Posts by benpack101

Dang, that is going to be sweet! If you want, post the parts you are thinking about getting before you get them and OCN can let you know if you are making the right choices (especially when it comes to water-cooling). Best of luck!
While it could be a one time thing, it doesn't hurt to look into it, errors don't happen just randomly!Which version OS are you running?
This will be a great experience for you, and I'm interested to see how it turns out! By any chance do you have ideas on the insides, component wise?
Details on your system (ie. chipset) would be helpful, but a quick search landed me to a couple of other OCN threads: http://www.overclock.net/t/940091/bsod-codes-when-ocing-must-have-info/0_100 http://www.overclock.net/t/935829/the-overclockers-bsod-code-list/0_100 Have you been overclocking?
While I have never used an oscilloscope in linux before, I have used a Digilent analog discovery oscilloscope for class. Link here A quick search showed me that the waveforms software that is used with the oscilloscope has a linux sdk. That is not a port for the waveforms program itself, using the SDK you may be able to get what you want going. I would also be interested in seeing people's solutions. (I have pinged some friends and will get back if any of them have used...
Like I've always said, you need to go with what you can, and embrace what your genes and face can grow and grow what you can, or rock the clean shaven face!
It really comes down to personal preference, but Plan9 makes good recommendations based on the fact you don't have too much computing power in that netbook of yours.
Alright, that makes sense, the setup is a lot easier that is for sure!
I think I'm missing something here, if you have to mount the other drives anyways, what does using symlinks save you other than not having to directly mess with such directories in your home folder?
If you are just looking for your Documents, videos, music, etc folders to be mounted on a different harddrive you are going to want to just mount these other drives at these respective locations. To do this you are going to want to make sure the drive is properly setup in /etc/fstab so that it will be mounted on bootup. Take a peak at this article, I am not sure if your other drives are partitioned or formatted, but if they are you should be able to start at the part...