Posts by amvnz

The intel ahci driver supports MSI mode whereas the standard ahci driver does not. So if you got an IRQ conflict it will be better to use the intel one so you can switch from line-based to msi. My mouse and dpc latency is the same with the standard microsoft drivers and the intel drivers for ahci and usb, as well as usb 3.0 turned on. The usb 3 thing probably affects cheaper motherboards. The ram speed vs timings thing seems bogus. A lot of the other things may have the...
Just need to click update driver, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, then install the standard one.
I thought the chipset just gave proper names for your hardware and they weren't actual drivers. It's just an inf. Anyway, scrolling webpages is smoother. Less slowdowns / hiccups. Was doing it every 3rd rapid scroll, now it does it after I have scrolled up and down the entire page like 4 times.
Hmmm, scrolling webpages (3 scrolls fast) does look pretty horrid on my screen. I'll test this. Just wondering, did you have your USB set to MSI? Also Windows 8 isn't that bad. Here's my dpc latency after 17 minutes playing Black Ops 2 multiplayer and I haven't done a lot of the controversial stuff (removing flash, java, .net, intel rst and mei, hpet is still on, c6/7 is on) :
What's your opinion on the windows process scheduler? Optimize for programs or background services? Background services would be better for keeping input devices responsive wouldn't it and would keep your system in general more responsive in case any program hangs. (kind of like process lasso). Also what about playing games in below normal priority? (I guess this is the same as choosing background services for the scheduler) This would keep your mouse more responsive.
With the F10 Bios my BCLK is stuck at 99.8mhz no matter what. If I try set to manual it just freezes instantly or freezes when I hit save. Sometimes it doesn't freeze but stays at 99.8 any way.
edit: Had a problem but resolved it myself. I had Latencymon set to kernel timer mode instead of user interrupt mode. On Windows 8.1 I get anywhere from 16~30us with spikes as low as 2us and as high as 70us. Sadly HPET is hidden in gigabyte bios. So it seems to be on because it is in device manager. I left MEI in device manager too. I did disable turbo, eist, c1, c3, set to exmPerf, set to high performance power plan but I kept C6/7 states enabled (slowest state, I know)...
280x has better memory timings, etc for each strap. I'm not sure if you can flash a 280x bios onto a 7970 but I know the Sapphire 7970 vapor-X accepts the 280x vapor-X bios. Instead you can use Lard's memory patcher for the 7970 to get the same effect. Link is here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1395490/ati-hd-7950-7970-bios-mod-thread/820#post_22584542
Surely this is some practical joke or a fake picture..
Grow up. You may as well put up a picture of all first person shooters while you are at it and post the same crap in every other first person shooter thread.