Posts by jagz

As you should. I'm thinking just a A8-7600 ($80) + a $50 motherboardA8 will be all the computing power + youtube and such power needed, probably can even go lighter on the processor.Keep the m4, it'll suffice. I used mine up until a few months ago.
I have begun overclocking my 6600k and I remain extremely impressed with the H7
I had this problem years ago, and it took an RMA of my then 6950 to no longer have this issue. At first it started out randomly, maybe once a week. Now it's 6 times a day, regardless of what I am doing at the time of the freeze. This issue is common across the PC world with no solutions. The fact of the matter is my EVGA 980 Classified simply does not play nice with the rest of my PC. I know it's GPU related because of my previous experience with the problem and I have...
My folding is nearly non-existent because of hard locking w/ looping sound at increasing intervals. It used to be here and there, now it's 6 times a day. Whether it's folding or playing Battlefront or Civilization, it'll do this randomly, ironically enough it has yet to do this when playing MW2 and I have 50 hours the past 2 weeks on it. Now, I've been troubleshooting for weeks. I had this problem years ago, and RMA'ing my MSI 6950 was the fix. I have just put my...
I'll give the new one a shot. Almost furmark.. haha, Folding@Home.Which I'm going to be shutting down for the hot days of the summer anyway, so mostly a moot point, thanks though! - wooo 4000th post
Bah. Card still throttles the clock down, I suppose at 70c. Man, I am so done with this card already.
I had my bios changed in the custom bios thread for my 980 Classified. Which I was told was also edited to have the card no longer drop clocks when hitting 70c. It still is. I see my PPD has been halved lately. I'm so done with this GPU, lol.
Yup, not worth it. You can build someone a solid computer, all software and hardware great, optimized, updated... aaaand they've somehow seriously messed things up a few weeks in.
Yes.
Nope, and going gpu-less for many days to a week to see if it freezes isn't very pliable for me. I remember looking up and down for solutions last time around, and the RMA solved it all. I'm once again looking and there's truly no realistic fix. It's just the randomness of the encounters makes it nearly impossible to trial and error. It's been 3 days since the last lock up at the moment. Matter of time.