Posts by wingclip

What kind of cooling system are you using? (I just realized that you're using air cooling). The crashing could be due to your thermal protection setting. If you have the thermal protection set for some temps in the 4.3GHz speed zone, you may be triggering a BSOD. I'm not familiar with the 4670K but if you're maxing at 70C @4.4/1.36v then you should definitely be able to go another 10C-13C IMO. Anyway, there are a few 'protection' settings that you may want to look at and...
I don't know much about the 5930K but I have a 4790K that I can clock to 4.9GHz so I would have to guess the 5930K would easily get to 46Ghz and even maybe 5GHz, (provided that you have an aggressive liquid cooling system). Fact is, how far you can clock that CPU is dependent on a number of important factors and one of which happens to be very important is the cooling system you're using. As far as what to change; if you're just looking for a bit of speed to apply to your...
I'll read how I can post the results of the OC I've done so far. You see, I had to send my MSI Z97 MPower MAX AC motherboard to MSI for an RMA, (I did a really stupid thing with a cable connection and I was lucky I didn't fry all the hardware). MSI takes weeks to turnaround a motherboard RMA so I bought a replacement board to use while I waited; Asrock Z97 OC Formula The Asrock mobo cost about $130. to $150 less and isn't at the level of the MSI MPower MAX but it has the...
Thanks KSMB! That helps to know! And yes, I have a 240 Radiator on the top of my 780T and a 140mm Radiator in the front. All of them are set up with a push/pull fan config. However, it's all on distilled water, (no DI or LN). What about that Switching Frequency question? Am I right in assuming that the faster I can get it to hold at the better? I just finished bumping my Uncore to 47, (is now at 48/47), and pushed the Input Voltage Switching Frequency up from the 750KHz...
I don't understand why the UnCore multipliers I see are so low... It seems to me that those processors running 42 and 43 Uncore ratios should be able to get at least to 44 or 45, no? Maybe I misunderstood the info I read about that Uncore ratio. I've been trying to get it to match the CPU's multiplier, (or at least, get as close to that as I could). I have the i7-4790K (Devil's Canyon), and my multiplier is 48 and the Uncore multiplier is 46. That is, for now... I am...
Oh, I see. Yes, I know that's a lot of phase power but it's very important and instrumental to keeping high OC speeds stable. The lowest I care to go is 8+2. I researched a lot of boards today so I may be wrong but I think that Asrock Z97 eXtreme6 was 12. However, I could be mixing it up with a Asus Sabbertooth Mark2, (or was it the Mar 1?...). Basically, any of the mobos I've seen for less than $200.00 don't really carry anything approaching the capabilities of that MSI...
Sorry, I don't know exactly what you're talking about but perhaps you should reread what I'm asking/looking for. Thanks anyway.
Hi folks, I have a MSI Z97 MPowerMax AC motherboard which has now required another RMA process for me to go through in less than 12 months. As I have many years’ experience in the manufacturing industry, I'm not really all that alarmed about it and I do like the MSI board model. However, because MSI takes at least 3 weeks to turn around an RMA, I wanted to buy another motherboard that was comparable in performance, features, and price to the one I have. A standard search...
Thanks, but as I said, I've already ordered the EVGA 1070. I thought the 980 Ti was stronger than the 1070 also, but in my hours of research, I surprised to find it continually fell short of the 1070 in the various reviews and assessments I came upon (but not by any significant amount).Of course, the results of one don't mean it's the same for all. Also, they were comparing about 15 cards (from the R 480 to the GTX 1080 span), using a number of popular video games.I prefer...
Well, due to a “purchase security check” error, Jet.com cancelled my order for the MSI 1070 this morning. I called and straightened the issue and because the order is cancelled, I had to reorder it. However, that worked out great because it was only after I ordered the MSI card yesterday, that I found out there were actually THREE 1070’s available, which included a dual bios chip (at roughly the same price)! I really preferred having that option even though some people...