Posts by Reloaded83

That's just a short walk away...
Yay, I can finally play again, assuming they really did fix the multiple control inputs bug. 8 more hours of work to go... Till then I'll have to settle for reading other people's experiences with the gamma.
Yeah, I don't use the G13 to play. Tough with a Rift on my face. I do use the LCD screen to monitor my GPU usage and FPS though.
Hm. According to the E:D Reddit, since the 3.9 update, it only recognizes 2 game controllers connected. Guess that's why it won't see my throttle any more. I have the joystick, throttle and G13 (counted as a game controller) plugged in. I'll try disconnecting the G13 this evening and hopefully I can play again.
So, just downloaded the 3.9 update for the game and the 0.4.3 update for the Rift. Get into the game, and go through to re-set my bindings. I'm using a Saitek X52 HOTAS, and I can't bind anything on my throttle in the game. Windows sees it just fine, as does my Saitek software, and nothing has changed on my side other than the updates; anyone else having trouble with bindings on their throttle??
Well, I only get motion sickness in some first person games. All cockpit style games, I can play for hours at a time. The cure is what ginger said; make the game for VR specifically. Most of these games are adapted to VR, and especially for first person games, that can be a problem. There are ways around it though, like adjusting walking speed (fast is usually bad, as can instantly moving at full speed), and using a technique like "comfort turning" where instead of...
This^. Especially that last part. I don't get car sick, sea sick, or any other kind of motion sick as far as I've tried, but first person games can definitely make me sick in the Rift DK2. I first noticed it when I tried Alien:Isolation. I was moving and looking like normal, when suddenly I got warm and a bit sweaty, and then noticed nausea. I didn't think much of it as it I usually tend to get warm wearing a screen on my face, but this was worse than usual. I kept playing...
Yeah when I first loaded up beta 3, I had a lot of stuttering and black smear. I believe it had to do with my settings all being reset. Since I've set them back, things seem much better. Still a bit of black smear. Do you have your gamma turned up? So far, stuttering has been at a minimum for me in stations, but it still didn't seem to be as smooth as it was in beta 2 for me. I've heard a lot of praise for the .0.4.3 runtime on reddit for other games, with how much...
Hoping the update to the .0.4.3 Oculus runtime will help it run even better. We shall see tonight.
W00t. They're updating to 0.4.3 runtime for the Oculus Rift. Time to see if it gets even better than it already is. Here's to hoping.