Posts by sumitlian

I confirm Watch Dogs performance improvement with my 280X. GPU utilization is increased with 14.7 RC3 resulting 3-5 more fps than RC1. Its almost butter smooth now with 0% stuttering, 50+ fps most of the time. Settings were: 1080p Texture: High Vsync Off Temp SMAA Buffered frames 1 All other settings at ultra except level of detail at Medium, Shadow at High and AO at HBAO-Low. GPU Core: 1000 MHz GPU Memory: 1500 MHz Undervolted to 1.075v (Load voltage between 1.025v to...
Those openGL indie games have been behind in terms of graphics and multithreading processing than DX. And Robot OS is the thing for Linux and within Linux, so you don't need to tell the obvious that it uses OpenGL And why does Valve not release an OpenGL version of L4D for Windows ? Why is OpenGL Metro Last Light not available for Windows ? Don't they call OpenGL cross platform ? Both DX12 and Mantle is for Windows, and my comment was to reduce the crap that people have...
more watch dogs performance lets see if it really works or doesn't.
No you won't need it because it will be encoded into H.269
I really never meant to hurt anyone by saying "you must be doing it wrong", I just meant if it was any culprit with your settings/configuration, OS or something else. But If you are saying "been through all of it", then I can understand everything you have suffered.Now I think there is only one difference (despite our 770 and 280X are almost identical in raw performance) that I can think of it right now is the 1GB extra VRAM that might have been a cause of no stuttering in...
Thanks for your reply.290/x are known to use Mantle more efficiently than GCN 1.0. I see you're using catalyst 14.6.Have you tried it with 14.7 RC1 ?Actually I get 95%+ scaling too in full server, but sometimes in certain scenery and camera angle it goes to 70-80%. Just this does not happen in empty server regardless of where you are or what you're seeing. I never tried it with 14.6 beta though, gonna do it tonight.
I get variable GPU usage ranging from 70-95% with mantle in Battlefield 4 in full server, regardless of graphics settings. And in empty server its 90+% all the time. I know Mantle was in Beta stage with BF4. But Is it normal in full server condition ? I just want to know if this is happening with me or everyone is getting same GPU utilization in both conditions ? I don't have any problem with 14.7 RC1 for my setup/configuration. Windows 8.1 64 Bit. Page File : 8GB -...
You must be doing something wrong.You just have to set textures at "High" instead of "Ultra", ultra textures is extremely buggy in this game and it doesn't even look any better than "high" at least for me.Buffered frames = 1, vsync=off, Temporal SMAA, every graphics settings at ultra except level of detail at medium and AO at HBAO-Low.This is the best graphics/performance ratio for me. Because with these settings I can play Watch Dogs on 1080p/1200p/1440p at around 50+ fps...
My bad, I forgot about SteamOS. You really have a point, I agree with it.SteamOS might actually change the way I am currently thinking about DX. I just have yet to see it being adapted by more and more major game developers. And If it happens, who wouldn't wanna go for such more efficiency friendly and powerful OS. I'll be in for it without any doubt.
Nothing wrong with native 4k support, its technological advancement and its good, but early support for it might not be good for everyone because this native 4k specific optimization might worsen the quality at 1080p which is still being used by mass majority of gamers, (I said mass majority of gamers, not the enthusiast on OCN ).There are many current generation games which don't look so sharp in 720p comparison to older games that were natively used to run on 720/768p....