Posts by Reloaded83

I read the update broke Rift support...
Yeah, I played for about an hour last night, and exploration did seem pretty profitable. Overall, it seems pretty good, but for every step forward, there's a step back. The Rift support seems to be quite good overall, but I'm back to getting FPS drops in places I didn't before, though I think that's due to the increase of see-able players. I had quite a bit of fun though, and some of the planets look amazing with the Rift. I really can't go back to a monitor with this game...
That's just a short walk away...
Yay, I can finally play again, assuming they really did fix the multiple control inputs bug. 8 more hours of work to go... Till then I'll have to settle for reading other people's experiences with the gamma.
Yeah, I don't use the G13 to play. Tough with a Rift on my face. I do use the LCD screen to monitor my GPU usage and FPS though.
Hm. According to the E:D Reddit, since the 3.9 update, it only recognizes 2 game controllers connected. Guess that's why it won't see my throttle any more. I have the joystick, throttle and G13 (counted as a game controller) plugged in. I'll try disconnecting the G13 this evening and hopefully I can play again.
So, just downloaded the 3.9 update for the game and the 0.4.3 update for the Rift. Get into the game, and go through to re-set my bindings. I'm using a Saitek X52 HOTAS, and I can't bind anything on my throttle in the game. Windows sees it just fine, as does my Saitek software, and nothing has changed on my side other than the updates; anyone else having trouble with bindings on their throttle??
Well, I only get motion sickness in some first person games. All cockpit style games, I can play for hours at a time. The cure is what ginger said; make the game for VR specifically. Most of these games are adapted to VR, and especially for first person games, that can be a problem. There are ways around it though, like adjusting walking speed (fast is usually bad, as can instantly moving at full speed), and using a technique like "comfort turning" where instead of...
This^. Especially that last part. I don't get car sick, sea sick, or any other kind of motion sick as far as I've tried, but first person games can definitely make me sick in the Rift DK2. I first noticed it when I tried Alien:Isolation. I was moving and looking like normal, when suddenly I got warm and a bit sweaty, and then noticed nausea. I didn't think much of it as it I usually tend to get warm wearing a screen on my face, but this was worse than usual. I kept playing...
Yeah when I first loaded up beta 3, I had a lot of stuttering and black smear. I believe it had to do with my settings all being reset. Since I've set them back, things seem much better. Still a bit of black smear. Do you have your gamma turned up? So far, stuttering has been at a minimum for me in stations, but it still didn't seem to be as smooth as it was in beta 2 for me. I've heard a lot of praise for the .0.4.3 runtime on reddit for other games, with how much...