Posts by Tex1954

Well, did you know Thubans support ECC memory? The Socket-F parts just support multi-processor setups. The 84xx series are K10 cores and run BOINC stuff about same as Thubans. They really are getting old in this world, but do okay considering... limited to 6-cores per CPU. For a multi AMD, I would ONLY consider the G34 setups and avoid the Socket-F setups. 6180's in a G34 setup are about the best one could do for BOINC purposes unless you run tasks that use the AVX...
Great start!!
over 2.5 mil gerasim@home today... And back on the road later...
That is a 1366 Mobo... what are you trying to make?"X" mobo's (depending on manufacturer) can be the preface for a chipset series or a product line thing... same with the "Z" designation.Supermicro (almost all server) tends to label their mobo's with an "X......" thing while Asus does the same for "Z....." in their server line, but also uses "Z" for chipset designation in commercial line.I guess it doesn't really mean anything much so far as an industry standard goes for...
#1 in "The Lattice Project" today... took me over a year with dedicated hardware to pass Dr. Boincersteiner.... On the other side of things, if mm67 keeps it up, he will pass me in "Universe" soon.... I need more crunch power... and one of those Toshiba Nuke Power generators... #1 in the USA today too!
Plan on selling one to me for dirt cheap... I'll pull the mobo/cpu/coolers/psu and half the mem and sell the rest for parts...
Whoa there pardner... I might be interested in a dual 2687W setup!!!!All I would need is mobo/cpu's and maybe the coolers... but whatever... PLEASE keep me in mind!
Wow... that going to be another good setup....
Wow! You really are crunching well!Congrats!
Haven't tried the latest and no reason to that I can see for BOINC only setups...