Posts by sumitlian

Yes FX bottlenecks a single gpu solution, I have used that my 8350 @ 4.7GHz with 280X in Battlefield 4 campaign and seen that GPU usage doesn't go above 55% in many scenes, however fps were 60-65 even with that 55% GPU utilization but it just shows that the situation is more prone to have minimum fps under 50 or even under 40s and it actually happens.With i5 at 3.5 GHz you have around 90+ fps mostly with 60+ minimums most of the time.In my experience 8350 can't even fully...
Yes it might sound a little exaggeration but I think like this......What's the point of a 5 GHz FX that will draw 220+ watt from CPU alone and perform same as a stock i5 that draws under 100 watts.It doesn't end just here, in almost all single/dual threaded applications, a stock 4670k performs same or sometime better than a 5 GHz FX (unless its 7zip or 2 pass video transcoding).AMD with even 5 GHz CPU is still a bad choice for all CPU bound games (Physics). Also upcoming...
Add $22 more in $350 and you can own something new generation, more future proof, cute and unique that will kill any AMD FX @ 5.2 GHz.Yes I am talking about a great Intel Haswell system with unlocked i5 4670k. $220 = Intel i5 4670K 3.5 GHz (http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-4670K-Quad-Core-Desktop-Processor/dp/B00CO8TBOW)$75 = Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150 (http://www.microcenter.com/product/417842/GA-B85M-D3H_LGA_1150_mATX_Intel_Motherboard)$77 = Crucial Ballistix Sport XT...
Yes you are quite write about that, and yes I knew that its dual core vs quad core, but you should also remember that G2030 has 120% higher TDP than Athlon 5350 + higher performing iGPU.I was actually going more toward their IPC performance per watt, but my bad I couldn't write it that way and it didn't looked like that.Also if you look 3DPM single thread benchmark,and here we take Broadwell predecessor i3 4330, it has 26% higher IPC than Athlon 5350 in single thread.And...
Both are Jaguar, and its not on topic (as a competition) of this thread.This is what we already know.You are comparing low power tablet/notebook based 4.5w Puma (A10 Micro 6700T) to Desktop's Socket AM1 based 25 watt Jaguar (Athlon 5350).This is actually an improvement (HT) with 5Y70 and no doubt about that, and even if it surpass G2030, you can't be sure it would surpass A10 6310 (Desktop & Mobile version of Puma). Also there are no A10 6310 reviews yet. But we were...
Also you should always remember that Jaguar and its successors do not feature clustered multi-thread (CMT), meaning that there are no "modules". Hence the theory 1.1 GHz Intel vs 2.2 GHz AMD you are implying can only be used with Bulldozer based AMD CPU/APUs.
Indeed, I would have been impressed with this, if Broadwell were 100% IPC improvement over IvyBridge. But sadly its not.AMD has achieved same performance as their 15 watt Jaguar APU with their Puma at 4.5 TDP at 28nm.http://www.anandtech.com/show/7974/amd-beema-mullins-architecture-a10-micro-6700t-performance-preview/4And if you look at entry level desktop Microprocessors 3.0 GHz 22nm IvyB G2030 (55w TDP) vs 2.05 GHz 28nm Jaguar Athlon 5350 (25w TDP),50% less TDP with AMD...
5Y70's Nominal TDP is 1.1 GHz at 4.5 watt (wiki), I expected more from 14nm, because AMD's Puma (28nm) based low power APUs still seem very competitive to them. A10 Micro 6700T 1.2 - 2.2 GHz Quad Core at only 4.5 watt is a very fast APU considering its great performance per watt ratio. Also the IPC of these AMD APUs in low power market has been equal or sometimes faster than Intel's currently available 22nm solutions (if its not Cinebench or other Intel Compiled app).
AMD's 28nm Puma APUs (SoC) gives higher IPC than 22nm Intel's SoC. This is where AMD is one step ahead than Intel. I believe Jaguar/Puma successors with more cache memory with dual channel can definitely beat Intel's 4th Gen cores. I know this seems weird as this is a low power platform, but This SoC is exactly what I buy in my dream (I believe every AMD lover should be happy with this): 6-8 Puma cores of 3.5-4.2 GHz with an essential iGPU (just for display up to 1080p ...
Ok got it