Posts by benpack101

This is the output I get when I run sudo parted /dev/sdx print Code:Warning: Unable to open /dev/sdc read-write (Read-only file system). /dev/sdchas been opened read-only.Warning: Unable to open /dev/sdc read-write (Read-only file system). /dev/sdchas been opened read-only.Error: /dev/sdc: unrecognised disk labelModel: Verbatim STORE N GO (scsi) Disk /dev/sdc: 15.5GBSector size (logical/physical): 512B/512BPartition Table:...
Here you go, and it makes sense that sdb is the drive I am having issues with. Code: [benpack101@topsecret ~]$ sudo lsblk [sudo] password for benpack101: NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 298.1G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 60G 0 part ├─sda2 8:2 0 40G 0 part / ├─sda3 8:3 0 4G 0 part [SWAP] └─sda4 8:4 0 194.2G 0 part...
Yes, yes, I know that! Sorry, when I saidI meant lsblk.The issue with the drive is there are no partitions on them so blkid does not see anything on the drive.And I ran "sudo hdparm -r0 /dev/sdX" as I briefly mentioned above, but it did not solve the RO issue.
My main rig is actually currently in Windows for some tune-up, I was plugging the usb drive into an older core2 / 2GB of RAM guy running a fresh coat of F21. The computer does not have a 3.0 port.blkid does not come up with anything as I don't think there are any made partitions on it (I must have done some funny stuff a while ago).And I am sure that it is the right drive, I've done the run command, take it out, run it again test.
Congrats everyone winners!Not going to be able to take part in the next foldathon as I'll be out of the country, so I'll fold extra hard while I can!
Ahh yes, I have tried gparted, however it does not recognize the drive at all.It is quite odd, the full output when I run sudo fdisk /dev/sdc with sdc the appropriate drive, is:Code:Welcome to fdisk (util-linux 2.25.2).Changes will remain in memory only, until you decide to write them.Be careful before using the write command.fdisk: cannot open /dev/sdc: Read-only file systemThe journalctl -f output while I run the command is:Code:Dec 25 22:08:25 localhost.localdomain...
I am having issues with my Verbatim Store 'n' Go V3 USB 3.0 drive (16GB). While technically I guess my usb stick is having hardware issues, which has relatively nothing to do with *nix, Window's standard repair/format_disk has issues so I resorted back to Fedora. I am trying to get my drive back into working condition, so my first thought is to run fdisk and partition the drive. I get an error that reads, Code: fdisk cannot open /dev/sdX: Read only file system Some...
Had a couple short power outages myself, luckily they weren't for long, but lost time is lost time!
May I assume you have a laptop as well?Of course it all comes down to the school you attend and your field of study, but if you are going to be working in groups you'll most likely be away from home and may need a machine you can comfortably write papers with, or perhaps there is specific software that you may be required to use for your specific field of study.Note looks good though!
I'm not 100% sure on what they are trying to market/sell here. What is so great about their hardware that makes it different than, say system76? That being said, it is great to see more people manufacturing OS machines!