Posts by OCScrub

No dice
Tried the DP cable and It was even worse. Only resolution available was 640x480 (was also listed as a VGA connection). Tried the cable in multiple ports and restarted the computer/ reseated the cable several times. Even tried deleting the driver software and reinstalling. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the monitor drivers, and using the default PnP drivers.
Indeed, this adapter is only passive. I was thinking the adapter could be the culprit, but it seemed crazy they would supply one and not mention that I would not allow high resolution. I will order a DP cable and report the outcome. Unfortunately, It will take ~2-3 days for me to find out.
Installed the monitor files so device manager recognizes it instead of using generic pnp drivers. Still no dice.
I recently received a workstation system with a Firepro W5100 card connected to an Acer G257HU monitor. This monitor supports 2560x1440 resolution, however in both windows and CCC menus the maximum resolution that is selectable is only 1920x1080. The card has 4 DP outputs. I tried changing the cable from port 4 to port 1 but it made no difference. The monitor is connected from the card by a DP->DVI adapter which is connected to a DL-DVI cord, which is plugged into the...
After loosing the timings and frequency, there has been no issues for several days. I just replaced the memory with another brand and increased the frequency back to ~1396 mhz and tightened the timings back to where they were previously, and have still not had a problem. It seems like it was just faulty RAM afterall.
Starting to suspect faulty RAM. Have gotten a few 1A (memory management), page fault, and ntfs.sys BSOD codes since my last post. Memtest86+ detected several errors with less than 50% completion of a single pass. I turned the voltage up from 1.5 V to 1.56 V (rated at 1.5 V 1600 mhz; running only at 1396 mhz) This allowed a full pass without error. Still got several BSOD and crashes so I reduced the speed to ~1050 mhz and relaxed timings from 9-9-9-24 to...
I ran both chkdsk and sfc from the Win7 installation disk, identical results to running in safe mode and normal boot.
I have recently encountered some stability issues after trying to install the following Windows updates: Win 7 pro 64-bit KB3057839 (Security update) KB3068708 (Windows update) KB2310138 (MSE definition update) Installation of these updates resulted in several different BSOD errors and boot issues. During this time I ran the system file checker (sfc), which found violations that it was unable to repair. I also attempted to run chkdsk, which was unable to finish...
X5660 / 3.999 ghz