Posts by wingclip

Oh, I see. Yes, I know that's a lot of phase power but it's very important and instrumental to keeping high OC speeds stable. The lowest I care to go is 8+2. I researched a lot of boards today so I may be wrong but I think that Asrock Z97 eXtreme6 was 12. However, I could be mixing it up with a Asus Sabbertooth Mark2, (or was it the Mar 1?...). Basically, any of the mobos I've seen for less than $200.00 don't really carry anything approaching the capabilities of that MSI...
Sorry, I don't know exactly what you're talking about but perhaps you should reread what I'm asking/looking for. Thanks anyway.
Hi folks, I have a MSI Z97 MPowerMax AC motherboard which has now required another RMA process for me to go through in less than 12 months. As I have many years’ experience in the manufacturing industry, I'm not really all that alarmed about it and I do like the MSI board model. However, because MSI takes at least 3 weeks to turn around an RMA, I wanted to buy another motherboard that was comparable in performance, features, and price to the one I have. A standard search...
Thanks, but as I said, I've already ordered the EVGA 1070. I thought the 980 Ti was stronger than the 1070 also, but in my hours of research, I surprised to find it continually fell short of the 1070 in the various reviews and assessments I came upon (but not by any significant amount).Of course, the results of one don't mean it's the same for all. Also, they were comparing about 15 cards (from the R 480 to the GTX 1080 span), using a number of popular video games.I prefer...
Well, due to a “purchase security check” error, Jet.com cancelled my order for the MSI 1070 this morning. I called and straightened the issue and because the order is cancelled, I had to reorder it. However, that worked out great because it was only after I ordered the MSI card yesterday, that I found out there were actually THREE 1070’s available, which included a dual bios chip (at roughly the same price)! I really preferred having that option even though some people...
Yes, I'll likely OC the card to at least the speed that the factory overclocked versions are running at. From what I read, they don't have much headroom beyond that so I'll probably stay at those speeds once I hit them. Thank you, Rich
Yes, after spending WAY too much time on this, everything I've read and everyone I spoke with agree that the 1070 is worth the extra money. I was able to get a new one from $343.00 USD TT&L, (free shipping too). I bought an MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Armor. It doesn't have a back plate and only one 8-pin connector but no matter how hard I tried, I could find anyone who said the Armor couldn't hit the same speeds when OC'd as the Gaming X or Z can get to. For that reason and...
Hi Folks, I’m in the market for a new graphics card and plan to place an order for one before the day is over. At present, I have an MSI R HD7970BE, which has 3 GB memory, a Bus Width of 384, a default Boost/Base Core clock of 1050MHz and 5500MHz (1375 x 4) memory clock speed. I’m not a “gamer” per se, but I am an avid Flight Sim hobbyist. Over the years, I’ve accumulated several thousand dollars of 3rd party add-on software for my Flight Sim platform; FSX. FSX hits the...
I know this is an old thread, but for what it's worth; I found that the Ring voltage would seem to run at about .100v less than the Core voltage, (+/- .015v). I spent more time than it was worth, messing with the Ring voltage and multiplier and set it back to Auto when I finally stopped fooling with it. That setting seemed to be best because I was able to get the CPU frequency to 4.9Ghz when I finally let the mobo decide what to do with the Ring. As much as I read about...
Hi folks, I'm installing the MSI Z97 MPower Max AC motherboard and I need to decide whether or not to mount the WiFi/Bluetooth module before I go any farther because if I don't install it now, I'll have to remove the board to install it later. However, I'm not 100% sure I want it running and I certainly don't want it running when I boot up for the first time. I have my own wireless network adapter that I was planning to use in the intial stages of this system. I may try,...