Posts by Crabtree

I'm planning a Ryzen build. I'm trying to decide over buying the 1600 or 1600x. Whichever I'll buy, I'll overclock to 4.0ghz. But if I decide not to overclock to 4.0ghz and I buy the 1600, is it possible to achieve the exact clock speed and voltage that a 1600x would have when its stock? In other words, 1600 with same clock speed and voltage of a 1600x. What exact voltage does a 1600 and 1600x run at stock? Also they both have turbo. If I overclock the 1600 to 1600x...
Thanks for reply, unfortunately I missed out on Amazon's ASUS monitor deal. For the past week or two, amazon slowly decreased its price down to about $185. I got greedy and waited longer for a price decrease. It didn't happen and it jumped straight back to $260 lol. Good to know that the sales for the monitor stick around $180. I'll surely buy it when the price is around that. As for the 1080ti... I don't think I would be able to afford it. Hopefully 1070, 1080, or the...
I'm looking to buy the ASUS VG248QE. I'm making a ryzen 1600 build. I'll be upgrading my monitor from 60hz to 144hz. Not sure exactly what computer parts I would have to focus on to get the best performance out of a 1080p 144hz monitor. I'm thinking faster ram speed would help more for a 144hz monitor. Not sure if I should spend more $ to go higher than 3000mhz. And maybe should I go for the geforce 1070 or 1080? I'm in no rush to buy computers parts. Ill be waiting for...
I'm making a Ryzen 1600 build. Buying parts one at a time when I see good sales. I'm not in any rush. My computer case only fits up to mATX boards and I was looking forward to buying the MSI B350 Motar but I'm seeing mixed reviews of good and bad. Not sure if I should buy this board when I see a good sale or look forward to any upcoming mATX boards with better features. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144026 Planned build: AMD Ryzen 1600...
Hello, I put a new itx build together and I am worried about the thermal paste because I had to re-adjust the cpu cooler by loosening the bracket. Right now its idling at 40-45c. I have the Cryorig C7 as my cpu cooler. The case is compact so there is not much air flow. I havent put the cpu under any stress test yet to find its high temperature. I don't want to destory my cpu. Is 40-45c idling okay? and what temperature should I not go over? I'm just trying to figure out...
Hello, I am putting together a Ryzen 1600 build pretty soon and was wondering if windows 7 ultimate would be compatible. I read reviews that Intel's KabyLake was not compatible with windwos 7 and only works on windows 10. Wasn't sure if its the same for the Ryzens.
Sorry, didn't realize link was going to my wishlist. Yes that western digital m.2 drive was the one I was referring too.. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250081&Tpk=M.2%20WD%20blue%20250gb&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6146846&SID=j459qqdr0i000kb500053 Thanks for catching it doesnt support the MOBO i chose. Looking at another mobo.. I think I found one that is compatible with the...
Hi, I'm new to M.2. I'm building an ITX build and am wondering if this M.2 would be compatible with my motherboard. I'll be looking to use it as a boot up drive and install windows 7 or windows 10. Thanks. M.2 WD blue 250gb https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/TemporaryWishList.aspx?ChangeQty=0 MSI H110I https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130901
Hello, I'm having troubles finding a compatible MiniITX motherboard for my set up with an Intel G4560 LGA 1151. I'm going to be putting it together with the Antec ISK 300 so my space is limited. I don't plan on overclocking so reliability is my main concern. I am new to the M.2 world. My case is able to fit a 2.5 form factor SSD but I feel like it will be too cramped inside so I would like to open up more space for better airflow. I would like to add a M.2 as my boot up...
I'm making a new build with a Ryzen 1600. I'm not sure what the best memory set up for the Ryzen 1600.. I'm looking for a total of 16gb Ram. Should I go single, dual, or full slot (4 memory sticks)? Also, should I invest in higher clock speeds or lower timings? I don't plan on overclocking the memory but I do plan to slightly overclocking the CPU. I'll be using a micro ATX board but not sure which one yet. Please let me know what sort of set up I should make. Thanks