Posts by Usario

A return to the -XT suffixes would be great. Unfortunately it looks like we're only going to see a 295X, if the rest of their naming scheme is any indication.I don't see AMD dropping prices on their cards when they already provide such competitive price/performance. Especially the 290. If anything the 290X might go down to $500 to compete directly with the GTX 780 while the 295X replaces it at $550.
Then why do majors like CS and EE usually see a much higher dropout/major change rate for women than men?And why the hell does nobody care that there are virtually no men in most English and art classes?
This type of stuff is ridiculous. You hire people who are qualified for the job. Gender does not matter in this. It just so happens that CS/EE/whatever are male-dominated fields, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. All this type of stuff does is get women who aren't qualified into positions where they can wreck the company due to incompetence, all because they're women and there need to be more women in the field for some inexplicable reason. On top of that...
If you care about heat in your room and not just your PC, though, water cooling increases your room temperature by more effectively dissipating the heat.Not that there's anything wrong with that. I myself prefer an ambient of around 90F.
S-so the guys claiming 48CU Hawaii XTX actually were right?
God DAMN. I thought this would be something boring and uneventful, but never did I expect that it was literally a product that already existed in a new box.
Waiting for some fool like Anita Sarkeesian to make a video whining about it
I disagree. The L3 is pretty much worthless. Even if it does provide a very small benefit you could get a much greater benefit by removing it and replacing it with, oh, I don't know, another entire module. Or just cut it out, which would reduce the die size and therefore cost, heat, and power consumption, which would also theoretically improve clock speed potential ever-so-slightly. And I'm sure another 100-200MHz is enough to completely negate whatever boost the L3 might...
5.4GHz with an H100
I honestly don't think FC3 is a good idea for a child as young as 7. Too much violence and sex that the vast majority of children at that age really have no true comprehension of. I'd say wait two or three years. Though you do know your daughter better than anyone else, and I'm not at all convinced that violent or lewd video games actually do any real psychological harm... Just take this into consideration.