Posts by Reloaded83

Anything's possible. I'm thoroughly impressed with how well it runs on the Rift. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd test it at 5040x1050 just to see now that I have the 280x.
Not sure I could agree with that... Months ago, I ran the game at 5040x1050 with high settings, and rarely dipped below 60fps on 2 560 Tis. Now, I'm currently running the game on my sig rig with high settings also (I believe I have shadows at medium, the rest high?) on the DK2 and it is one of the smoothest experiences I've had with the Rift. And that's rendering 2 view points at higher than 1080p per. 75 fps as well.And on the subject of the Rift... WOW! This game (now...
If you can wait, it's probably worth it. I'm an impatient person... I'm quite happy with it over-all though. When the consumer version does release, I can imagine just how awesome it's going to be though.
According to the Oculus reddit page, the developers just released an update that fixes the problems with the DK2. Seems to work. Hoping I can find some time to try it out this evening in VR!
That was going to be my post.
Well from what I've read, it appears the Rift support is... not very good at all atm. Almost un-playable. Guess I'll wait it out. I might give it a shot on my 3 monitors at some point though because I really want to try out that Cobra!
Supposedly the release candidate is coming out today... Anyone else looking forward to it? It wil also have Oculus Rift support. I'm hoping to give it a try tonight and see how it is with the DK2.
I haven't yet played the game on a regular monitor, but I can tell you that seeing that face RIGHT in your own is not a pretty sight. *shudders*
Welp, I've played 3 hours of it so far, according to Steam. All in the Rift. It's been very slow going since I can never finish a horror game... It appears this one will be no different. Just got to my first glimpse of the Alien. 2nd time he killed me, I noped out, and that's probably that. Pretty sure my wife now knows I'm a total weirdo. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Here's to hoping for not having messed up dreams tonight...
Palmer has stated many times that he'd be "very disappointed" if the consumer version doesn't release before the end of 2015. I'd say summer is a good guess. How bad does the cockpit view look with the Rift? Or does the lack of detail go away when you're focused on other stuff. It's so great to see more and more full games getting Rift support. Even though Alien: Isolation isn't "official" support, it works surprisingly well. I might have to look into picking this up too,...