Posts by u3b3rg33k

watch your F@H logs for warnings/errors if/when you start OCing.We all started with 0 points... You'll be a millionaire before you know it.HA! I bought an older model UPS, and it's cutover time is so slow, my PC power cycles when it trips! FAIL.Honestly I haven't done much. I set a fan curve in MSIAB to keep temps reasonable, and I run client-type advanced most of the time on the 7970. I also set the next-wu-percentage flag (sp?) to download WUs as late as possible,...
I'm not sure if there's a specific number at which you should worry, but if you keep your GPU clean (I like to blast mine with compressed air (a real compressor, not canned air) once a year, and aren't overclocking, the factory fan profile is more often than not A-OK. The harder you OC (and the higher your voltage) the more important it is to keep things cool.I set a curve in MSIAB so that 70C is around 70-80% fan speed - that way it ramps up the fans faster than the...
I'm going to quote a post of mine that should interest you: [[SPOILER]] FWIW, temps right meow are 60C, 41C, 60C (middle card idle), and it's in the upper 70s in here.
lol. I leave my multiple WC rigs unattended for extended periods of time. 12+ years and counting, no leaks yet.
Hayeah. I keep my cards basically in the60-70c range with an open slot between each card. All it takes is a custom fan profile. I don't mind the sound.
I've tried recruiting a few people. Once I mention / they find out about the 20/7 bit, they all seem to suddenly lose interest.
we just need to ditch the one person per slot thing. i have a 970, a 7970, and a 660 in this rig. I can throw a titan in my Q6700 rig, and call it a team...
I bought the 7970 I have used, and I'm certain it was a mining card before.then I mined on it, and when that wasn't fun anymore, I fold on it, and sometimes game on it, too. it's still kicking. hard.
I'd be down with that. Any suggestions on what I should do with my 660 when I get replaced in GPU-WC? I bought the card specifically for GPU-WC, as it was the fastest card allowed. I don't know how i'd feel about gaming on a slower card than the 7970...
I'd say whichever slot you can fill first, do. I am in 3rd with my 660 (behind the 270x and 660ti), and I'm not sure where my GHz edition 7970 will land us, but I'd be happy with something strong taking my place in either one. I may not be the fastest around, but I've been pretty reliable so far, if I do say so myself. Either way, if I can't stay in both categories, and have to drop one, the 7970 does the team more good than the 660 does.