Posts by HarrisLam

Thanks for the explanation.I understand what you said. HoweverIf the 570 was a high end chip "minus 1" and has a performance of 100 (with 580 being the true high end), and if the 970 can have a performance of 200 even though it is high end chip minus god knows how much.....then where is the card with the real high end chip that's supposed to have the performance of like 400 or something?I mean after all im with the ppl who say "performance is what matters", but I'm not...
I'm really really lost, can someone fill me in to what this guy is saying?No offense, I'm not a tech expert. I don't even know what GP104 and GP106 meansAll I really know is how to read performance charts.I bought a 570 5 years ago at around $330. Right now 970 is going for an average of $330 as well. I feel justified that an upgrade is due so I'm now hunting for a card because I feel like the progress that graphics card at the same price point is decent enough (970...
That's pretty much me (minus the yearly part, still holding onto my 570 on life support)the x70 model really does hit a sweet spot for me. I'm a graphic guy that can't afford to throw too much money into gaming, therefore I can't be getting the top tier card (the gap between the x70 and the next card is always huge), and I can't be upgrading often. I also only play RPGs among graphically demanding games. You know, dragon age, witcherX70 fits my situation perfectly. ...
Some things can't "go back"If you were once low cost and efficient, ppl gonna remember that, especially when shops and sites still have stock of that old card, informed customers will know what to pick (i'm assuming ppl that would hunt for high end cards to be more likely well informed than not)I really do think you have to beat the price : performance ratio of the equivalent, one way or another.
top tier users are pretty much used to $6xx top of line cards, but the 970 was so goldenly economical, Nvidia simply cannot release a new x70 product with a $500 price tag and expect users to just suck it up. Doesn't work like that. the 970 is only $300, at most $350 right now. For the 1070 to be $500, it has to be 50-60% more powerful / efficient than the 970 which is quite frankly impossible (cuz by the time of its release, the price of "old" 970 should further drop...
ok, i finish reading the patch notesMy very shallow dota knowledge told me that : [[SPOILER]]
I actually did not know about the update at the time I was making that reply.It was hard enough as it is.Give me a minute, I mean, a week, while I digest the patch guys.
new players? Hell, I'm having trouble figuring out what i should buy on my 2-skill carries.
pretty sure he was already referring to this.
I believe his name was Geralt.And....don't you know white guys have a huge market in the dating game in Japan? Geralt must have learned that in his adventure and decided to give it a shot