Posts by Tex1954

Geez... care to sell some of those swapped out cards?What if they have 25 or so setups? You want 25 pics?LOL!
Super cool!
got a bunch...
LOLThe answer is, MORE MACHINES! At least one setup per project...Start dishing out the $$$$!LOL
My thoughts exactly... I mostly run what "I" like most of the time... and not really for points...
Wow! Cool! They remembered my login and 56 total points!LOL! I never ran that much... obviously...Seriously though, I'm glad they came back online... nice to see projects stay alive...
BCU is a fundraising project that helps other projects. The points are insane, no doubt about that...Darkryder sent me a usb thingy that makes 350k PPD so I run that, otherwise, all my stuff on research projects... Don't feel bad... it isn't about the points so much as it is about helping fight cancer and such...All BOINC points are GOOD points... from a 1.6GHz Pentium-M laptop to a screaming 20 core XEON... all good!
Well, I'm never seen a way to "TUNE" a project for memory usage... but Rosetta let's you decide how long the tasks should run and that may have an impact. Other than that, memory usage varies a lot sometimes, even with the same project and same tasks... Here is one page of some of the tasks I am running and you can look on the right to see memory usage.. Those cosmology tasks are taking up to 780-Meg on my setups... others take a lot less... some take more... all...
Same here... POTM is fine with me and will make plenty points doing what I normally do anyways...And you see those insane BCU points already? Good grief!
PG numbers are hundreds of digits long now... Running them on a 4P would be no different than a Desktop setup... slow... very slow... maybe you could test one or another, but I never ran much CPU tasks myself..Cosmology is a long task too, taking from 3 to 15 hours to run on my setups, but I think PG may take long as well...SIMAP is the fastest of the tasks... and with a 4P, should do very well...Well, in my experience, SIMAP on the same setup runs a tiny bit (2-4%) slower...