Posts by Tex1954

Cool beans! It's all BNIB... should be good to go!
Nope, driving a big truck... 1810 mile run... 3 days.... then I will be doing some shuttle work from Detroit to Brampton and London, ON and back... and forth... and bouncy between places...At $0.47 per /mile, Canada runs good money... but major PITA thru customs...
On the road again... In Laredo and headed to Ontario, Canada soon...
Umm, BTW, prizes in mail from my end.... on the road again,,,
Looking good! Those little cards should never generate much heat, even overclocked to the max... Anything under 65C is really good. I love tinkering myself... can't wait to tinker more....
HOW we end up doing it is a subject for another separate discussion. This thread is about including BCU in BGB as you pointed out to me before. I said LET's INCLUDE it, but assign it a different point qualification level...When YOU say POINTS, you mean BOINC COMBINED POINTS if I am not mistaken. Everyone agrees BCU totally screwed that up as a measure of scientific progress...Want to know what I think really? I've been sneaking around it, but the fact is we don't want to...
Wow, good job!!!
PR, are you intentionally missing the point? What is your point? I make 10 points each BGB 40 times (takes years) and that qualifies me for a $200 prize? Might as well close the doors to new people counter to the intent of BGB...I gave my answers to the TOPIC... To set point minimum qualifications to get XX prize, we have to evolve... First you say points are silly and don't understand the hoopla then come up with this ignoring the "Separation" stuff?Okay, let's say...
Of course it's the same thing... it's just that you don't race bicycles against Indy cars... That is why with all the improved hardware, we should "raise the bar" where prize qualifications are concerned, but not in a way that would exclude a single modern GPU systems from qualifying... We finally need to separate the categories.To be fair about it, raising the bar based on BCU points could be so high nobody would qualify without a 50GH/s ASIC setup (this month) and a...
Larsl is top Dawg in special recognition thread ONLY because of BCU points. When I started that thread, BCU was not around... When I started, it was a measure of research done. BOINC has certificates built into it for the purpose of recognition... cobblestones of computing per project... That is there to give recognition to folks and a form of thanking them. Some people care about that...Well, most projects have a goal while BCU is a fundraiser with no research goal at...