Posts by Jolly Roger

I do quite a bit of design work. Professionally, personally, and for fun.    I have lost unknown amounts of time to bad monitor calibration. I have finally purchased a display calibrator.    What I really need right now is either for someone to help me learn, or send me to resources that can teach me how I need to set up color profiles in Windows, set up my illustrator/photshop documents for export to web, etc. And I'm talking beyond just the basics like set the doc to...
  Good advice too. I guess I'm just trying to decide if I think it will make a $200 difference in quality.  I tried the HD598s on the SBZ, and returned the 598s. The m50x performed much better on the SBZ. OK, so lets say that I didnt want to spend the $200 on the Schiit stack. What other $100ish DAC/AMP options are there that would improve over the SBZ with m50x?
  What would you say to this other advice I received: "I doubt that the e10k and (Schiit Modi/Magni) will offer better SQ than the SB-Z, as it's biggest feature is just the sheer power it can drive headphones with, where the SB-Z alone shouldn't leave anything to be desired in that regard.Also the ATH-m50x doesn't seem to be affected by output impedance(http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=7&graphID[]=4313&graphID[]=2851&scale=15), so when it comes to...
I have a Sound Blaster Z. Which I will be keeping, because of the optical out for other speakers.    I am considering the Schiit Modi 2/Magni 2 stack combo for my current pair of ATH-m50x.    Does this offer a considerable upgrade for my headphones vs the built-in amp of the SBZ?   Or maybe just the Fiio e10k?
I'd like to resurrect this thread, becasue my issue is very similar, but with more specifics.    I have a Sound Blaster Z. Which I will be keeping, because of the optical out for other speakers.    I am considering the Schiit Modi 2/Magni 2 stack combo for my pair of ATH-m50x.    Does this offer a considerable upgrade for my headphones vs the built-in amp of the SBZ?   Or maybe just the Fiio e10k?
Everything checks out. Couldn't get Word to duplicate any of those results. 
Good test method.    Tried the suggested. Did a direct copy/paste from that website. Everything pasted into word just the way you would expect it to. Everything was correct.   The font turned out to be Helvetic Bold. 
I should also mention this is not on my sig rig, but a work PC. A Dell/Windows 8.1 machine. Less than one year old.    Checked for updates, said it is up to date.    Check the font folder, Arial is in there, opened the font file, also checked Helvetica.    THIS is the website that I first noticed it on, and the one screenshotted above. Does not happen on OCN.    Does happen in Brave browser.
Had to install Firefox to try it out. Does not happen on Firefox.
No translations.   I disabled all extensions, and restarted Chrome. Same effect.    Now that I see that it is happening in IE too, it makes me think it might be a system setting?