Posts by u3b3rg33k

is .75Mb/s up even enough to get a full 17 down? i'm on a 10x4 connection, and I wouldn't ever trade my upload for download.on a 10x4, it's great. on a 10x1, it's terrible.
That's why I got what I have. truly dedicated bandwidth costs around $200/Mb/Month on the consumer end of things. Crime Warner quoted me $10,000 to run cable to my property (there isn't any now) just so that I could pay them monthly afterwards. No thanks. FYI I did look into putting up a legitimate tower - it can be done, but my whole "tower cost me under $1k, and a chainsaw solved the few other tree shaped "issues" for a lot less than the price of a freestanding tower....
It depends on what your customers are asking for. You're saying NO customer should be able to use 100Mb/s down at any time, because ALL customers can't use 100Mb down all the time.the average user with 100Mb/s of down capacity will not be using it all 24/7/365, so why on earth would you want to pay for that capacity and not utilize it? that's not efficient at all.a gigE switch can do 1Gb/s between any two ports at any time. but if you're going from one port to all the...
I got better battery life and lower CPU utilization by ditching my GMA X3100 laptop and going to one with a 320M - i.e. one that is actually supported by browers/flash. FWIW, I have about 130 tabs open in safari, and that uses around 3GB of ram. Since I upgraded from 4GB ram to 16GB of ram, I have stopped caring about how much ram safari uses. and at least on the mac, safari is much less of a CPU hog than firefox is. at least with 130 tabs open... I have used chrome,...
Where I live, if you go past 60k kWh in a 12 month period, you must move to a time-of-use rate plan. which, if you think about it, could be a good thing in some ways - the price you pay reflects the actual cost of generation. at night, power is so cheap, it's comparable with burning fuel for heat. the regular residential rate plans average it all out.you should ditch your wimax ISP and go to one using more modern equipment. I just ditched a 1.544Mb/s T1 line (I live...
1800MHz or bust. get out the phase change coolers!
I have an older "garminfone" android device that (as named) is basically a garmin running android with a phone attached. due to the ram limitations (it has 256MB), it is a tolerable GPS, an OK phone, and a HORRIBLE smartphone. running the maps for a 1k mile trip is more than it can handle without issue.the iphone 4 (single core) with 512MB ram is noticeably constricted in terms of performance and consecutive real-time apps running (pandora + GPS + web causes problems) ...
Top 50 or bust...
YES! more, PPD, MOAR!
My sentiments towards the title: we need another "Portal".