Posts by lowfiwhiteguy

Hm. I sympathise with you guys having issues with drivers, but personally I've never once had a driver cause BSODs or crashes on my system in 3 years. I think it all comes down to a dirty registry with a buildup of unused entries tied to old drivers conflicting with the newly installed ones. I recommend manually uninstalling and running CCleaner and giving the registry a good scrub out, in addition to manually going into the registry and deleting folders with names of...
I've heard things but yeah... As far as availability though, his shop stocks pretty much everything you'd ever need domestically in Canada, and that can't be said for anywhere else I'm aware of so it's our only option for now it seems. There's nowhere locally where I live that stocks fittings and tubing, etc.Duty charges importing from America from Frozen CPU killed me last time. I try to avoid that now.
Daz is great. I'm really sorry about your experience man, I'd be bloody livid. It doesn't even look like it was scratched in transit, it honestly looks like a 25 year old piece of furniture hardware or something. How the hell did it end up that way? The retailer should replace it since it's so severely etched and worn.
Nothing in this hobby is ever 100% until you finally fix it. Often, even then you still don't know what was wrong. It's not necessarily your PSU. To be honest, if your GPU wasn't getting powered properly from the PSU it would probably just not work or you'd literally smell it cooking (not enough or too much power will both roast your card). It's either an "it works or it fries" kind of deal most of the time. PSU problems can't be ruled out entirely though, but I'd...
F1 2013 is really good. 2013 is less of an annual update with the same stuff, you get the classic DLC and they've really tuned the physics well. But if you don't like F1 then there's not much there for you at all, obviously. I love rally, but there hasn't been a decent rally game since Richard Burns Rally. Lots of people still play it but the massive amount of mods required and incompatabilities these days when you try to play it on a modern system just sucks the fun out...
I'm weary of software that claims to make life easier, haha. I mean, I still have never installed GeForce Experience or nVidia Update or anything because I don't trust computers to do what they're supposed to. But yeah it seems to have good reviews around the web... I may give it a shot.
No. They'd have no way of seeing a changed .ini file. Even if they could, I'd love to hear a developer's rationale for banning players based on their display preferences. Don't worry.
Interesting. Though I generally use the old-fashioned method as described here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers Simply because I have a hard time trusting a utility to do it for me, this way I know that they've been deleted for certain. Other than saving time, does this utility offer any benefits compared to doing it manually?
Yep, that radiator setup would keep your ship very happy. Or the 2x 140 suggested above.Glad to see you ditched the silly RAM cooling. The Chipset is purely aesthetic (It doesn't need watercooling) but it does really look cool, so that's up to you.I'd like to recommend this for your 140mm rad though:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_457_458&products_id=38610&zenid=e801525968c5768a4054422706791eeaThe XSPC EX series of radiators...
Man, I thought there was going to be a War Thunder profile in this one. The developers have enabled SLI which can be used without profile by appending "AFRFriendly" to the executable name, but they said they're waiting on NV to put out a profile for it to work natively and properly. Glad to see Assetto Corsa and Thief on there, though.