Posts by wingclip

And that brings me back to "Doh"! LOL Yes, that's what I'll do if, and when, I remember how I did it the last time. There's a number of posts about how to change the permissions on line. But I think I initially read and followed one that didn't work because they didn't step it off right. So I started 'trying things' and with the help of a different post on the topic, I managed to change it. But that was months ago and I need to research it again because I don't remember...
Yes, that's true but no, I don't have UAC active. This is likely to be something that has to do with the old 500GB HDD I had in the machine 3 or 4 months ago. Back then, I had the SSD for the O/S, Adobe. MS Office, and a few other things, and a 500 GB HDD handled the rest of the media. Then I replaced that HDD by cloning it to a new 1TB HDD I had installed. The process worked fine, (once I knew what the 'freeware cloner tool' was trying to tell me... No instructions and...
Thanks, I'll give it a try! I don't know if it can get around that "permission" thing I mentioned but if not, I'll just run the repair disk and see if that irons out the problem. Rich
Thanks Darius510; (NOTE: The computer that this topic is about IS NOT the one I have listed in my signature) I should have known that... I was tired when I was writing that post and didn't snap to the fact that I was talking about one thing, but thinking of another. That said, yes, you're right and in fact, most people would have a NTFS drive. As for the jointlink, I tried using mklink with an elevated command prompt. It worked for some folders but when I tried to move...
I know this is an old post but I'll take a shot and see if I get lucky:I'm trying to decide between Steam and JLM. So I'll give and exact example of what I want to do; I have a program installed on my O/S drive, (an SSD), and I want to move it to any one of my two media HDDs. The program wouldn't let me install it where I wanted it and it doesn't need to be on that SSD.The program is EZDOC. Can I use JLM or Steam to move it from the SSD to an HDD? I've read that JLM, (and...
Thanks, If I understand your rig listing correctly, it appears you're running two cards and I think that a lot of people using crossfire and sli were having some good luck with the 13.10 version that way. I need to try harder to find some info posted by people who used the 13.11 version. There's got to be something on it out there, I'm just not using the right keywords.Thanks,Rich
Hi folks, I have the MSI R7850PE and at the moment, I've been running the ATI CCC 13.5, (I think it's the Beta but it just says "13.5" in the information field). As you can see below, I have an Intel based system, (in case that's relevent). I have no idea why, but when I tried to update to the 13.6 Beta back when it came out, I just couldn't get the graphics to work! I'm not new to this stuff and I actually tried 3 times using the most tedious and meticulous removal steps...
I have a i7 2600K and I guess he's right about that being a mobo thing because I run stable at 5.GHz and 1.505v. My temps never get above 73-75C at maximum loads, (maintained when I'm flying low & fast over High Resolution, add-on scenery in FSX). But I run all my regular, 'everyday stuff' at 4.2Ghz and 1.38v. So I have to guess there's something about the Pro 3 that's causing that or maybe the settings within the UEFI, (if they're conflicting with other settings or if...
Frankly, I never could understand if they were in reference to CPU cache memory or some form of 'sleep-state'. Anyway, I use the CPU voltage Offset mode instead of the CPU voltage 'Fixed' mode. According to this guide, the C3 and C6 settings may cause a BSOD if enabled when using the Offset mode so I disabled them.I only have the Enhanced C1E Halt State enabled. I don't know if that really makes any difference though. BTW, I disabled the Intel Virtual Tech and Smart...
I'm just replying to this for those who think that a PS/2 would help or even work. As I had said in an earlier post, I did try the PS/2 keyboard port and it did not work. Ergo; it would be a waste of time and effort, (as well as what ever money was spent). But clearing the CMOS did work as I thought it would. However, I was afraid it would clear all my saved UEFI profiles and that's why I didn't do that right away. So in the end, (for those who run into this situation),...