Posts by Partol

Sorry, I did not read the scientific papers. Would radiation pressure explain how this engine works? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure
When Thief 1/2 first launched, I remember the reviews described it as "the game you play with your ears". Audio effects are quite good in Thief 1/2, despite their age. The background (atmospheric) audio is far better than most games, in my opinion. The "newdark" patch supports EAX and openAL. newdark is automatically installed if you install Thief 2 (from disk or disk image) using "Tafferpatcher". This may sound crazy, but I found that playing in 720p looks overall...
Thief 2 (2000) with HD texture mod and object enhancement pack Fan mission: Rose Cottage Screenshots are not deceptive. It is as scary as it looks.
I uninstalled Star Trek online a few months ago, after playing it for 3 years. Too many powers on my taskbar, too much "space magic". ground combat is awful, and in space battles, I stare at the taskbar and watch cooldowns. I know Star Trek is fictional, but I prefer more reality than fiction. If Star Citizen is buy-to-play when it goes beta, then I'm definitely buying it, and these days, I rarely buy games. When does Star Citizen go into beta?
Unlocked core i3 is ... interesting ... but $177 is too much. I paid $75 for my Pentium G3258 (not locked) and $120 for my old first generation Clarkdale core i3 (not locked). I would pay no more than $130 for a new unlocked core i3.
First, try overclocking the memory controller. Then, do some testing.Next, underclock the ram and/or increase ram timings. Then, do more testing.If performance decreases significantly (after underclocking ram), it means there could be a benefit to using faster ram and/or overclocking ram.If performance does not change (after underclocking ram), then it means you don't need faster ram.Tell us your test results, please.If you need more help, please start a new discussion...
For the past two weeks, I have been playing this mmoRPG. http://projectgorgon.com Project Gorgon is a very old-school type mmo. It's similar to Asheron's Call. No classes. Open world. One map instance (I think). No auction house but vendors sell used items. I never played Everquest, so I can't compare it to EQ. There are lots of quests. Many quests are the usual fetch/delivery/kill quest, but you never repeat any quests. There are literally dozens of skills to...
Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge can benefit from high performance ram. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZxZiksWtRQ www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNjT5R5XI4 For many years, PC gamers were saying that "ram does not matter", but from my testing, high performance ram can increase frame rate in open world games. Before buying a new cpu, motherboard, and/or ram, I would overclock your current cpu and try to reduce timings on your current ram. Instead of a new cpu, did you consider getting new...
Does this game have open-world pvp? What happens when I am killed by a cheater? Can I get my lifespan back? This concerns me very much: "When your character eventually dies, their soul will be reincarnated stronger than before and their spirit and destiny will live on in another character of your making." Does this mean that reincarnation has long-term benefits? Will rich players buy hundreds of sparks, commit suicide until perma-death, and then become stronger, after...
I can confirm that MSI H81m-p33 with bios v1.9 is overclockable. But beware of windows updates which disable overclocking. v1.9 bios is still available to download directly from MSI https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H81M-P33.html#down-bios My G3258 max OC on H81m-p33 is 4.4GHz @ 1.38-1.39 Vcore The main thing I don't like about H81m boards is only two ram slots which are very close together and only one phase vrm for the ram. I got my G3258 a few months ago, and...