Posts by Shaded War

I blame AMD's drivers for this one weather or not they took any money from Nvidia. The problem I see with the performance is mainly due to the fact the GPU usage never goes over 70% on my friend's rig with a 7950. Average GPU usage was between 40-55% during a race with any graphic settings. AMD had plenty of time to update their drivers to fix this during the game development but they didn't. About a week ago, AMD posted on twitter they are working to get the drivers...
PSUs have terrible resale value and shipping is going to be in the $20 range. I suggest keeping it in case you build another rig. I looked and this PSU is no exception, there is plenty listed for $60 shipped and no one is bidding on them.
I have what I'd consider a higher end PC, Xbox One, as well as PS4. I have to say, the PS4 is the worst system for gaming of the three. Everything from the confusing UI and storefront (not that I use it, don't need my CC info stolen), poor exclusives with no replay value, and controller button placements for Option and Share button that are impossible to find without looking away from the TV. The only decent exclusive game I'v played on my PS4 was Last of Us, and that...
Some people don't see micro stuttering and comment exactly as you do without recognizing it is a real problem that exists. I see it as well does a friend who isn't even into computers. As she was watching several of my games run with crossfire, she was able to distinguish weather or not crossfire was enabled without me explaining what micro stutter was or even mentioning it was a thing.FarCry 4, WoW, Project Cars, F1 ,Titanfall, Arma 3, Watch Dogs, any DX9 like Skyrim......
Don't go for the 7970 crossfire, what a nightmare. So many games not properly supporting it because AMD not releasing drivers since 5 months ago, to stuttering in tons of games because they refuse to frame pace every version of DirectX. Then there's the general plain old issue of game developers not supporting it or caring to ever fix it. I had crossfire 7970's and the only game that ran proper was Battlefield 3 / 4. Everything else was hit and miss so I got rid of them...
The i3 and 260x is still faster than any quad core APU in both cpu and gpu compute power. Don't take the fact it's a dual core put you off as lower end games like this and everyday tasks only need two fast cores.The only reason to go i5 is if he ever wanted to buy a better GPU and start gaming on PC over console.
Honestly, I'd be looking at a i3-4330 + R7 260x for his use. Much cheaper and the performance is going to be plenty for those type games. There's no reason to buy an i5 to play these games then have a low end GPU to pair with it. LINK Scroll down to where they compare the i3 and i5 CPUs with each other paired with a graphics card, and you will see the i5 is just a waste of money for his use.
What drivers do AMD GPU users use for this game? My friend has a 7950 in his rig I built him, and the GPU maxes at 60% usage and averages 45-55% usage during game play so it's really bad FPS lag at any settings. I read somewhere they are aware of the issue with AMD's recent drivers and are working on a driver update, but he needs to roll back to something that actually works until then.
Can anyone help with some force feedback settings for Thrustmaster wheels? Apparently SMS doesn't care to let people register for their forums so can't look anything up on them. The default is so bad, I cannot race competitively at all. I cannot drive consistent laps at all, and qualifying is near impossible because I almost always make a mistake that invalidates time because there's no feel for the car. People with Xbox One controllers are several seconds a lap faster...
I have my Thrustmaster TX wheel with F1 wheel, and the open wheel class cars are all broken and undrivable. Anything over half gas pedal will cause the car to instantly red line but there is no increase in speed at all. Even shifting into the next gears does nothing to my speed. Played with TCS on and even then it acted like my tires are spinning 200MPH in 5th gear while I'm moving 20MPH. Driving in third person shows my tires are not even spinning out because of the TCS....