Posts by Mookster

Everyone, don't listen to this because it should be deleted anyway, because it's WCCF.After this thread is closed, please proceed to the Chiphell thread to hear about what GPU mature users / performance-minded consumers buy.Thank you for your understanding and please do not contrast the public response to each of the threads mentioned in this post with one and other. [[SPOILER]]
That sounds like copyright infringement. Content owners use the same grounds to prevent hacking, actually.More importantly, are you distributing the copyright altering content? Because that's when things get really dicey. And how are you distributing this content? Are you taking donations for a website? Even as a tax exempt, this is a criminal offense.Luckily you don't need to worry about it unless a team of corporate lawyers pursues you, though. In which case, it actually...
Because you actually can't hack a bank and get money without some legal recompense unless you get away with it? This applies also to murder, war crimes, rape, and other much more serious crimes. Sometimes bad guys get away because we can't be tyrannical authoritarians.Also, hacking is not equivalent to theft. Gaming is also not equivalent to commerce driven competition. Competition between two individual civilians is different than competition between two commercial...
Accurate.Okay, maybe we'll just give trolls 3 years in prison, and cheaters 5 years in prison. That seems proportional.
Agreed. People who intentionally team kill or troll in games should go to jail too honestly. They deserve whatever's coming to them. You don't accidentally troll.
It's illegal in the US all the same, fellas. Copyright law comes with even steeper punishments, and that's the only law that has worked out for corporations in their lawsuits against hackers. It might not be for "hacking," but when a you're a multi-billion dollar corporation, you can find a way to put the person away -- and that's what they've been doing with game hackers lately. Impossibly large fines that default into prison sentences.
Agreed. This is critical to my enjoyment of smart phones.How could anyone be incapable of seeing the practicality of this?
If you want to make an omelette, you gotta break a few individual rights. Just think of the cost savings, though.
Yeah. Maybe some misdirected anger, there, but this whole "I'm not surprised" response tends to convey a certain sense of nonchalance. I've been watching this situation degrade. Things are worse now than anyone ever thought, back in the early 2000's. Back then, you couldn't convince anyone that privacy could end up being this severely marginalized. Recognizing the slippery slope was considered admission of being a conspiracy theorist. Flash forward to now, and people skip...
I hear this far too often, considering how many people I fought with on these issues for the last decade and how silent this new wave of "unsurprised" people were..If you're not surprised, don't go around telling everyone not to be surprised. It's good for people to recognize this as abnormal. It is abnormal, and that's how everyone should be reacting to it. It's not a time to deter people from reacting in a way that conveys urgency. Let them flip tables if they want,...