Posts by wingclip

Hi folks, I'm installing the MSI Z97 MPower Max AC motherboard and I need to decide whether or not to mount the WiFi/Bluetooth module before I go any farther because if I don't install it now, I'll have to remove the board to install it later. However, I'm not 100% sure I want it running and I certainly don't want it running when I boot up for the first time. I have my own wireless network adapter that I was planning to use in the intial stages of this system. I may try,...
LOL, thanks and to be frank, I'm not impressed with the thing at all. However, I'll be spending enough on a Z97 chipset mobo and CPU as it is, (Z170 is out of the question right now).RichBTW, I quite aware of the incompatibility of the 1155 and any other 11xx but thanks anyway
LOL! Well that tears it.. I'm off to buy the upgrades... Thanks PS RE my PM: let me know if there is a way
THANKS! That's disappointing though.... I'll have to start moving backwards, (like the Z87), because I ran searches for 1155 sockets about 2.5 weeks ago looking for boards that were new and had high perf specs. I can't remember exactly what came of it, but I seem to recall that there were new 1155 boards out there however, they were not very high performers. I'll have to go back to the drawing board but it's beginning to look pretty bad. I'm dealing with a time issue so...
OK, can you elaborate? At the moment, I don't have very many posts that say the opposite which is why I'm still checking. However, the reply to the same question "can Sandybridge cpu work on a Ivybridge mobo?" said it could providing the Bios was 0303 or later. Frankly, I don't really understand that reply but that's all it said. Here: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2924843/ivybridge-mobo-work-sandybridge-cpu.html Thanks, Rich
Hi Folks, I have an Intel i7-2600K 3rd gen, and need a mobo with a LGA 1155 socket. I have been running it on an Asrock eXtreme4 mobo with a Z77 chipset but without going too deep into it, I need to replace that board. I've built and/or upgraded systems with Asus, Asrock, HP, and Dell mobos over the last 5 or 6 years and I like the ASUS UEFI. I found out that the i7-2600K sandybridge would actually work in a Z97 chipset board. They say I would get full functionality of...
Hey Folks, I'm a flight-sim, (FSX), hobbyist and over the years, have invested thousands in high-resolution scenery, aircraft, mesh, etc., etc. The system runs great at max 4096 texture resolutions. However, when I fly over some of the high-resolution add-on airstrips with a high-end/high-resolution aircraft, it doesn't take long before I begin getting the Windows warning tones that I'm about to run out of usable memory; OOM. I pause the flight and minimize it to the...
Each time I tried that, the system would freeze and I'd have to re-boot. A while back I borked the "Position 1" Bios flash so I slipped it back to Position 2. It's not like I have an emergency but I would feel a lot better with Pos. 1 back up and working. I have an intel i7 2600K, z77 Asrock xtreme 4, and a Windows 7 64bit O/S. I can boot to the "on-board" graphics if need be, maybe there's a way to flash the 7970 Pos. 1 bios from there? Thanks, Rich PS; the freeze up...
I updated to 14.9 WHQL and can say that everything is running smoothly although, I didn't try to run any WMV videos. The videos that I have ran were some other file format that I can't remember at the moment. I had update to 14.9 WHQL only after first running the AMD CCC removal program that I downloaded from Guru 3D. It's called "DDU" which stands for "Display Driver Uninstaller" and the latest version is 13.4.0.0. This is it:...
I wound up installing the 14.9.1 Beta into my Intel based desktop first instead of my AMD based computer; (I have NO IDEA why I did that!). Somehow, I wound up with CCC version 14.6!? I had removed CCC with CCleaner's ‘Uninstall’ option which was about the only thing I did different from any past CCC updates. Typically, I use the Windows 7 uninstall procedure. I removed the 14.7 RC3Beta and then I ran that "amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0" afterwards and of course, the usual...