Posts by Reloaded83

I've read recommendations to start slow with VR, especially if you're more prone to motion sickness. Personally, I'd say that it might be best to start with demos/experiences that have you seated. I'd start with Sightline: The Chair. GREAT use of VR, and there's no movement at all other than your head. Very cool experience, and shouldn't make you sick. Then move on to things that may have a bit of movement. Personally, I wouldn't even attempt FPS games for a little while....
I'm with you 100% OP. It's everything you said, exactly. I was very surprised by how much fun my gf and I had with the game. The story line IMO is great overall and fits things, but every line is rhymed, and most of the time, they seem pretty forced. I think that takes a bit away from the story, but it's not too big of a deal. The combat really is quite deep though simple enough seeming.
Head over to the Oculus subreddit and read through the stickied post there by Cymatic Bruce. He lists everything in there that you'll need. Watch his set up video and you'll be set. I watched it the night before mine arrived, and then skimmed through it with DK2 in hand. It took less than 10 minutes and I was up and playing. Also, look up user Bilago on reddit or the Oculus VR forums. He made a program "VR Game Launcher" that will make running Unity demos/games (a majority...
So my Rift DK2 showed up yesterday, and I got to try E:D on it last night... AMAZING. The resolution still isn't quite there for this to be a great experience, but it's definitely close. Text can be slightly difficult to read when leaned back in the chair if you don't know what it says, but thankfully you can lean in a bit and it gets quite clear. There are other things I can do to improve it, but just wanted to see what it was like. Other problem is that ships at a...
Well, remember that if you're mass locked by anything (station, another ship), the hyperspace charges at a slower rate, while creating heat the entire time. So if you sit there, mass locked, charging for a jump, the heat keeps going up. The best thing to do is cancel the jump and wait till you're no longer mass locked and then start the jump again. It just happened to me last night in fact; I was getting chased by 2 Cobras in my Hauler, and I couldn't boost away fast...
I believe when you buy a lower tier ship, you get refunded some of the money you paid for the original. Not sure you can technically "sell" it, but basically the same. It should show the amount you get back or the difference you'll pay when you select the Type 6
The Viper is darn fast! I was wanted last night and had an interdiction with 3 authority Vipers, so I booked it like usual (was in my free Sidewinder). Turned off flight assist and boosted (which nets you the top speed of 320 indefinitely) and they blew by me like I was standing still! I read that it has a top speed of 500 with FA off, so it makes sense.
Hmm. The Hauler is available in either iBootis or Asellus Primus I think? I know I saw it at one of the close by systems. I want to say it was 12,000-13,000, so you'll have plenty of money to buy one. Only 1 hard point though, so don't expect to be dog fighting in it. Btw, I finally was able to get a rail gun for my Eagle, and OMG I love that gun! Amazing stuff! It's so cool sounding/looking and fun to fire. It's too bad my poor little stock Eagle can't handle powering...
You need to save up for a ship with a bigger cargo hold. The Hauler isn't super expensive and has 16 slots I believe. I want to say it was less than the Eagle I bought recently, and that was about 16,000 credits.
Well, the X52 has a little "nub" on the throttle. It's basically the same as you used to see on laptops in the middle of the keyboard to manipulate the mouse. In the software, you can change it from mouse input to joystick axis, which is what I want. For some reason, the game still only recognizes it as a mouse input though and I can't map my vertical and horizontal thrusters to it. In the end I'll be using both the X52 joystick and throttle together, and have been using...