Posts by Scars Unseen

Unripened oranges, bruised bannanas, possibly even smashed grapes. The whole fruit basket is looking a bit risky right now.This reminds me that I still need to upgrade from my Cowon D2+. Not to an iPod though...
Man, that is the most uncertain article title I've ever seen. NASA alludes to claim of possible evidence of life on Mars. You think they might have some doubts?
Do not underestimate the lemmings, for they are many, and they have a mighty leap.
This is why you never dig straight down.
Nope.
Age of Conan had grass physics(though of a lesser quality since it came out 6 years ago). Crysis 3 had grass physics of about the same quality as the trailer(and that game played on the PS3 and XBox 360, which are less powerful than the Wii U). There's an impressive looking grass mod for Skyrim, and due its cartoonish graphics, the new Zelda game won't need as high a polygon count as Skyrim.Clearly it can be done. And as has been pointed out, Nintendo hasn't ever pulled...
Your example doesn't work though. It's like expecting a Final Fantasy VII remake after the PS3 tech demo, despite no such remake being announced. Fans speculated that the footage was from an upcoming Zelda game, but Nintendo didn't announce Windwaker's development until a year later, and they showed the cel-shaded art style at the same time as the announcement. There was no smoke and mirrors, save for your attempt to claim fault where none exists.I mean, Nintendo has...
Please list the RP elements that weren't in LoZ.And no innovation? Ocarina of Time was one of the only early 3D action games that really nailed the controls and still stand up to modern scrutiny. What games before OoT had decent horsemanship? And can you really count moving from open fields of hyrule to Link of the High Seas as same old? How about changing into a wolf? What about Skyward Sword(like I said before, the choice to go with motion controls is questionable,...
When you say RP elements, are you talking about an XP system? Because that was in one game 27 years ago. Otherwise, there aren't any RP elements in any of the Zelda games that weren't in the first one.As for graphics taking over gameplay... you're really going to argue that with Zelda of all titles? I'm curious as to where exactly you think that happened, because I haven't seen anything other than steady improvements over the years(with the possibly questionable choice...
I think it's an issue of a different mindset. You see, multiplayer doesn't have much of a draw for me, so I find it boggling that people would spend money every year for practically the same game, with slightly improved graphics(if even that) and tweaked(i.e. screwed up) mechanics and then get gouged again for map packs that developers used to release for free. It doesn't help that practically every shooter out there uses the same basic mechanics with mostly identical...