Posts by El_Capitan

Buy more Crucial SSD's?
Hell yeah. However, what's on sale is the Extreme Pro, not the Extreme Pro 2. Even then, I would still recommend the Extreme Pro over the Samsung EVO 850.
Eh, Newegg "Super" sales have been disappointing as of late.
It's a decent amp, especially for the price. Some noise at 80%, but most amps do that. It can drive my DT990 600Ohm with boost, so it's not bad at all. I mainly use a Grace M920, but the Objective 2 is paired with either Xonar Essence STX's or Titanium HD's with LME49720NA op-amps. The next jump is an amp and DAC into the hundreds or thousands, but with some used parts and easy upgrades, you're in easy audiophile territory.
Ultra II is their first TLC NAND SSD, with a Marvell 88SS9189 controller (only for the 480GB and 960GB versions). There really aren't any reviews looking into the SSD Plus, but most likely still MLC NAND with another Marvell controller.
The BX is the budget line of SSD's from Crucial. It's performance is better than the MX100, but doesn't come with hardware encryption support that the MX line does. It has no SLC cache, but neither does the M4 or MX100, so if you're looking for a good budget SSD drive, it's not a bad deal.
Just note you won't know what you're getting internally. They've been known to switch up controllers and NAND without updating the package description. http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6868/silicon-power-s60-240gb-ssd-review/index.html
Lol, $500 for a case? What a deal!
I never get to see what the prices are going to be until the time of the Shell Shocker deal. I wish they'd fix that.
Maybe, depending on what you're using for other parts of your system, and whether you're sticking with stock voltage overclocks. If you're going to increase your voltages for higher overclocks, to be on the safe side, I'd go with the 1000W version of the G2.