Posts by Reloaded83

I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm guessing it's a point defense turret. It automatically attacks near-by targets in all directions. You can't fire it (or at least that's what I remember from beta).
It can all change in an instant.
Well son of a bees wax... Was up 60,000cr thanks to 40 minutes of bounty hunting, and then clipped a clean ship and got a wanted tag. Figured it was time to head the 87,000Ls back to somewhere that could clear my name and cash in my bounty. Get to the station, get near it, see a ship scan, freak out and apparently crash into the corner of the station. Good bye outfitted Eagle, good bye bounty crs. Blah. Oh well, easy come, easy go. At least I had plenty to re-buy my Eagle.
Flew around for about an hour last night. I'll give them this; it seems to have gotten even smoother overall. Jumping into and out of supercruise is MUCH more seamless for me than it used to be. I'd get loading hangs for a second sometimes, or it would just hang in general like it did in the earlier betas, but not for as long. Last night, it was all just about instantaeous. And it looks GREAT in the Rift. Seemed even just a tad more fluid overall. Also decided that I was...
I've been using Steam streaming for a while now, and when it was still new, controllers didn't always work correctly. They have done lots of updates since then, and so far every game I've tried has worked flawlessly. I've even played 2 player games using 2 controllers on the client computer with no problems. I can't guarantee that every game will work correctly, but so far, so good. No need to have a controller hooked up on the host PC. I haven't used an xBox One...
I just read where someone said the same thing about white. It's good to see that it makes a big difference. Does it mess up the colors of friendly and enemy targets like was mentioned in another thread? Looks like it makes certain parts of the hud purple, but there was a big list that had a good looking green scheme that kept things like the landing gear box and shields orange. Looked pretty good. Not sure on the Rift problem though. The only trouble I've had lately is...
I see the options. In fact, there's a new option. I forget what it's called, but it's something to do with 3D besides the experimental separation I believe? Yes, the most recent gamma is running the 0.4.4 runtime, as am I, and it works as before. Just EVEN smoother than before, at least for me. Edit: It's "3D focal distance" I believe. Dunno if that has anything to do with the Rift though. I tell ya, this game is just INCREDIBLE in the Rift. You're doing yourself a...
Check post #433 in this thread; it has a link to the forums (which I can't access from work) that gives the official word on a wipe, in case you want to see it.
They've stated there will not be a wipe from now until launch. Alatar: Have you tried changing the HUD to green and using it in the Rift? I just read on Reddit that it does make things more readable, being there are more green sub pixels. It says it makes friends red and enemies green though, so that might make things a bit more difficult to get used to. I might give it a shot tonight just to see how it is. I can read things well enough right now though, especially since...
Whew. Got a chance to check out Gamma 2.0 last night with all of the Rift improvements... AMAZING. Each time I think it just can't better, and then it does. It is SO smooth with the 0.4.4 runtime, and looks great. I bored myself to tears with more mining, and managed to get some gold at least. Forgot I had a free Eagle too, so I took that out for a quick spin, and it feels great in the Rift. Feels much more claustrophobic in that cockpit compared to the Sidewinder. Nice to...