Posts by Shaded War

Used to get decent prices on the flash sales but they got rid of them because of the the refund polity. If you bought a game before the flash sale, you couldn't get a refund so people who took a risk in not buying the game day one sometimes got rewarded. Now they just set a price for the whole week and it doesn't really get better. Most of the AAA games listed on this sale have been cheaper on other retailer websites multiple times a year, if not on a monthly basis....
Resident Evil 7 in HDR looks massively better than SDR even on the same screen with same settings. It's probably the best example of HDR implementation for currently released games that I'v played.Games where HDR was some tacked on function will look the same as SDR. Such as FF 15 on PS4 and I believe the new Mass Effect wasn't made from the ground up for it either. The video on hardware canucks shows what a crappy HDR game looks like.If the game wasn't made with 10-bit...
The only con I can see here is losing pixel density and it is probably a deal breaker for some, but 1440p is still a pretty good PPI range that I'd consider buying into.Ultrawide gaming is something that I grew accustomed to and 16:9 feels pretty cramped. Similar to comparing a 4:3 screen to a 16:9, I would take a long time to get back into it.As for IPS vs VA, I don't have a strong opinion that would sway me toward either choice. I don't need IPS viewing angles for a...
My anticipation for this monitor has gone out the window with the new monitor announcements from Acer and Asus. Seems it does everything the X27 will do but better, while being easier to run than 4k.LINK
This. I have family that drive truck and as soon as they finish a work shift, another guy jumps in the truck and runs it all night. They switch off every shift and the truck is on the road 20+ hours a day. This is a very common practice and probably the most common way of doing it for trucker working in agriculture. When it's time for harvest, there isn't time to screw around with charging batteries and they need all their equipment up-time to be 24/7 for several weeks at...
I'm not sure how it could feel heavier. I'v been using a MX Blue keyboard since 2012 and I tried a Corsair K70 MX Red keyboard that my friend has. It feels lighter and silky smooth compared to my keyboard. The only thing that put me off was no tactile feel so I didn't hit the buttons down far enough at times. I think if you use the red keyboard for a few days, you might adapt better. If my keyboard ever wears out, I'll be going to Red switches because they feel so smooth.
I think the point of skipping over 1440p is that it isn't worth skimping on pixel count on something like this. If they could save $300 by going 1440p over 4k, it still isn't worth it. No one wants a $1700 1440p screen so you may as well go for the next monitor resolution that will be standard within a couple years.Just like when we started seeing 1440p emerge when all we had was GTX 680 / AMD 7970's that could barely drive them but 2 years later it wasn't an issue....
I don't think the 1080ti is overkill for 1440p 144Hz. The most demanding games will sit around 100FPS on Ultra. The less demanding will be locked 144FPS. A 1080 would pull around 80 in the same demanding games which isn't bad by any means, but with the budget he had there's no point in skimping on GPU. Gaining another 20 to 50FPS over the 1080 is going to be quite nice with that monitor.
Could be useful I guess. I thought it was a office privacy thing which confused me for a gaming monitor.Off topic: I like your new sig rig monitor. Already committed, I see.
Hopefully we can get it without the eye tracking and hood. Those are two things I'v never needed / wanted on a monitor.What exactly is the point of using a hood on the monitor?