Posts by cloppy007

I had my 5820k rotated 90º but it complicates bleeding and filling way too much. I can't tell the difference temperature-wise.
Diving has tough me that sea water will eventually screw everything, be it a wreck or your own equipment. Just saying.
If sea water will be in contact with metal, it's not going to last very long.
For a mITX it might be a bit too much, but then again, I'd ask myself if I really need such huge cooling for an mITX build.Regarding the GPU, you're just right, aftermarket or vendor-custom heatsinks can't compete even with a 120mm AIO (IIRC). I don't know if it's because of the fans, cooling area, or what. I do recall that the TR Shaman was a beast, but that was many years ago.
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6803/nzxt-kraken-x61-280mm-aio-cpu-cooler-review/index8.html For GPUs I can understand that you want an AIO, but for a CPU, I'd get a D15 or an Archon derivative. The X61 is not quiet by any means and to perform well, it makes a lot of noise. If you want to replace the fans, as far as I know there are no golden 140mm fans like the Gentle Typhoons, although some people use a 120->140 adaptor, like @toolmaker03
Martin says that it depends on the rad. And it seems to help only in pull, which is usually worse than push...What do you want to achieve: better cooling performance? lower noise?Edit: removed a reply I wrote hours ago
Seems... massive. I guess that MCW5000 is no longer in use, is it?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge And would you advise rotating the CPU block?
Thanks for the reply. Right , in port is the top one. I use this orientation because it is supposed to be better for these CPUs, although it's not radically better.If I rotate it 180º, I guess the bubble should go away, however some water will remain in the lower part of the block while draining and also in a section of the inlet tubing.Is this setup awkward? Filling it feels so weird...
I'd rule out thermal improvement. I'm simply using xspc neoprene gaskets. If you're going to mount the rad to the case via fans, just do radiator | Fan | Shroud | Case What's your AIO? Phobya 7mm shrouds are not very friendly because you'll need different screws. And in my location, 6-32 UNC screws are very hard to source (what my rad used back then). Sorry but I have to go now, I'll come back tomorrow if you are still undecided.