Posts by OC'ing Noob

Actually I believe the first mod was removed by the mod creator himself because it had utilized Fores's idles animation mod and he didn't want to be part of a paid mod situation.
I would say that most have expressed that they will continue to share mods for free, but are largely tolerant or ambivalent about the idea of modders selling their work. There is a lot of backlash against the system of distribution (Steam Workshop) and how it is being handled as far as conflicts, removal of mods, and commissioner cut however.
Unless they are monitoring your plugin loader or locking down the entire Skyrim directly, I can't see how that would be possible. Certain mod management software can even keep the data folder largely untouched. Bethesda is not stupid. They realized long before now that mods extend the lifetime and enjoyment of their game, all without having to constantly maintain it since it's single player. All they have to do is fix game breaking bugs and TES/FO games largely survive on...
Donations is different from selling mods. If a modder has an intention to sell, we should let him. What would be nice is to have a Donation method, a free method, and a charged method.
Not sure about this personally, seeing as Bethesda caught an incredible amount of flack with how unbelievably buggy Skyrim was, to the point where I believe they were forced to apologize, which hasn't happened before no matter how buggy previous games were.
Now that I am reinstalling the mods again after getting a Titan X, I realized a few things: - Making sure you properly installed the mods SUCK! It takes forever and there is a TON of reading to do. - Using MO per suggestion of updated STEP. I am confused about whether or not it will actually work as it is designed to leave the default Skyrim/Data folder untouched and I haven't gotten around to textures for me to test. TL/DR: I forgot how much of a hassle it is to mod...
Therefore you have the choice of whether or not you are willing to buy a mod and they continue to have the choice of whether or not to sell the mod. Like I keep saying, it is all about choices, not white knights standing on soap boxes trying to force upon you their own ideologies. If a consumer makes an impulse by without researching first (every consumer's responsibility) and runs into a frustration situation, he can either request a refund or it's too late, leave a...
I said yesterday that it was going to be my last post. Unfortunately, I lied. Seeing all of these members running around screaming that the sky is falling really makes my head shake and eyes roll. There are some members who obviously disagree with me on a fundamental level about this. You guys know who you are so understand this, I won't be responding to you guys regardless of whether or not you reply to the post. Let me however remind you rest guys who aren't so narrowly...
I personally know how that feels. I impulse bought a Titan X to play this game. I decided at 12GB of VRAM, I shouldn't run into any issues for Skyrim or the next TES/FO titles. I had made the previous mistake of buying a GTX 780 and was constantly having CTD's because of the lack of memory. I would watch it spike max and then poop, no more Skyrim.
IMO the idea is fine. It's the implementation and how that develops that can make or break the modding community. I personally don't think the community has the right or power to stop a modder from selling his mods.