Posts by .theMetal

Just to update, I ended up buying the MSI 1070 Gaming X card. I honestly was scared away from the EVGA with the issues they've been having, I didn't feel like dealing with it all. The MSI dropped down to 394.00 USD on amazon, then after I send in the rebate 374.00. That and I saved up a bit more, I pretty much closed the gap. 374.00 was a great price for what I wanted, and my wife's 560ti is getting louder and louder and the fan is getting worse. It was time to get...
Oh yea, she is going to be picked a lot, that's not really the problem. It's more like when she is picked by half the team or more ha. But I guess that shouldn't be as big of a deal now that quick play will limit one char per team.
You may have an old operating system lying around. Windows will keep them in case you need to revert. Check this out: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-delete-the-windows-old-folder-from-windows-10/ Also, similar to TreeSize, I use WinDirStat to see what is using space on my machines.
I'm more excited about the 1v1, 3v3, and the always random modes. Sombra will be really awesome in a few weeks after use of her has calmed down a bit.
Just lurking around on the thread, finally talking. Are you looking to get food automatically? I did one in our survival server that was basically a small wheat field, with a trapped villager. You just build a cart system underneath with auto chest filler at the end and a chest cart so it moves under the farm and can pull the wheat down through. Then you plant the wheat and fill the farmer's inventory with wheat and seeds, then he will not be able to pick up more...
Right, no fans up top, it's kinda restrictive as an exhaust up there, in fact I took out the radiator hanger. I have considered putting a fan on the back, but I'm going for positive case pressure to keep the dust out and just straight front to back airflow. I do plan on eventually cutting the cage out or something for more clearance for the gpu, but that's in the future. I may still try the fan on the back some day, but it's running really good right now.
Part of the reason I moved out of the node, it all fits in there but the temps would get a bit high.The temps are fairly good in the Phanteks out of the box, but ended doing a few things to help it out. I picked up two Phantek 140sp's to replace the 200mm fan, it doesn't move a lot of air. I also spaced out the front cover with motherboard standoffs to allow more air through. Now my temps are really good, my ivy i5 at 4.4 struggle to go above 60 degrees during stress...
Exactly this.ITX form factor works fine with big heatsinks, just be sure to check out compatibility first, I've ran the combo in a few different cases:The Node 304And the Evolve ITX:It just makes the motherboard completely disappear
So here are my two cents, if you want them: You will probably get the best value out of Skyrim. I've put a few hundred hours into that game. But only if you like the Bethesda games. Rage is ok. It has some decent graphics and gameplay, but the story falls pretty flat on it's face. Homefront is good, I have enjoyed it for the most part, others will disagree and say it's repetitive (in a sense it is, similar to other open world do these missions type of games). I...
Two reasons. One is space, a lot of ITX cases will not fit a massive air cooler. Two is because when you are dealing with such a small space, you can use an AIO to exhaust a lot of the heat directly out of the case, instead of it potentially building up inside. There are some fairly small cases that can fit a big heatsink.