Posts by kweechy

Been looking at this one a lot lately. The specs are killer and the price isn't too bad either, but I keep reading bad news about the stylus/digitizer when it comes to using apps like ZBrush, Photoshop, Mudbox, Mari, etc.   Anyone here have the machine with their firmware update installed? Can't seem to find any decent, up to date info online.
I think having a 1P system for a workstation is a very poor design choice, especially when your offering is high end Xeons that are outrageously expensive.   This machine would be MUCH better off as either a 2P Xeon with 1 GPU, or simply as an i7 with 2 GPU.   Why would I want to spend likely $2,500 for a 12C Xeon when it's not that much faster than a $500 i7? The only reason to ever do that is when 2P is an option, and you can kit out an absolutely insane...
Not listening to a word these guys say anymore. I hope you all remember how they said Bulldozer would have a higher IPS than Thuban... How'd that pan out again? When it's released I'll read Anand and see how they did.
  True...but if nothing goes wrong, I also have a kick ass workstation to start using too.     Still haven't heard back from XSPC. I think I'll just buy a new one...   While I do that, I decided I'll also buy a couple 256GB Samsung 840's and RAID0 them for my main Windows install.   The guys at EK have shipped me a set of screws and new thermal padding to install the backplate onto my 680 while also using their block, which was pretty nice of them. Sucks about the...
No body even bashed them...just said that their motherboard team has some work to do when their products are compared against others. I'd HARDLY think my motherboard was defective if it performed 100% properly and just didn't overclock well.   Seriously, the only one doing any bashing here is you. Sorry if we're all being objective. The EVGA name will get me to look at a board, the reviews will get me to buy it.
People need to use their brains...it's incredible to me.   It's a $50 game. They don't make money by giving you several thousand dollars worth of computing power to simulate your city. In fact they wouldn't even make money by giving you $25 worth of computing considering they need to pay to make the entire game too out of your $50.   Seriously, if people just thought about this for one second...
Haha no no I was just kidding about the oven. I wouldn't do that without really knowing what I was doing. I imagine the GPU and VRAM wouldn't like being 450 degrees.I'll probably be tossing this card into my RIVE machine because the radiator in my dual 2687 decided to spring a leak. I'll know for sure if it's the board then, but after talking with other Asus Z9PE users it sounds like that's what's up.
Hmm, I put my card in the oven @ 450 for 15 minutes, but now it doesn't work at all anymore!   Seriously though from the sounds of it from other people, this motherboard is problematic at best with current gen cards and booting up is basically no better than a dice roll.   I don't think it was ever the block at all, or short circuiting, or weight stress, or anything really. I have more success on air, but air means PCI slot #1 since the block gets in the...
Good news, everyone!   The radiator is leaking! Guess it's time to contact XSPC...it isn't the tubing connecting to the radiator, it's the radiator itself that has sprung a leak.   This build has really been a joy.   Thankfully the TJ07 design places the radiator in the best possible spot for it to break, not a single drop of water on any components, and thanks to the case having legs, all the water just ended up on the floor after seeping through seams in...
I built my sig rig just to run SimCity without the cloud...might need more RAM still or some way to overclock the Xeons.