Posts by amvnz

I came from AMD HD 7970 trifire to Nvidia GTX 1080. The card is as powerful as all 3 combined, without any VRAM limitations or crossfire compatibility reliance. Really happy. The DPC latency is horrible though, gone from a consistent 20us to a ****storm, values going up to 4500us and an average of 1000us when idle.
The vram consumption is intentional. Why does nobody get that? By default it targets 90% vram utilisation by caching all textures. You can decrease this to 75%. What's the point of vram if you ain't going to use it?
The game INTENTIONALLY uses that much VRAM. By default it TARGETS to utilize 90% of your VRAM by keeping textures loaded so they don't need to be streamed in. You can go into the config and reduce the target to 75%.
You are a god. Worked for all 3 of my cards.
MPDN is a good alternative media player. Has most of the benefits of MadVR built in.
You are looking at Just Cause 2. Not 3.
Any chance you could do something like this for HD 7970s? I have 3 reference 7970s (HIS, MSI and ASUS). I know you already done quite a few per request during the mining craze, so if you already got a bios recommended for these cards, a link would be well appreciated. Thanks.
Waterfox + FT DeepDark theme + uBlock Origin works well for me. Can even get uBlock to work with websites that don't allow adblocking by playing with the toggles (strict blocking, cosmetic filtering, etc).
AMD APP has been removed in all recent drivers. Why??? Also the FRTC does not work for me. Tested Osu! and CS:GO and neither had their fps affected. edit: Nevermind, apparently FRTC only works on DirectX 10 +.
Flash uninstalled.