Posts by Mookster

Oh.Well, I made a very conscience decision not to sharpen that statement towards religion. We have a long history of popular beliefs, predicated on faith, that resulted in great harm. I felt it was better to let every reader refer to their own specific example, and re-examine their own beliefs about "science" within the context of that comparison.That was the point of what I was saying, after all: the way that many people are placing blind faith in anything labeled...
Is it invalid to point out that a large contributing factor here is a very naive and faith driven acceptance, by the general public, of anything "science"?I'm not really picking up on whatever it is you're trying to insinuate, but you've replied this way to two totally unrelated posts of mine so you've got my attention. Care to elaborate?
Source.I think the article nailed it when they said:"Scientific evidence is often complicated and cloaked in a belief that reputable and experienced doctors providing expert evidence in court can't be wrong. The public too easily accepts these experts at face value."In the absence of some previously more popular and blatantly illogical places for people to place faith, many are now placing it in anything with #science.
Another win for the consumer! Just think, now Hollywood won't go bankrupt like we've feared; they'll make more money on subscriptions based services. Thanks to copyright law, they should be able to at least keep their heads above water by maintaining these dangerously low 6 billion dollar profit margins each quarter. For a while there I was scared the actors would stop acting and the writers would stop writing. Thank you, thank you, thank you copyright law. I just hope...
Keep in mind, these are Chinese crackers dismantling copyright protection made by American companies and infringing upon American copyright laws. This is law that's applied internationally through murky treaties that no one wanted to make, and there's very little incentive for other countries to proactively enforce them. When you're living in poverty, or at least witnessing most of your country living in poverty.. it's probably somewhat conflicting to see wealth earned...
I don't know. I've really gotten used to having a screen with fraps on my keyboard. Mechanical keyboards never really grabbed me the way they grabbed the rest of the market. I used them in the 90's and early 2000's. I didn't mind the transition away from them, I don't feel that compelled to transition back to them. I don't see this perceived "performance" aspect of mechanical keyboards. I just don't get it.
Cortana V2.0
The new AMD hatecrowd won't get the reference. AMD haters become fans when subjected to time.
Should make a nice museum piece when Congress declares bankruptcy, is more like it.Having no funds is hardly "some reason" to cut funding.
For now.I recall saying the same thing about phone bloatware. These days you sometimes need to root your phone just to get rid off bloatware that they won't let you uninstall. Meanwhile, the government passed such loose legislation, that rooting is technically illegal.The bottom line is, things are getting worse. Competition is abysmal because of things like lobbying, access to cheap foreign slaves workers copyright and patent law, and they know it. Monolithic corporations...