Posts by marik123

If your system worked with the r9 290, then very likely you have a defective GPU to begin with. The GTX970 shouldn't be louder than R9 290 with only 145w TDP.
First thing I would do is to set everything in the BIOS to default without any overclock and start from there. I would try to get the latest driver for the video card, motherboard driver and update the BIOS to the latest version. But remember to do a clean install driver when you upgrade your video card. If it still have problem, try to move the card to a different PCI Express slot, make sure all the connection are property seated.
If you have spare parts to play with, try to do the following. 1. Try to set everything in the BIOS to default to eliminate overclocking problem. 2. Use a different monitor see if it still happens or try to use a different input cable assuming your monitor have other ports such as VGA, HDMI, DVI... etc. If you don't have a different monitor, maybe you can your TV. If it still happen, then do the following. 3. Swap out a different power supply to see if the power...
Does this happen when you boot up? During desktop mode? During 3D gaming? Can you try to be more specific?
Have you try to change your PCI-Express bus speed from Auto to Gen3? Originally when I still had my old radeon 7870, my computer will keep crashing if I set it to Gen3, so I just leave it at auto and was running at 2.0 mode. Then as soon as I put in my new GTX970, I got artifacts all over the screen and I had to change my PCI Express to Gen3 in the BIOS to fix that problem and now works smoothly. If I can run a GTX970 with very similar system 4690k @ 4.6 Asrock Z97...
I have a blower design EVGA GTX970 card, installed arctic cooling mono plus with MX2 on it, temperature maxed out at 51c load with furmark. Regular gaming stays at around 46-48c. Most cards come with a 3 year warranty so I wouldn't worry about it blowing it up within the period.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1520185/weird-evga-gtx970-problem I have a very similar problem here with my card where the card will boot up fine. As soon as I installed the nvidia 344.16 driver and the screen will display artifact all over at desktop. I fixed it by changing the PCI express bus speed from 2.0/1.1 to 3.0 and it solved my issue. So maybe you should try that out. I have 400w power supply and after that change, I was able to run games without any issue last...
I just received my EVGA GTX970 blower style card today in the mail. I took off the factory heatsink and put on my arctic cooling mono plus cooler, turned on my PC and everything worked fine. As soon as I installed the Nvidia driver I immediately notice artifacts showing on my screen. So I make sure all my cable and connectors are tighten, still showing the same issue. Then I went into the BIOS and change my PCI Express bus link from auto to gen3 which is PCI-E 3.0 mode...
Would be perfect for my work computer, currently using geforce 6600 256mb.
Right now I have 4 sticks of these and I was able to hit 2200mhz 10-11-11-33 2T @ 1.475v. I tried 10-10-10-30 2T @ 1.53v and sometimes will result a crash during gaming. If I take out 2 sticks and only run 2x4gb, then I can run all the way upto 2800mhz @ 1.65v 12-12-12-36 2T. Best $95 ram ever.