Posts by u3b3rg33k

what you talkin' 'bout, Willis?
watch your F@H logs for warnings/errors if/when you start OCing.We all started with 0 points... You'll be a millionaire before you know it.HA! I bought an older model UPS, and it's cutover time is so slow, my PC power cycles when it trips! FAIL.Honestly I haven't done much. I set a fan curve in MSIAB to keep temps reasonable, and I run client-type advanced most of the time on the 7970. I also set the next-wu-percentage flag (sp?) to download WUs as late as possible,...
I'm not sure if there's a specific number at which you should worry, but if you keep your GPU clean (I like to blast mine with compressed air (a real compressor, not canned air) once a year, and aren't overclocking, the factory fan profile is more often than not A-OK. The harder you OC (and the higher your voltage) the more important it is to keep things cool.I set a curve in MSIAB so that 70C is around 70-80% fan speed - that way it ramps up the fans faster than the...
I'm going to quote a post of mine that should interest you: [[SPOILER]] FWIW, temps right meow are 60C, 41C, 60C (middle card idle), and it's in the upper 70s in here.
lol. I leave my multiple WC rigs unattended for extended periods of time. 12+ years and counting, no leaks yet.
Hayeah. I keep my cards basically in the60-70c range with an open slot between each card. All it takes is a custom fan profile. I don't mind the sound.
I've tried recruiting a few people. Once I mention / they find out about the 20/7 bit, they all seem to suddenly lose interest.
we just need to ditch the one person per slot thing. i have a 970, a 7970, and a 660 in this rig. I can throw a titan in my Q6700 rig, and call it a team...
I bought the 7970 I have used, and I'm certain it was a mining card before.then I mined on it, and when that wasn't fun anymore, I fold on it, and sometimes game on it, too. it's still kicking. hard.
I'd be down with that. Any suggestions on what I should do with my 660 when I get replaced in GPU-WC? I bought the card specifically for GPU-WC, as it was the fastest card allowed. I don't know how i'd feel about gaming on a slower card than the 7970...