Posts by u3b3rg33k

I'm not so worried about jail/permits lol. But not introducing coolant to your plumbing is always wise. Also it's worth figuring out how to undo it if/when you move.
Fixed - layer 8 issue
Whoops. I fixed remote access so I'll see if I can solve that today.
I'll be stopping by my TC rig tomorrow. remote access is down for some reason.
Just for fun - something a little different:
it looks like it's crunching away...
so I think I pounded most of the stupid out of my folding rig. Pm me if you see the stupid come back, I don't get to visit it in person as much as I'd like. (Also let me know when I can use my 7970 for wildcard - preferably one round before anyone else gets told ;-) )
a 12VDC powered relay could control a 120V circulator pump no problem. run it off the molex or something. or just use a 12VDC pump in the PC - anything running on 120V is probably going to pull 50-100W and throw the energy savings out the window.The reason most real-world setups use a HX and an unpowered electric water heater is cost - there's not much cheaper rated for 100PSI in the world of storage tanks. you're looking at 4x the price for a tank with a built in HX...
if you want a strong convection current you will need a large delta T (temperature). your computer probably won't like that. im not sure why you'd need to wire the pump to a fan controller - if the PC is on the pump needs to be running, no? a relay/contactor should work.the other option would be to have a tank with a built-in double wall HX (like an indirect water heater tank) built for such a purpose. then you could use a regular PC pump - otherwise you'll probably...
If you're in the US (or Canada and probably most of western europe), code demands that you use a double wall HX to separate your potable and non-potable water systems. you basically MUST have something like this for it to be worthwhile: regular water heater is left alone, and a tank is placed in front of it. the water in the un-plugged tank is circulated through your double-wall hx (via a pump), and your PC loop with pump is the other side of that hx. it's not...