Posts by Usario

SLI isn't 30% scaling either; 1080 SLI performs much better and is a much better value proposition. Additionally, I doubt many games (other than brand new releases) that don't support SLI wouldn't be maxed out with one. Of course the Titan X has the advantage of being the fastest single card on the market and that's why NVIDIA is able to charge this price, but that doesn't mean that the price isn't horrible, even if it's the only option available for those who fit in the...
Your own image has 1TB/s HBM2 using less power than GDDR5 at what looks to be something like a quarter of that bandwidth. I agree that it probably wouldn't benefit GP102 much if at all, but barely any better than GDDR5X? Really?
Yes, two cards that are somewhat fairly priced cost more together than one card that is massively overpriced... what kind of argument are you even trying to make here? Do you like paying $1200 for a graphics card? If nobody had bought any of these ridiculous cards in the first place GP102 might have debuted as the $700 GTX 1080, or at the very worst at the same $1k price point as the original Titans.The problem isn't the money, the problem is what you're getting for the...
Anyone who wastes $1200 on one of these cards is actively contributing to this awful pricing situation and ought to be dissatisfied with themselves. NVIDIA tested the waters by launching the Titan at $1000 and these people actually bought more than they could have anticipated. They got screwed when the 780 came out a couple months later and got screwed again when NVIDIA dropped the ball on drivers and made it so that their Titan is now no faster than the 7970 that they...
I know for sure that I'll be fully switching to Linux when Win7 becomes obsolete...
LOL. We saw what happened with their neglect towards Kepler, and now the 780 is overall in the same league as the 7970 and the 780 Ti gets ruined by any 290X. And NVIDIA is going to drop Maxwell now, before GP102 is even out? I guess that's what happens when you don't have competition at the high end...
This... now this is promising, if real.Strongly disagree. They have to make a strong showing in order to keep themselves afloat, and you don't do that by prioritizing backwards compatibility with old junk. AMD hasn't released a new higher-end chip in four years and their platform has been basically the same thing since 790FX. It's about time they leave the past.
Like pretty much every other revolutionary cancer treatment we've been hearing about in the past decade, this one too will probably end up disappearing completely. Thanks big pharma
Oh I see, my bad.Remember back when a new generation of cards meant an entire new product stack, top-to-bottom? I guess these segments aren't profitable enough to warrant much R&D anymore due to the prevalence of ever-more-powerful IGPs.
Do we know what architecture these cards are based off of?