Posts by Tex1954

Thanks... and I will tell you, Magic has made a believer out of me so far as Multi-CPU setups go... I'm sold! Now if somehow I can get OSX to run on X8DTT-F board... LOL!
COOL BEANS!Great job!
Ummm, #1 in DENIS@Home for team AND country of USA.... LOL! It's all POTM fault... never knew it existed before then...
Get an $60 X8DTT-F mobo, make a special cable to connect a 450W psu to it, drop in a couple X5680 3.33GHz 6c/12t for $280 and you got a nice cheap dual 2P rig with 24 threads. Of course, you will need to buy Xeon 1366 capable heatsinks like the Noctua U12 or something... Xeon 1366 is not the same as commercial... http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/show_host_detail.php?hostid=4552
It's too hot in Laredo,TX.... 100f in the shade... sheesh... Hope to get a Canada load from here...
Hello from Dallas,TX,,,,Well, maybe in November I will give Hackintosh a try...PS: MAGIC! Why you turn off your amazing 4P????
I see Lego cars and buses in our future, but the height of the thing will be limited to 13'-6" in most areas in the USA... and speed limits will have to change an order of magnitude...lower... Replace the air with the big wheel... http://www.superawesomemicroproject.com/ LOL!
LOL!Linux has its problems and such... but a simple desktop setup is easy and fast to install on a blank disk. If ever you want some help, just ask...Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.1 runs perfectly for me on my setups... It also has the latest BOINC you can load and run.And don't confuse an OS with a BOINC SERVER / WORK GENERATOR setup.... a BOINC server setup is ultra complicated... and the CODE the scientists run is ten times more complicated...Check out the last few entries...
DENIS is brand new and the folks are using the OLD BOINC supplied compilers & libraries for windows/linux which are way behind the Apple compilers. There are certainly things that can be optimized, but DENIS developers are just now feeling their way around BOINC source code and using the BOINC recommended skeletons to do the work. They are in no way familiar enough with it to go in and start changing things as of yet.BOINC on the server side is very strict and does not...
Well, we will see... long in the future I think...