Posts by Reloaded83

IMO, Dice knows graphics. Great screen shots as well!
Yeah, Touch feels like it's so far away though... At least I have plenty of simulators to play 'til then. Let me know what you think of the update; it mentioned something about being able to use the sword (maybe the gun too?) when in the middle of a teleport. Sounded pretty awesome.
How are you that have Raw Data enjoying it? I admit, I'm a tad envious of Vive owners getting to play this because I think it looks awesome. Saw there was an update within the last day and I'm just curious what people think of it right now.
From everything I've been reading, it's basically because Oculus wants to support what they think most people have; not a lot of room and a desire to not run a USB cable 20 feet from the computer to a sensor behind you. They are "encouraging" devs to build around a 180 degree setup, but they are still free to also support full 360 room scale. Personally, the only way I'd have enough room for 360 room scale is if I moved my rig out to the living room and moved furniture...
Yeah, I don't see them being $100, mainly because of them coming with 2 controllers and another sensor, and the Vive costing $800 vs. the Rift at $600. $200 makes the most sense IMO, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
I'm really hoping for right around $200 for Touch. Seems to make sense to me, but it would really suck if it goes much above that since I'm kinda stuck buying them, whatever the cost, since I want tracked hand controllers. Ugh.
Yeah, on my X-52 I used the hat on the throttle and it was perfect (minus the non-analog part), but for some reason, it just feels... odd where the throttle analog stick is located. Of course, as I mentioned, I haven't gotten much time with it, so I'm hopeful I'll get used to it and love it soon enough. Yep, I bound the switches to gear/lights/scoop as well. I figured it would just take time to get the feel down, but even with all the use I had on the T.16000M, I had...
Wihglah - Do you use the little toggle switches as well for stuff in VR? I find it a bit difficult to feel out where they are (I can look through the nose-gap but it's a pain). I had originally thought about getting the X-55 'til they announced the X-56 as what I really wanted was an analog stick for lateral/vertical thrusters. I loved using the one on the G13, and when I got the X-52, I really disliked using the hat on the throttle for it. I'm going to try setting the...
Are you using the X-56 also? Or X-55?
It sure is. I just bought an X-56 Rhino last night. I have more peripherals than I know what to do with... Which is why I'll be keeping this wheel 'til it breaks. Swolern: I hear ya. My first wheel was this Fanatec, and I've never tried anything else, so I'm not sure if that's why I'm quite happy with it. Honestly though, as mentioned, any wheel with force feedback (IMO) is so much better than a controller (as far as immersion and fun goes). And of course it just adds so...