Posts by Mookster

What? Honey comes from bees? Gross.
Because "just as good" as the competition is what every company strives to be, and any sign of attempting to improve could only mean they're presently worse.
If someone is that determined to hack my microwave, let them.
Yes because realism is very important, here, in this video game simulation of a fantasy fiction.
You need to read again, I guess.500MB has been proven to operate at a very small fraction of the bandwidth the other 3500MB is able to run. This creates a very definable limit to the capability of this card. You're going to run into nearly the exact scenario you would if you didn't have that 500MB at all. I don't care what NV is doing with specific driver work-arounds to circumvent a readily apparent VRAM wall over 3.5GB in games that require more. They've mislead their...
Except that 500MB is only operating at 10% bandwidth and if your application requires 4GB of VRAM, you'll encounter major stuttering and unplayable frames because it'll act exactly as if you've hit a VRAM bottleneck which absolutely devastates performance. Your VRAM will be operating at speeds slower than the HDD it's pulling the information from, making it completely and utterly useless. So what if it's technically usable, when it's usability has zero functional use? Take...
So the 970 is "clearly not designed and intended" to use 4GB of memory? You think your analogy even remotely resembles this situation?No. Intended use is decided by me. If I intend to use all 4GB of the memory, by mods, software VSR, AA, AF or whatever I decide, my 4GB card better goddamn well be able to use all 4 gigabytes.And if you consider 10% bandwidth on 500 MB's of that 4GB to still be usable memory, you're delusional.
Intended use?Are you serious?What my card is intended for is decided by me, before I buy it. If I want a workable 4GB to get that last little bit of VSR in BF4 or that last Skyrim mod, or another level of AA, I expect a workable 4GB card.You have an obvious bias, here, and this rationalization is reflecting that. You know aswell as I do that resolution is not the only thing that determines memory use. You're also ignoring SLI applications where people expect to be pushing...
What if it was 25% of advertised memory that only worked at 15% bandwidth. 50%? Where would you draw the line?What will you do if the next monitor you buy has all the pixels you wanted, but 1/4 of them are misaligned? What if your next table is missing a few inches from one of it's legs. What if your next car comes with a tire missing 25% of it's tread?Just because NV didn't specifically advertise that all 4GB's would work properly, doesn't mean it's okay that they don't....
WCCT often has accurate and sensible information. It isn't perfect, but it's good forum food. Everyone here seems to be crying about this being anti NV, but it's quite the opposite. This may encourage me, as a person who usually goes for AMD, to go for GM200. This is a win for gamers. This is the first gaming-only flagship in a very, very long time. No sacrifices to make an HPC hybrid. Just a big die with every component focused on gaming performance. This is a very good...