Posts by Jolly Roger

yeah rep for all the info. I might get ballsy and try it. 
OK, so I have another question for you all. I have the GoPros as discussed above which shoot in MP4. I also have another more versatile camera that I use that shoots in MP4 and AVCHD. As far as I understand, AVCHD is a higher quality format. So obviously I would want to shoot in that. My question is, would I run into any problems if I were using footage from both cameras and wanted to combine them into one project? Would it be best to limit myself to MP4 across the board,...
Nice! Gave that a try and it worked well! Thats why I ask here. OCN has helped me a ton over the years. Thanks!   Good job guys! Thanks for all the advice. REP+ to all who helped. I am still fairly new to all of this, so I am not exactly sure what I will settle on when it comes to software and such, but we will see. 
Mainly because I need a very responsive and light software package that can do it very fast with a minimum of steps, and with my experience with NLEs it's just so much more tedious. I dont have to worry about having it in a timeline or worry about the audio being off, or the PC getting bogged down. So far, in my experience, its just easier. Maybe Movie Studio is better and it is that easy, but Premiere it certainly is not. 
  Good link. I will look into it.  So I was looking around the web for something that would fulfill my needs, and I found THIS.  It had a free trial, and I gave it a whirl. It allows you to clip[ the video and save as source file. I loved it. It was't as seamless and light as GoPro Studio, but pretty dang close, and it had a feature that I wish GoPro Studio had. So at this point it is very tempting. The tests I did came out looking very good! I was impressed. 
+Rep for the quick reply and help.    I am new enough to this that I had to google NLE! Haha.    I have always been aware of vegas, but never tried it.    I am open to new software at this point though, because its time to upgrade, but I need to keep it around $100.   My needs are to post videos to youtube at 1080p or higher, (4K, but rarely).    I also need to burn through trimming lots of short, 1min-5min clips, fast and light. And then compile them into...
So I am a budding video editor. I mainly use GoPro 3+ blacks in 1080p 30 for my source. These output in MP4. Which looks awesome. But after trimming them in GoPro studio it converts them to AVI, which makes the quality suffer. I can definitely see a difference.    I have Adobe Premiere Elements 9, and am most likely going to be getting 13 soon.    I love the convenience of GoPro studio for trimming clips before I put them into Premiere. It saves hours vs the tedious...
Thanks. More good advice.
Good links. Thanks. REP+  Thanks for the advice. Good stuff to consider. REP+ I was looking at the Reaper $60 license, but what if my company breaks that $20,000 barrier one year? Do I automatically need to pay for the full license then? I'm confused on that.  I have also considered the pre-made stuff. But I do play an instrument already, and have some experience in programs like this, also my brother plays piano. So together we could probably throw something together with...
My brother and I are starting a business. A big part of that is going to be a YouTube channel and promotional videos. For our videos I need to be able to compose background tracks. I need music creation software that will allow me to use its loops and effects for a commercial purpose. I have looked into music maker but looks like that might be mostly/only for private use. I'd like to keep it under $100 USD.