Posts by Shaded War

I saw some leaked LN2 runs of the 1800x and they were able to achieve 5.2Ghz, so it was pretty obvious that it won't OC like current Intel chips. Core for core, the the leaked 1600x benches was about the same single core and multi core performance as my 6800k if I clocked it to the same frequency.Even AMD's presentation slides of the 1800x listed them being 4% faster than a 6900k at stock clocks. So overclocked that lead will probably shift toward Intel.I don't think there...
$300 for 32GB is quite expensive. There is plenty of 3200 / 3000mhz CL15 sets for ~$180 that will work good. I'm not going to argue which is faster, but your not going to notice the difference from CL14 to CL15 outside of benchmarks so why waste $120 if price is a concern.
I don't think you would be able to tell the difference from 144 and 240Hz. Maybe if your they type of person to play GS:GO with minimum settings for 600+ FPS because you feel the difference in mouse lag, otherwise no.
I just finished scrubbing it with degreasing dish soap because it was grimy where I use the mouse. The first rinse after I scrubbed it with a rag and soap was pretty nasty since the pad is 5 years old with 10,000+ hours of use without cleaning. I'm just waiting for it to dry off now and test it again.I also emailed Xtrac pads about making a custom 18 x 48" pad.
Looking at the glorious pcgaming pad website and they only make a 24" tall pad with 48" wide. Looks like they have a sewed rim around them so I can't just cut it to size. I would have to push my monitors back further than I'd like to make it work. 22" would be absolute max height, preferably 16-20" I might just try washing this mouse pad with dish soap if I can't find something larger to replace it.
I plan to wait and see how it is for game benchmarks. If its under 5FPS difference like I think it is, then I won't bother. It's going to take at least 15FPS minimum at 4k for me to bother parting out my rig.The BF1 benchmark demo that AMD showed 10fps better @1080p on the 1700x compared to the 6800k, but it's also running stock clocks so the AMD is higher frequency with auto overclocking. BF1 is also allot better multi-threaded than 99% of games out there, so they really...
I'v been using a Xtrac pads Ripper XXL (36" x 18") mouse pad for around 5 years now. After years of use it's gotten too grimy for my mouse to properly track at times, so it's time for a new one. I could just order the new version of this mouse pad and probably be happy with it for another 5 years, but I would like to move to something wider. Around 42-48" width and 16-20" height mouse pad would be perfect. I also like to keep with flexible cloth surface pads like my...
I would say properly made virtual surround is way better than 7.1 headphones. I personally don't like playing games without it because it sounds very flat and not immersive at all.My sound card has CMSS-3D support which was the best out there in my testing I did a couple years ago. I would say playing games is way better with it enabled, since I can hear how far and where other players / AI are in the game. I wouldn't game without it because it just ads so much to the...
They would work, but as some others have already said SLI is pretty hit or miss. I don't recommend it unless you are ok with waiting months for proper SLI support to be implemented in games. Even big name titles regularly take several months for proper sli support, which means you will be running with one of those 1070's disabled half the time. I ditched my second GPU because of this, and it's just not worth it to me. I'd rather go for a 1080 and have 20% more performance...
I would suggest going with an air cooler in most cases. If you have a case that has restrictions, then an AIO might be needed or beneficial. I don't know where you read that information at, but they use pure water in AIOs so there's nothing to lump up. My H100i is over 3 years old now and has nothing wrong with it.Going to have to disagree with this depending on use. I'v used plenty variety of air coolers on overclocked x99 systems, and my old H100i on a 6800k / 5820k is...