Posts by Shaded War

So, there is basically no reason to buy the higher end custom 1080s since it will always perform the same. I thought adding another 6/8 pin would have relieved the voltage issue and allowed for over 2100.I guess this means whichever quiet custom cooling 1080 comes out at the cheapest will be the one I buy since power phases and power delivery doesn't matter at all.
Is this an issue with the Asus card or the GPU design? I'v been waiting for AIB 1080s to release before buying, but will different designed pcb even help on these? If GPU, may as well buy the one that runs cool and quiet for decent price instead of looking at the specs if they all OC like crap.
It's just a HDMI and USB extension cord that fits into the 5.25" bay. Seems like the same thing EVGA did, but more of a generic one fits all type device instead of specialized GPU to go with it.EVGA make a 980ti with an internal HDMI output as well as USB 3.0 connector that plugs into the motherboard with one of those 5.25" bay extensions.I suppose it's useful if your case is crammed into a desk and it's hard to get at the I/O. I personally don't need or want it for my...
I contacted Oculus about the red tint on my screens during dark / black scenes and they sent me the spudToggle tool to test. They asked me not to share the tool, so don't bother asking for it. The red tint is greatly reduced or removed and I personally can't see it anymore. Black screens became so black in the left eye that it looked like the screen was turned off, while the right eye looked like a super dark gray. So it was a bit mismatched across both eyes which was...
Is this even an issue? I thought the only exclusive games were things like Lucky's Tale where they let their customers have it for free. If you can't run it on a vive, then I don't really know what the issue is since you gave them no money to support them so why would they give free full games? Outside of Oculus in house games / demos, I thought their games ran fine on other VR sets? I remember Palmer saying Oculus exclusive = oculus store exclusive not HMD exclusive and...
The FX-8320 can be overclocked safely as long as you don't over volt it too high or run over 60°C for prolonged use. The main thing is having a motherboard that can safely overclock without overheating VRMs. What motherboard do you have?
Usually they will discharge in ~10 seconds after you unplug it if you have them connected to a motherboard with LEDs on it. Or you could hit the power button on your pc with the power unplugged and that should work too. Otherwise it could hold charges for quite some time and be hazardous to open the case of the PSU and touch the internal parts.
in
Yup I have a Thrustmaster TX with the T3PA-Pro pedals, TH8A shifter, and Ferrari Alcantera 599XX / F1 wheel rims. I also have the 458 Italia and GTE rims, but I don't really use them.I played about 30 mins of pcars, and man the resolution is a bit of a letdown past 50 meters. The interior of cars look amazing but distance is like looking through dirty smeared glass. Assetto Corsa isn't as bad, but the game is pretty poorly made for VR. I'm not sure if the pcars is running...
Received my rift today and first time VR user. Ran the dream deck demo and this is crazy. There was moments where I felt like I was 100% there and not standing in my room. Going to see if steam vr works with rift then play some project cars with my sim racing rig.