Posts by Reloaded83

Best all around for that is probably the Cobra. I have a Cobra and a Viper, and originally used the Viper for bounty hunting, which it is quite good for. You have very little to no cargo space with it though, and with all the weapons/utilities on mine, I have 0 cargo room. On my Cobra though, I have all the stuff I want and 16 spaces for cargo. You lose some maneuverability and a smaller profile with the Cobra, but I've found it to be worth it overall for it's versatility.
I use my Playseat with the steering wheel mount disconnected with the throttle on a box on the left and the joystick on the right. It's not very reclined and it could certainly use a foot rest. I believe there's an enitre subreddit devoted to building something like you're talking about. People are always posting their projects for cockpits on the Elite reddit as well. I have an X52 set up, and already had a T.16000. I tried to use the X52 joystick, but I just didn't care...
I'll probably post this elsewhere as well, but thought I'd try here anyway, since I know Alatar at least has a DK2: I fired up AC last night with my Oculus Rift, and it seems like it's really dark in game. I don't remember it always being so dark, but I could be wrong. During the middle of the day, it seems like evening, with bright blue skies. It looks fine on my monitor though. I have the settings turned down fairly low, and the post processing stuff unchecked (I guess...
I own The Forest and Rust. I haven't played The Forest recently, but when I did play it, it can be enjoyable for a while. It does have (or did have) a fair bit of bugs last time I played it though (been a few months). The devs update it pretty frequently, and there's a countdown timer in game to show when the next update goes live. Multiplayer at the time was very bare bones, but it was mostly co-op survival. There's the mutants to survive from, though they're pretty buggy...
Correct, with this model, you don't. The current Clubsport level requires the base and seperate wheel. I have the Turbo S model (discontinued now) which is a slightly lower level to the wheel posted there, but works across the PS3 and 360 as well. I've had it almost 6 years and it still works great. Just upgraded the shifter to the Clubsport 1.5 and I'm in heaven. Next up is the CSR Elite pedals. It's been a great wheel.
Well, are we talking abou the DK1, DK2, or upcoming consumer version? The current development kit (DK2) runs at 1080p natively. It renders the scene at a higher res though. The best way to get more performance is to lower settings, but there are just some games that no matter what you do on your end, they'll require more power than even a top end PC can handle.
Rust
Checked it out the other day due to this thread. So far, I'm enjoying it. It's an odd mash-up of a few different FPS mechanics. Unfortunately, it's been crashing after a few rounds lately.
Does the 1.3 beta work with the DK2? I read the other day that it was borked but they were working on fixing it. I updated to the 0.6.0 runtime last night to play some Euro Truck 2, and some said it's not compatible with Elite any more, but that was also being worked on.
Just got my Fanatec Club Sport shifter in the mail today... WOW. What a difference! This thing is pretty amazing. It really changes the feeling of the H-pattern cars in the game. I had just the standard H-pattern shifter that came with the Turbo S wheel, which was made of plastic, and this is not even a competition. Of course, for the price, I'd imagine it wouldn't be. Surprisingly, it mounted to my puny little shifter mount on my Playseat just fine. It's not quite as...