Posts by tictoc

Cosmology@Home Start: 66 - Goal: 65 - Currently:63 | Looks like we'll grab at least one more spot before the end of the month.      SETI@Home Start: 156 - Goal: 150 - Currently:152 |  If Team Denmark's output keeps dropping we may make it to 150.  Otherwise it looks like we'll get to 151, which is still a nice bump in the standings.    Constellation Start:  37 - Goal: 36 - Currently:37 | We are back to 37th, and it looks like 36th is within...
Milkyway@home will be losing it's funding from the NSF, so they are currently doing a fundraiser to keep the project going through the summer of 2015. You can find more info at the Milkyway@home forum.http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=3565 In addition to donating physical money Bitcoin Utopia has joined in on the fundraising effort. Info on the Bitcoin Utopia campaign can be found here: http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=3591,...
tictoc i7-4790k on die-TIM: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra ihs-TIM: Tuniq TX-4  Mhz gained: N/A OC after delid: 4.7 Ghz  Temp drops: -18° C CPU-Z validation of max OC: http://valid.canardpc.com/ct2uqv       I used the razor to just get under one corner of the IHS, and then I used the sharpened credit card to cut through the rest of the adhesive.   Cooling is currently a Thermaltake Frio Extereme, while I wait for my new block and various other parts to...
You might try running 3 tasks at once. I believe that was the most efficient setting I ran with my 7970, clocked at 1175/1550. Although, with your GPU under-clocked you might not see any gains from running 3 tasks at a time.
Cosmology@Home Start: 66 - Goal: 65 - Currently:66 | Right now we are on pace to move up quite a few spots.      SETI@Home Start: 156 - Goal: 150 - Currently:154 | Looking pretty good. With @PR-Imagery looking to move up to the top of his country, we should get a nice bump in our output.    Constellation Start:  37 - Goal: 36 - Currently:38 | Lost a spot, but we should be able to pick it back up.  Will need a little boost to get to 36th.   Einstein@Home Start: 48...
UPDATED   @DannyDK - Screenshots for your two submissions need to have CINEBENCH R15 score, CPU-Z main and memory tabs, also need to add the data line for your A10-7850k submission. @dhenzjhen  - I have added your score to the chart, but can you add the screenshot and data line to your submission @yawa - CPU-Z Memory Tab not in screenshot @CuriousNapper - Need to add screenshot with CINEBENCH R15 score, CPU-Z main and memory tabs to your submission
  Before I sold my other cards I did have the memory dropped as low as it would go, but now that it is the only card in my main system I just leave it at 1550 on stock memory voltage.  There is only about a 3-4° difference in temperature with the memory at 1550.
This may be my roughest BGB to date.  Day 1: 6 hour power outage, and now Day 2: complete driver implosion on my 7970.   Came home to find a black screen, GPU fan not spinning, and no sign of the 7970 in Windows.  Switched monitors over to my secondary card, and the 7970 was no where to be seen.  No errors in the Event Log, it was as if my card just disappeared. I thought for sure that after running for 2.5 years at 1175-1215 core, 1550 memory, and amassing 150 million...
Might be time to backup your BOINC Data folder and do a complete uninstall/re-install.  The client seems to be having some issues with GPU detection.     Never had this happen to me, so, unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas. 
List of past Pentathlon participants is being put together, and @TechCrazy will let everyone know what's up as soon as we have more info. Keep an eye on this thread for upcoming info on Pentathlon Badges: BOINC Pentathlon Participant Badge