Posts by dragneel

Well, Ill definitely be going for the 1070 then. Upgrading to a 2600k/3770k isnt all that economical here seeing as they go for almost $400 2nd hand, and new DDR3 ram being as much as DDR4.My plan was to slowly buy new guts over the next year~, whether thats skylake, zen or whatever's out, which is why I wanted the GPU to last a decent while. The 2500k bottleneck is only going to be a problem til then, but I thought it might be good to get a rough idea of what to expect....
That's really what I thought, but I figured I'd ask around in case I could get away with the cheaper cards.At a quick glance the 980ti is going for completely absurd prices on Ebay here... some well over $1000, and I might be wrong about it but the 4GB on the Fury cards seems a little unattractive to me, that and they also appear to be going at ridiculous prices. Ill look around elsewhere for those two later, but there probably isn't a whole lot of options for 2nd hand in...
Ideally, and i'm probably asking too much, I'd like to maintain 60fps @1440p on max settings in as many games as possible for about 2 years (ill be upgrading CPU/MoBo/Ram before then).The 480 and 1060 really do look so much better compared to my 280 of course, but how well they'll hold up for 2+ years concerns me a little.. was a little irked when my 280 started really struggling with some newer games at 1080p within only a year after getting it, then having to play RottR...
Was upgraded to a 1440p@60hz monitor for free from my RMA'd 1080p screen and my 280 is struggling a lot now so I guess it's time to upgrade again. I'm considering upgrading to a 1060, RX480 or a 1070 in the next month so I have a couple of questions; - How well would a 1060 or RX 480 perform at 1440p? - Is the perf difference of a 1070 at 1440p worth the extra $200~ AUD? - How badly would my i5 2500k bottleneck them? (Will have my CPU OC'd to 4.5ghz~) Thank you.
normal clocks: http://i.imgur.com/BiSnVef.jpg throttled down clocks.. http://i.imgur.com/QOaRn4x.jpg Still have no idea what's happening Edit: tested with only one screen plugged in, still doing it.
Hiya, I have an XFX DD r9 280 and I'm not really sure what's happening but I've noticed since I added a 2nd monitor I've been getting occasional flickering on the desktop, and if I'm just playing a game on one screen my GPU will clock up to 1000/1300mhz as it should, but then if I open anything that requires the gpu on my second screen with the game still running, my clocks will throttle down to 867/1250 and lower my FPS in my game by a significant amount. Really confused...
Id just be happy to have 24" 120-144hz 1440p IPS with freesync. Is that a thing? I haven't even looked.
I know that, I sing. That's why I can empathize with the voice actors. I've damaged my own throat more than a few times trying to sing in ranges I clearly can't reach.
What, you think they're spending 4 hours at a time to do one line? No, they're getting a lot or even potentially all of their dialogue done.
Those people aren't regularly changing their voice. Voice acting is extremely different to speaking normally. Try it, right now... raise your pitch and tone and talk like a witch for 20+ minutes, and see how sore and hoarse your throat gets.Radio announcers, TV personalities etc also have the same protections the voice actors are asking for so...