Posts by Mookster

April fools in a little over a week. Kojima is trolling.
Maybe if 4-way SLI were working properly we'd be more inclined to believe 8-way is something other than a marketing ploy.
CPU progress has basically halted since Sandy Bridge. Graphics progress has been severely hampered by fab issues and a shift in fab priorities to heavily favoring the mobile sector. The last few years we've had to spend far more to get far less than we're used to.
Just trust the government to serve the interests of the people. You think you want free internet, but really you don't. If piracy keeps going, big publishers won't be able to afford to publish content anymore and then artists won't be able to be millionaires, and then they'll stop making content. Think of all the people that'll lose their jobs because of those artists not being able to afford to make their art. Save the industry and allow censored internet, speech,...
Black Hole Sun?
This "Games For Windows Live" idea sounds great! Imagine, a system where you can just log in an play your games with your hotmail account and without all the bother of having server problems with certain games or forgetting your password and going through some painful password reset thing. The UI looks really nice; it's like a retro modern thing. I like that they're going to build this FOR gamers. I'd gladly pay about the same as I'm paying for Windows Live on Xbox...
I'm not even excited about upgrading from Gulftown. I'm pissed that I need to buy a new processor to upgrade my motherboard to get things like PCI gen3 and DDR4, without actually getting much of a performance increase. It's been nearly 5 years.
Hard to say if we'll be able to warm up ocean floors significantly to cause significant gas formation release down there, but there's a lot of evidence pointing toward an ecosystem shift from oxygen based micro-organisms to hydrogen sulfide based ones if there's an ocean water temperature increase. They say cold waters dragging oxygen to ocean depths is the only thing preventing that, but when you remove that little mechanism you'd likely end up with an ocean that produces...
This isn't good. As an oil and gas worker, I'm inclined to agree that this is a natural gas formation breaching surface. The walls of the crater look exactly like the walls of pipe after suffering heavy erosion from a flowing well. When we drill these wells they often produce gas for up to 40 years. It's scary to imagine an entire formation of gas forcing it's way through the earth and upward into the atmosphere unrestricted and without being flared. Most of the gases...
Has it really been 6 months already?