Posts by Bear907

It would help to know what you will be putting in the case - 2 6870 cards, 19 hDDs, full WC loop with x2 360 rads, etc. I dig the red and black theme you are going for. Be careful not to limit your search to what the vendor pics show - any case can be painted and and led can be changed!
Cases - It sounds like your price range is in the neighborhood of around $100 - $200 US from the cases you listed. In that range, the 650D and Phantom are both good cases. I've used the 650D on a client build and was pretty happy working with it. Another case that I like the looks of, and seen some nice builds here on OCN with it is the Cooler Master Storm Sniper. Link to the Egg It depends on if you plan to use this case for upgrading to a custom water loop or longer...
count me in
I'm starting to notice the same issue on my build werds. I'm starting to mock things up myself and running into the same problem or bottom mounted fans on an RX rad blocks all the pass through holes in the center wall . . . but I have a plan! Kind of ingenius using velcro to line up your holes that way. The holes look exactly perfectly sized and placed. Not trying to kill the magic but I'm curious if you got it right in a single try or had to make a few attempts at the...
Yeah compression fittings aren't cheap . . .I just bought a handful for my sig build and spent a touch over $200 on fittings. The same in barbs would have been closer to $50 or soAs far as figuring out what you need, the Paint idea someone else suggested is a good one. Myself, I sat in front of the case and tried to visualize where everything was going (gear was still in the mail). Then I drew out the loop and went step by step to figure out what I needed.
Thank you for checking it out!Bear
I see you are using imageshack yes? I'm posting on that site for my build as well. They have a very handy uploader app you can download and install. You drag all the files you want to upload into it, select any of them in the list, choose your resize option on the right side, and check the box that says resize all images. A couple of clicks and you can upload and resize all your photos at once. It then opens a box with links to each pic so you can post them how you...
I've wondered about this myself, but haven't yet tested it. I've put led's on a fan controller before and had some success, but I haven't tried the PWM yet. If it works, it would be a cool effect. As the system gets warmer, the case lights get brighter! Or they may go into a slow pulsing effect . . . cool! Once I get further in my build I'll be testing it out. If you beat me to it, let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the comments. I know the colors may not be the usual theme seen around these boards sometimes, but I have a pretty clear picture of how the end product will look. I'm confident that it will all pull together!
Update 3 Painting of the fans A few thoughts on painting fans . . . Fans in general are pretty simple to pull apart pending enough patience to figure out each brand's trick for coming apart. The GTs were no different. Remove the sticker, pull the tiny clip from the center rod, and presto - seperation! The motor was a bit tricky until I realized you had to press in and turn slightly to get it to release. I did not take pics of the dissassembly because the camera I'm...