Posts by kevinf

First off, THANKS! The computer I would put it in is this: http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/3408561 Back in the day, it was a formidable opponent, now its in need of an upgraded GPU. Favorite colour is Blue, and I would gladly pay for shipping
My buddy got an interview at IBM or HP.... he noticed they only used PS2 mice/keyboards.... and ZERO usb ports on their office machines. Problem solved.
Even worse, don't need write protection when you can create your own USB microcontrollers.Random knockoff company "SupaStorageX" usb keys on Ebay, for instance, could be using a microcontroller made by the bad guys.
I have the PA248Q and it impresses me with all its features, I can't imagine how awesome this monitor will be. +1 to bucket list
I asked them about that, but they wouldn't tell me details
Actually the big business is in the Embedded market (which I specialize in)... Desktop performance has plateaued, as the PC industry is slowing down, things are "fast enough" for MOST people. That being said, the new core design http://www.extremetech.com/computing/182790-amds-next-big-gamble-arm-and-x86-cores-working-side-by-side-on-the-same-chip in 2016 is really awesome.Kaveri is already performant all-in-one for laptops, and the next gen is going to be HUGE.
AMD has changed internally. They have shifted their focus... Bulldozer may have been the Windows ME, but that just means Windows XP is up next.
After having a meeting with some AMD directors, I can confirm the next two years are going to be very exciting!!! I can't release details (NDA)... but their key business partnerships (arm, samsung, global foundries) are going to really innovate the CPU/APU/GPU industry.
Dude! thats definitely the inspiration for the movie and game "Cradle" level. SWEET!
I like how they added the two additional fans, as the BRIX PRO (4770R) suffers VERY hot motherboard (burns to the touch), so the minipcie / msata easily reach 70C+.Thanks for update!