Posts by kevinf metal switches dissipate heat well, i have the 8port and 16port models of Netgear Prosafe, they are very reliable and fast. (i assume you have Prime ?) Here in north america, if you have a student email, you can sign up for free / discounted prime membership.
I tried to buy in at 2.5 yesterday, just missed the mark, now its 3.6 Highest single day gains in 40 years! The stock is literally a vertical line if you look at 1yr history.
you youngins have it easy... back in the day, IDE cables didn't even have polarity protection. Now new OC motherboards having a power button right on the motherboard is a "deluxe" feature, that is becoming more common.
Your in the UK, so im not sure what the best online stores are that ship there?? Whats your favourite? here we use ncix, amazon, newegg, canada computers, tigerdirect....
it was confirming a joint venture with a chinese company, worth 300Million.
Thank you for the chance, Moda V2 w/ Browns. (nobody wants reds, hmmm) Our office keyboards are crappy Microsoft. Jarring compared to the CM i have at home.
a 100Mbit switch will transfer videos around 10MB/s, a gigabit (1000Mbit) switch will transfer around 100MB/s What is your budget for a new switch? Are both PC's Gigabit or 100Mbit network interfaces ?
Once we get a stable network connection we can work on the file sharing aspects.Yes, you can easily mount a Windows share as a Drive letter to show up in "My Computer"With appropriate local user authentication, you can prevent others on your LAN from accessing your files.Your choice really comes down to what hardware you want to invest in.Choices:- buy a wireless router, which will connect between your wall and your main PC.-- file transfer performance depends on how...
That explains it perfectly. Thank you. Wired PC ( with subnet mask ( aka /25), can communicate locally between and It is also connected to a gateway router #1 ( which allows it to communicate to the "Internet". Wifi PC ( with subnet mask ( aka /23), can communicate locally between and It is also connected to a gateway router...
I applaud your level headedness, and appreciate the time you (and others) have taken to contribute to this thread. I (and I hope others) can read this thread and take value from the IT experience given by you (and others).I have manual backups for a family member with 2 HDDs in their PC, I am doing the unmounted drive trick for them, its not perfect, but its better then nothing.