Posts by Crabtree

I bought a TV (Sony 65" 900E) a few weeks ago that does not support dolby vision. If I buy a 4k player that supports dolby vision, will I be able to play dolby vision videos on the TV I bought?
I'm looking to clone an OCZ 120gb ssd. It's for my business. I use it as a security system that was set up by a technician long time ago. I don't think I will be able to back it up and set up the exact way he installed the program for our security systems. I read that SSD tends to fail over a long period of time. Its about 5-8 years old and I am just afraid of it failing soon and then I will have to call up the security system technician again and pay $$$.. Is it safe to...
Ahh thanks! didn't realize there was another set marked right next to it.
Agreed. I always look a the manual but I am really confused because it looks like there is 4 pins instead of 2. And it didn't come with any jumper caps.. I know there is a trick if I do not have a jumper cap. Would be to use a screw driver or something conductive. Maybe the first 2 pins left to right are the 2 pins the manual is pointing to. Don't know if I should ignore the other 2 pins on the right of it.    
I just put together a new computer and I'm planning to overclock soon. I noticed that I didn't receive any jumper caps on my motherboard. According to the manual, in order to reset bios I have to use a jumper cap. Not sure if motherboard manufacture forgot to put a jumper cap on my motherboard or nowadays newer motherboards don't come with jumper caps. My computer boots up fine without any jumper caps. MSI mortar B350M Am4
I'm making an AMD build and I have to buy memory to complete it. I narrowed it down to two different memory sticks. Not sure which one is the better buy. Both are the same price at the moment. Leaning toward Corsair because they have good reputation but both companies have lifetime warranty on their memory anyways. Ballistix Elite looks like it has slightly better timings. Should I go with Ballistix or Corsair? Ballistix Elite 16gb 3000mhz timing...
Thanks... I had a feeling it might not have worked because its an older monitor... Was planning to use it with my gaming laptop but it only accepts HDMI.. Now I'm going to have to wait until I finish my desktop build to be able to use it at 144hz. All I need is a 1070.. Blame crypto miners lol...
I'm seeing mixed reviews. Not sure if I will be able to run 144hz on this monitor if I use the HDMI port. I just bought the Asus VG248 and I have a HDMI 2.0 Cable. Will I be able to run 144hz with HDMI 2.0 or do I have to buy a display port cable?
I'm planning a Ryzen build. I'm trying to decide over buying the 1600 or 1600x. Whichever I'll buy, I'll overclock to 4.0ghz. But if I decide not to overclock to 4.0ghz and I buy the 1600, is it possible to achieve the exact clock speed and voltage that a 1600x would have when its stock? In other words, 1600 with same clock speed and voltage of a 1600x. What exact voltage does a 1600 and 1600x run at stock? Also they both have turbo. If I overclock the 1600 to 1600x...
Thanks for reply, unfortunately I missed out on Amazon's ASUS monitor deal. For the past week or two, amazon slowly decreased its price down to about $185. I got greedy and waited longer for a price decrease. It didn't happen and it jumped straight back to $260 lol. Good to know that the sales for the monitor stick around $180. I'll surely buy it when the price is around that. As for the 1080ti... I don't think I would be able to afford it. Hopefully 1070, 1080, or the...