Posts by El_Capitan

Patriot Torch 120GB SSD $50.99 with free shipping at Amazon. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Torch-120GB-height-Solid/dp/B00OTY083M/ While there are no actual hardware reviews, it features a Phison PS3110 controller, which is also used on the Corsair Neutron XT SSD, which is a high-end enthusiast SSD. So that's good. It also features 16 nm synchronous MLC NAND. While synchronous vs. toggle has its advantages/disadvantages, the latest TOSHIBA A19 nm MLC NAND is...
Look, in the end, if you're a power user and using the USB flash drives to copy files over to it and copy the files back some place else, the PNY Turbo 128GB is definitely fine. If you're an average user of USB flash drives, you wouldn't mind waiting the extra seconds to minutes copying files over to the PNY Turbo 128GB flash drive compared to the SanDisk Extreme 64GB. However, if you're wanting to host something like a Windows 8 To Go drive or something similar, the...
I have multiple SanDisk Extreme USB's and PNY Turbo's (128GB and 256GB). The SanDisk's are limited by capacity, but can do anything the PNY Turbo's do, and faster. The same cannot be said for the PNY Turbo trying to do everything the SanDisk Extreme can do. However, as a pure storage drive, the PNY Turbo fills it's purpose for the price and capacity.
Lol, ok.
Wow, an impressive review based on opinion. The PNY 128GB Turbo isn't even faster then the previous SDCZ80 64GB model. Step on up for a game of benchmarks.PNY 128GB Turbo:SanDisk Extreme 64GB:The only reason to get the PNY Turbo USB is for the cost per GB for transferring multiple large files, like movies, backup images, etc. It's not going to be fast enough for much else (like hosting a OS).I use the SanDisk Extreme USB's mainly for various OS's (Windows 8 To Go, various...
A deal today at Walmart has the SanDisk Extreme 3.0 USB 64GB CZ80 for $29.99. Tax and shipping is additional, but if you buy something for over $50, shipping is free. http://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-64GB-Extreme-USB-3.0-Flash-Drive/22237711 Side note: I asked Amazon for a price match via chat, but they wouldn't do it. However, they gave me a $5 promotional credit instead when I told them I would just price match at Best Buy.
Damn European keyboard layout.
Looks like a good mid-tier controller. Doesn't matter that it's MLC vs TLC, as long as it's reliable. Still a relative unknown with no official reviews out for the SSD itself. Hard to punch for this SSD with a 1TB Samsung 840 EVO at $335 (from Black Friday specials). On a side note, I personally stay away from Indlinix controller SSD's (only SSD's out of hundreds that have failed on me). Anyone that gets this should write up a review here.
I've been looking for a HDTV replacement since my 42" 60Hz has been having warm-up issues for the last year. I'm not going to go 4K just yet, when 4K content isn't mainstream, so was just looking for the best 1080P 120Hz LED TV out there (no 3D needed). I have my own HTPC for viewing any online content, and my own 5.1 custom Home Theater sound system, so I'm just looking for the best picture quality, and at least 60". Viewing angle isn't important. So, if this is also what...
Directron is reputable, I've bought a couple things from them in the past.Per usual, GTX 980's will be sold used for $250 by this time next year, lol.