Posts by Mookster

Doing it to ourselves. If I'm excited for a game and it gets released, and it's clearly unfinished, my excitement and impatience gets the best of me. I feel like I'm depriving myself of the full experience, and the full experience is what you'd expect for that price they're asking for these titles. I refuse to be ripped off. So my solution is to acquire the game and not feel like I'm being ripped off.
40%?So, PC gaming must be immensely popular. Dark Souls has sold over 5 million copies so far; 2 million PC sales. Imagine if pirating were abolished? They would've sold 40 million if not for PC piracy! I can see why that Ubisoft CEO was so upset.
There's been reports that this is another card-bricking driver. I'd recommend holding off until more info rolls in.
I don't recognize much other than performance and price. I don't think PCB size or power savings matter to anyone except those looking to rationalize buying an inferior product.From the tests I've seen, chips like Hawaii and GM200 are very rarely bottlenecked by bandwidth. Those moments are not only rare, but incredibly brief.But don't take my word for it, look at the benchmarks yourself and tell me that Fiji's performance over a 290X seems proportional to it's bandwidth...
All of which, as of right now, are also superficial.If you're buying a graphics card to play games, Fiji and it's HBM will not give you the best bang for your buck in it's price range. That is the bottom line, unfortunately.
Bandwidth isn't really that big of a deal for gaming right now. I doubt there are many scenarios where a 290X becomes bandwidth bottlenecked. HBM is great and all, but I would've preferred to see the die space used for other components, a 512-bus and perhaps see Fiji released as a "water only" card to deal with the thermal envelope. Fury would probably have some pretty unbelievable longevity, but 28nm already had more lives than a cat and they're sporting only 4GB of that...
No, they absolutely should not be praised for fixing it. They should be scorned for selling something that needed to be fixed in the first place. Forgiven, though, yes. That is, if they hadn't gone and done it all over again.
Logical fallacy? Let's review:You implied AMD lied about not being able to optimize Gameworks library effects, because they released a driver update to improve performance on a game that features Gamework's. (What a bunch of snakes, right?)I pointed out that optimizing a title that features Gamework's doesn't necessarily equate to optimizing a Gamework's effect, because Gamework's isn't used for the entire rendering.Now you're saying because Gamework's isn't used for the...
I intentionally left out the fact that their net profit doesn't include the compensation they've already paid to current employees. I'd say it does, however, very much reflect how it pays their employees.401k plans are a whole other beast, but anyway. Dividends usually account for 40% portion of net profit and include money paid to all share holders including other corporate entities and corporation owners. A large amount is also taken in tax, but this takes place after...
The entire game isn't built on Gameworks. But you would know that, as someone who knows so much, wouldn't you?