Posts by cloppy007

I don't have a straight answer for you, sorry. Here's my experience (since circa 1997)Things that usually last:· Hardware that you pay a heavy price but is not first gen.· Simple hardware with good components.Things that usually break too early:· Revision A/first gen of something.· Too complex hardware with lots of components.For instance, when dvd writers came out, most of them were expensive, but lasted a lot. The ones that I bought after a sony one were crap (note that...
That rubber absorbs vibrations that the rad will amplify. To prevent that in GT I use rubber/silicon o-rings between the screw header and the rad, and then a neoprene gasket between the fan and the rad. With a good integrated rubber mount in the fan, I wouldn't have to.
I agree. And an integrated rubber dampener like the CM JetFlo would be really really sweet.
Use speedfan. You can't do that from the UEFI setup as far as I know.
And now for a pwm version
X Rebirth Thanks!
OpenHardwareMonitor can plot a graph with the cpu frequency, you can use that to detect throttling.Are you overclocking?I got rid of a 3570 because of absurdly high temps even under a custom loop (with stock temps and cooler it went past 100ºC). In my case I suspected that the IHS-die contact was really poor.
Hi, What's exactly this? Linpack? Other algorithm? Single thread only?
I used one (still have it). Performance is awesome, specially hydraulically (a separate 35x + rad + res will add resistance). However, be sure to control the PWM signal as the pump can get quite noisy (it's a DDC pump) that's attached to a rad, and I think that augments the noise.Besides that, performance is great and they're really handy. You'll save time installing things and also money (fittings, reservoir, tubing...).
Good luck