Posts by jackofhearts495

Thanks for the feedback.The goal is to get rid of the lot and size down to a NUC or something. I get bored with my hardware pretty easily
I got my Thinkpad Twist S230u (Amazon) back from the shop today. Just about everything got fully refurbished. Otherwise, it's a little over two years old. List of things that just got replaced with brand new parts (pretty much everything): Software (fresh Windows 8.1 Pro) LCD Front bezel, back cover, LCD Touch Panel Palmrest assembly w/ touchpad Display cable Internal battery System board w/ CPU SSD I plan to sell this locally via Craigslist or something. MODEL:...
Definitely not shipping, just looking for a local deal.Thanks for the input!
Exploring some options as far as system building goes. If I feel like I can get enough for this, I might try to sell it whole. Really don't want to part it out. Computer is very well-maintained. Bought just about everything second-hand from OCN. Everything came in spectacular shape (I love this place). Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz (stock) CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 13 Limited Edition (92mm fan) RAM: 4 x 4gb (16gb total) 1600MHz DDR3 Mobo: MSI Z87...
Pretty small sample size
AnandTech Reviews Windows 10
From what I gather,Depends on how squeamish you are about data logging and stuff like that. Win10, from my understanding, has quite a bit of that going on. Check out my post here for more information and ways to disable most of it.Nothing happens to the key -- it's still a Window 8.1 key. When you upgrade to Win10 from 7/8/8.1, you don't actually get a new key. Instead, Win10 uses hardware activation after being upgraded from an activated Win7/8/8.1 OS. You will be...
"Things to remove/disable in windows 10""[GUIDE] How to disable data logging in W10."Those should help mitigate the spyware-ish stuff.
Relevant link: LinusTechTips on Windows 10 Pretty shallow review, but I imagine if he'd discovered other major issues he would have mentioned them.