Posts by Tex1954

LOL! You KNOW ya'll ain't alone!!! LOL!
Next year... next year come hell or high water or frozen pipes... I be there... Ya'll doing great! Sigh...
LOLWish I was helping more... but alas, stuck in Laredo on a reset... then back on the road... still haven't caught up with bills...
I found another cure by editing the Xorg.config file and putting in some dummy values to force it to work... so far so good.. PS: On the road again soon... Tomorrow looks like.
Okay, I think you are talking about the fan control for the GPU's??? If so, the GPU firmware controls them well enough... and GPU's can run up to 80c all day long without any problems...The CPU fan control is configurable in the Mobo BIOS too... so you can twiddle with that if needs be...I see no problems in your temp readings if that is under full load..
I doubt it will make any difference since the graphics usually clock much slower than the CPU or a discrete GPU... I've noticed no real change in temps when using it, only the lag in the display sometimes... If your CPU can run Prime95 all day and not overheat, using the built in GPU will likely not be a problem... however, if it's marginal, then perhaps a better cooling solution is in order.
Well, the problem stems from the Ubuntu base that Linux Mint is built on.First problem is later versions stopped faking the EDID info when a VGA dummy plug was used This causes all sorts of problems with Xorg drivers. The simple fix is for me to get a used 15" - 17" monitor that supports EDID and use it to install things... It seems this problem only happens on systems where the Mobo has no built in display support. I generally have zero problems with Mobo's that do have...
Howdy...My 6990 and 7970's run MW fine 24/7 when I am home. I have only noticed problems in that the CAT 13.12 drivers don't seem to play well with the 6990. Soo, the 6990 (when it is running) is installed in a different Mobo with CAT 12 drivers and does fine with MW that way.The difference I see in PPD is due mostly to running the different tasks and the amount of overclock applied. BUT, I have had ZERO problems running it other than the CAT 12 vs. CAT 13...
Must be a CUDA related problem... my 7970's running fine with no errors... Cat version 13.12
Well, Collatz is good for points and is fairly reliable... e0n is good as well and easy to run... Soo, doesn't it matter if it's CPU or GPU? Convector would possibly work as well... e0n and edges and others limit the amount of WU's sent to any system, so that could be an advantage...