Posts by Usario

I don't think it's much at all to read up on but whatever. And you are right that the benefits of bclk overclocking have decreased significantly with PD; some chips/boards don't like even going past 205.With an FX? CPU/NB overclocking used to be essential in the PhII days but I recall it not having anywhere near the same importance with AM3+ due to the improved IMC.Theoretically it helps with latency and bandwidth from anything PCI-E, since PCI-E is connected to the NB...
As long as your temps are in line there should be no problem with raising voltage... remember that AMD sells FX-9000 series chips that often do over 1.5v out of the box... the old rule (which, IIRC, was derived from AMD spec sheets) used to be that as long as you're under 1.55v you're good. The only reason to be uncomfortable with a certain voltage unless you're going subzero is if it causes the temperatures to be too high for your liking.This can actually be pretty...
Piledriver can take 1.58v with no problems whatsoever as long as it's cooled well... I've seen people go up to 1.63v for 24/7 use and over 1.7v for suicide runs on good water with no issues. My chip is over 2 years old and no noticeable degradation (though I have had it running on lower voltages for quite some time -- around 1.48v before I got my water loop set up, and around 1.53v in July because the ambient temps disallowed me from staying at 1.58). Even on a more...
First off: you shouldn't be leaving anything on default, unless it's something that doesn't matter at all like SB voltage or something, as "default" often isn't the actual default value, but rather whatever the motherboard feels like setting it to. Set things manually, even if you leave them at the actual default setting. If you want to keep your bus at 215MHz that's fine; mine is at that same speed and often times you can get a higher overclock by a mixed bus/multi OC....
This means one of two things. 1) TSMC has gotten even worse 2) AMD desires bankruptcy After what happened with their 32nm process I'm hesitant to trust GloFo to deliver on pretty much anything.
blargh
Looks like that crazy old Lian Li case from back in the day
Are moar cores the new GHz myth?
I used to think like this until I got my Asus Taichi. Compared to my old MBP trackpad I can barely tell any difference. The MBP is a bit glossier and smoother (for better or worse) but imploded on itself after two years and now cannot physically click. The only thing that bothers me is how fast Windows zooms in and out.
You're right that metro is worse by several orders of magnitude for sure