.Fury runs incredibly cool on air. Considering we see good gains with no voltage increase, and we're far from thermal constraints, we won't even be having this conversation once voltage is unlocked. Fury is superior to the 980; and it ought to be.That said, it's still not a good...
So we're talking about a paintball fight? Or? Obviously a robot with human occupants can't go shooting or hacking away at eachother. If they're going to do this, it should be done with unmanned robots and should be melee-only.