Posts by Bear907

Update 6 - Pedestal and accessories get some color at last Well, the weather held out for me. It was forecasted to rain all weekend and for the next few days. Saturday is was very windy, and today was threatning to rain all day. I took a chance and started painting the pedestal and all the pieces and parts of the main case. Thankfully it was only a bit windy and I was able to get some things accomplished. As I type this, a few sprinkles of started falling - timing is...
Whew!! What a weekend it has been. Yard work, a picnic at the lake, and big leap forward in this project! I'm sorting through pics now, and have a couple more to take as I finish working on the rig tonite. Update and pics incoming in a couple hours . . .
I have gone back and forth with if I should or not the past month. Since I've gone from a full paint job to now using cf wrap for a portion of the interior, I think it will be fine. If I were to do a full paint job I would definitely drill out the rivets. CaseLabs mentioned in another thread that deriveting the case will void the warranty. I already did that by cutting the case anyway but the info is there none the less. We'll see how it turns out. I can always pull it...
subbed - looking forward to it!
I've been itching to get to the fan wiring and sleeving, but I had to change paths again. As much as I want to see some things start to come together, I really want to get the case modding completed before moving on to something else. I spent the better part of the morning masking all the pieces and parts of the case and accessories. Since there are over 30 rivets in the main case, i won't be de-riviting it . . . so I have to paint the main case in stages. I'm hoping...
Not sure when the package with thunderbolt will come out but it definitely will. I'm reading through the CHV manual now and it has a section about the thunderbolt and how to install it.
or use it as an opportunity to flush your loop - tis what I would do personally.If youa re going to try and sneak the boards in and out, but sure to do a leak test prior to booting it up. Would be a shame to rush it and short a new CH V
my CHV was delivered this afternoon. woot!
I first drive through Oregon a few summers back I ran into this . . . never heard of such a thing before. I already had my tank open and the pump in my hand and this kid comes running and yelling at me like I just kicked a puppy or something . . . crazy lolI'm jealous of the paint - looks great!
Thanks guysThe case prep is a necessary evil and not all together exciting as far as parts of a build log go. I am of the mind that more time spent prepping and making sure the foundation is set perfect leads to many fewer issues later in the build. Been my experience anyway.There will be another update later this weekend. I finally have a weekend free of no responsibilities except mowing the yard and maybe a round or two of croquet at the park. So I have a few...