Posts by eskamobob1

I apologize. Work is one of the reasons im not ultra concerned about the diminishing performance of 4 cards. I didnt mention it because it didnt relate to being able to play my games, but I probably should have. You guys do have a point that it may not be the best idea though. Eventually I would love to snag an SR-2 and 4x 480s, maybe my 4-way build will wait until then. Plus 2 (or maybe 3) cards would allow me to go with a PCI-e x8 m.2 (x4) converter and clean up some...
Im realy sorry for the late response guys. I typed this all out and never submitted it for some reasonBoth of you had very similar points, so I hope you dont mind me responding to you both at the same time.Being completely honest, the first purpose of this build isnt gaming. Most of my work is solidworks (shoddy gpu support either way), fortran, and matlab simulations (I went AMD originally because of the opencl), and while I do have access to an absurd server farm when...
for anyone else interested in it, the elite is back up for sale on the phanteks usa
damn, thats fantastic. Definitely added to my inspo for the loop.You deserve the mention. Super clean dual loop there.
Holy crap, subed. This is looking amazing.
Sub'd for sure. Also, Kinda wondering if you have any final pictures of the first version of this build. Would love to see how it turned out.
Purely curious question here. Has anyone seen or done a PLP (portrait-landscape-portrait) setup with a center 4k monitor? Just some quick and dirty math makes it look like it would be possible with 22.5x40x22.5, 24x43x24, or 27x48x27 setups. The side monitors would have to be scaled slightly, but still. Thats pretty ridiculous. Have you guys ever seen it done?
Yah, I wasnt sure how far that went back gen wise, but realizing I do need 8GB or more that doesnt realy matter.Yah, I figured 4-way would add more problems than it solved tbh. I do still want to go with it though. I plan on continuing to log everything in my old build log as well. As for cooling, my entire system (mobo, ram, GPUs, CPU) will be under water, so im not too worried about heat (currently planning on 2x 480s, 1x360 rad wise, and that can be bumped up). I can...
Im looking for some inspo on how I will set up the loops I am planning out. What are your favorite dual (or more) loop setups with different colors in 2 or more loops?
I actualy already use them for productivity (use to be 3x portrait, +1 landscape up top, but im playing around with them rn). Ultimately being able to game on all of them (I currently just game on center monitor) would be awesome, but isnt required. This thread is to help me figure out if I want to prioritise that possibility or not. Either way though, I will end up with 4 GPUs and they have to support simultaneous output of 4 monitors.Here is an example of what im talking...