Posts by Shaded War

I only had time to play last Sunday so far. I did the first 4 races in the hot hatch series and it's been nothing but car crashes caused by bad AI. The ones ahead of you break way to soon so you smash into them. If you try to break and avoid them, you get smashed from behind. Other times, they will pull a pit maneuver out of the corner. I had to use the rewind so many times because of AI smashing into me, that the game would glitch out the textures and the road would go...
Really wish I could play. Had ultimate edition preordered, but the pre-load failed so many times it ate all my data and I hit the cap, so I can't download it until next month. I guess that's only 2 more days, but it still sucks.
I got 18GB into it the first time. 26GB the second time and it just reset to 0GB yet again..Now my remaining monthly data allowance is below the required 95GB, so I won't be able to download the damn game until next month because of their crappy store...
Pre-load is finally available for the game. Unfortunately the game download is 95GB and I only have 75GB left before my data cap is met. I really hope I can somehow manage to get this done before the 50 kb/s throttle kicks in or I'm screwed. Great...Game got to 8GB downloaded then an error with the MS store deleted everything and restarted from 0.
Of those options, the Thrustmaster would be a better setup and it offers options if you want other wheel rims. If you had the budget, the T300 / TX base is better but it's hard to beat that package for $250 including those T3PA pedals.
You could use the manual w/ clutch on a paddle shifted car and get even faster shifts (save over 1-2 seconds per lap). When on a stick shift car, you'r saving more like 3-4 seconds per lap. But for immersion purposes I switch between the two depending on whatever the car uses.I didn't think I would care so much about using the H-gate shifter setup and thought the same thing as you, but trust me it feels pretty awesome in Forza. If you get a setup with it, the first thing I...
Yeah, it reduces steering sensitivity based on vehicle speed for controller users. I think it's in place for novice / casual players to prevent over steer, but it can mess you up worse than it helps. I'm not sure why there isn't an option in assists to remove it.Another weird quirk I found in Forza 5-6 was using the manual + clutch setting basically shaves 4+ seconds off your lap times. The game lets you shift much faster than the character animations when you use the...
I finally got time to properly test the game. I'm using Thrustmaster TX 599xx Alcantera wheel with T3PA-Pro pedals and TH8A shifter. I moved them to my 4K TV and cranked the settings. Everything looked amazing, even compared to Project Cars 2 that I'v been playing today. It feels pretty good since wheel users dont have the artificial steering lock that controller users get. I don't know how anyone can stand to play with this and it killed the game for me initially. I'm...
I purchased every Forza game on release day since getting into the series around 2010. I'll probably end up buying this one too, but I'm not so sure how I feel about it. I have a strong sense that I'll play it for a few days and just shelf it after being disappointed. You are experiencing the same weird / bad feeling I did while playing the demo. I compared it to driving a dump truck in an earlier post and got some backlash over it because I used a controller instead of my...
I'm referring to pcars 2. There is ice and dirt track racing with WRC cars. More like rally cross racing than something you would find on a typical rally game.