Posts by u3b3rg33k

oh hai guise. not looking too shabby this month. Now can anyone tell me how to get more PPD out of my new 48GB ram kit? like is there a club for that or something?
73C is not bad, but it's not great either. FYI while folding at 75% cpu utilization I'm sitting at about 48C sitting under a dual 120mm rad water cooled setup.
that is my point. but who knows.
if you have a properly grounded case, you shouldn't have any issues with static, unless someone touches the motherboard directly and zaps it...
plenty of units for 'lil 'ole me.
At some point (typically 100C or so for desktop chips) the cpu will halt, wait to cool down, and then resume once it has dropped temps. google for people who talk about not putting a heatsink on properly and wondering why their computer runs super slow. it happens more often than you might think. I'll be honest, I've even done it once. back in the day, there were some CPUs that did NOT have that safety feature, and they would fail catastrophically.FYI, if I run...
well you wouldn't calculate it. you would just measure it. that's probably the point of the spec - so that cooling system manufacturers can measure the IHS and know if they are able to keep it under TCase spec.A max of 75C in IBT is quite decent. I assume your average temps (while doing stuff) are in the 50-60C range.The number reported by the CPU is effectively Tjunction - it will be considerably higher than Tcase. Tcase is the case -the silver part you can see on...
Well then! do those clock up nicely?
Well when it comes to increasing performance, any hardware raid card can outdo the HDDs in terms of read/write performance, so that's not really the cards problem. I can say a few things from experience: my raid 2TB x4 drive 5 3ware (9550sx-12) array outperforms local harddrives - over my LAN. due in no small part (no doubt) to the fact that good raid cards have 128MB+ of ram read/write cache onboard. PCI-X raid cards generally work in PCI slots (but then you're...
No sir. T-case is NOT core temp, that's the IHS temp. i.e. the maximum temperature that is acceptable for the package itself - one that you could measure.if you click on the link on the site you posted it says as much: