Posts by OC'ing Noob

Did you guys want me to link your posts regarding servers on the front page? Also, new inspiration... University! So far still laying down the ground framework.
i haven't heard the new iteration of the AD700, but at $110-120 range, I personally liked the HD558 that my friend recently got. I know a lot of people really like them too.http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416933449&sr=1-1&keywords=558
Probably, which reminds me that I need to bump it later.
1. How much did you spend on the AD700 as that defines your budget? $80?2. What will you be using them for?2a. If you will be using them for music, do you care about sound quality?2b. If you do care about sound quality, what kind of music do you listen to?3. AD700 were open headphones, so I assume you do not care about sound isolation. Is this correct?
If anyone tells you that, do me a favor and tell them to frack off. The HD558 are a great pair of headphones for their price. There is no need to go higher then entry/mid range unless you are looking for a pair of headphones with a specific sound signature.
Going purely by the specs, yes. I wonder how those headphones compare with others in the $1K range.
1. We trust our ears when there exists differences that cannot be properly measured. We also trust our ears, because it's part of our bodies and far more advanced and accurate than any scientific hearing device. Unfortunately, each person hears things a bit differently and the same person can hear things differently from one day to the next depending on all sorts of factors that or not psychologically influenced. I personally believe that one day scientific equipment will...
1. There are objective standards in headphones as well and tons of websites devoted to objective testing. As for your comment about frequency response, do you honestly believe that frequency response graphs can tell the whole story of what a pair of cans sound like? FR graphs give you a general idea of what to expect, whether or not a treble range is rolled off and how far a sub-bass extends. Beyond that, sound being as complicated as it is, there are nuances upon nuances,...
Not really... it is a mixed bag of hyperbole, exaggeration, half-truths, and poor experiences from shady snakeoil salesmen. There are some sites with agendas, just like there are sites with agendas in the PC component world, paintball world, and damn near any industry out there. The smaller scope of high end headphones simply makes these experiences more visible. DAC's with how they are implemented make a huge difference. Different amps will modify the sound differently,...
If you are referring to the LCD-2's or proper high end audio equipment, then these are some incredibly ignorant words. If you are referring to overpriced offerings from Bose and Beat, then while they do not sound anywhere close to their price, they still are probably infinitely better than whaterver crap earbuds they had before from their phones or walkman.While in audio, diminishing returns per dollar is cruel, there is still a rather large difference going from the HD558...