Posts by Bear907

Thanks wermad. It turned out great.
Thank you. You've gotta work with what you got sometimes. Id kill for a shop though...and my wife would help! I've got pieces and parts of this build strewn across the house. Lol
UPDATE 7 - Case painting finally finished! Whew, what an adventure this has been. This by far is the most ambitious PC build I've ever taken on from a creative design point of view. I've spent a number of hours all total planning, designing, get started - then run into an issue and have to redesign . . . and sometimes I've just sat and stared at this case and my pile of notes and sketches. I hope as this starts to take shape, people will enjoy the efforts of my stress...
Finally got the attention of FannBlade! Thanks for the kind words!I haven't had to do much masking for this sort of thing before. Most of the other cases I've painted have been 1 or 2 colors tops . . . this was a bit more ambitious. When I saw how much tape I was going to use, I couldn't bring myself to spend 50 bucks in tape. I will next timeYeah that 3/4" bit did fine for the first few seconds until it warmed the aluminum and then ripped the drill right out of my...
That would have been easier, but where is the fun in that? So I tried fixing the paint bleed over 2 ways. I used some paint remover and a shop rag, and it worked great for removing the paint . . . and dulled the finish from the powder coat. I did not anticipate this . . .Now forced into having to paint the panels anyway, I taped off all the mech areas from behind, and gave them a couple very light coats of black. You can still see the interior color on the inside of...
So . . . I hit a set back tonite. I've painted 3 or 4 cases over the years - simply mind you - but I have some experience with a rattle can. However, I have never attempted to paint a mesh before. Tonite I pulled the tape on all the pieces of the last update, and all the mesh looks similar to this . . . The interior turned out perfectly I fired off a quick msg to our resident painting pro FannBlade. He has suggested I reverse the mask and repaint the exterior...
mini update - Plans for the week After work tonite, I am planning on getting the last few holes I need drilled done, and pending the weather holds I'll be painting the main case and remaining hardware today or tomorrow. The new Crosshair V motherboard has arrived, but I'm unable to test it unless I want to pull the processor out of my current rig . . . which I may do in a week or so to test. I also ordered a few last minute items including a waterblock for the 2nd GPU,...
That's good to know. I thought it was anything more then 1, which I thought odd. Good, one less cable to sleeve.
I have the board but waiting to install it until i finish my case mods.You must plug-in the 24pin main power, the 4pin CPU, and either the full 8pin or at least a 4pin into the connector by the DRAM. Your board should have come with that 8pin capped on half - so you can plug in a 4 pin - but 8 would be best if you PSU has it.The 4pin molex as stated a few posts up is only needed if you are going to run multiple GPU cards.I too am at a loss on routing that molex to the...
Gah!! It won't stop raining so I'm still stuck in not being able to finish the painting of the main case. I have been working on a few other issues though, and have also ordered the rest of the parts and pieces I needed. I think I have my cable routing issue mostly solved. I'll post my solution in the next update with some pics of course. One issue I've run into has been with fan orientation since I can't do push/pull on the rads due to space limitations. Originally,...