Posts by TK421

The only available X99 micro ATX is the asrock fatality (VRM overheat issue pointed out by a member here), Gigabyte X99M (?), EVGA X99 mini (somewhat disappointing reviews), and the X99M extreme 4 from asrock
Any comments on a gigabyte X99M + 5820K setup in a 380T mini case? Will an oversized GM200 card fit (ex lightning/classified/kingpin)?
I'll see microcenter flushing on sunday. Unless something miraculous happens to the Alienware's price, I'll stay off it (esp with the ****ty warranty policy).
I get off Grand Av M/R station, one of the exit has a bus station directly going to Flushing.Do you recommend just buying the motherboard/cpu/ram in microcenter? If it's not the full system I can hand carry some of the items back.Edit: does microcenter charge sales tax after purchase? I know that newegg doesn't.
Flushing Microcenter takes an hour or more by bus and I'm not willing to carry all my stuff back to the apartment. So I'd prefer to order online and get it shipped instead :/Honestly I don't know, I was thinking that the ASUS one is more durable/stronger overclocker compared to the ASRock one.I'd say around 4.7-5 or so with the 5820 if the cooling permits. I don't run any mining or folding, BUT I do keep my computer open 24/7 (EIST and C states off, CPU running full clock...
The motherboard looks cheap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM8VGYm7G5s Can anyone comment on the quality/durability? Also to mention, I don't prefer a Z97, I'm looking for an X99 build. Edit: Microsoft told me that they will not be able to refund w8 from the system.
I have my own copy of windows 7 UL I haven't activated.I was also wondering how much $ would I get back if I were to get a windows refund since I don't like 8/8.1How loud is the triton compared to the H80i?Is 2666 Overkill for just gaming?An update on the case, the seller asked 250USD for crate shipping, so yeah, F that. :/What I'm worried about is the motherboard quality of the Alienware, from reviews and report I've seen that it looks just like a generic OEM board. I...
I see, thanks for the input. I will consider the 750W offering from EVGA.I was thinking getting this instead.http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KdDVHx5820K - ASUS X99 Deluxe (will upgrade to better cpu in the future)H80i cooler (because case only has 120mm hole in the back)16GB Vengeance 2666 (do a lot of web browsing, don't want to close apps when I launch games)6TB HDD (I'm fine with disk speed)-I have my own 750GB 2.5" that I plan to put in750W G2 PSU (would someone kindly...
The most intense thing I would do will be gaming, maybe some minor 3D work but nothing too intensive. I mostly play my games at low settings if they are competitive online fpses, otherwise I would crank the visual on SP games.Well, no. But I plan on putting in a very nice GM200 card once it's out. But if you think the 850W is enough I will deselect the upgrade.I plan to swap out the motherboard sometime in the future, but that's 3-4 years from now.How hard would it be to...
*flame shield* I just got off the phone with DELL saying that they will give me a $200 cut off the original 1700USD (so the cost will be 1550USD with tax) on the base Area 51 model. Specs Intel i7 5820K (120mm aio cooler) Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English - will try for a windows refund with microsoft since I have my own copy of Windows 7 Video Card1 AMD Radeon™ R9 270 with 2GB GDDR5 - Will sell and swap GPU for 970/980 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz - Will sell and...