Posts by sumitlian

Indeed, I would have been impressed with this, if Broadwell were 100% IPC improvement over IvyBridge. But sadly its not.AMD has achieved same performance as their 15 watt Jaguar APU with their Puma at 4.5 TDP at 28nm.http://www.anandtech.com/show/7974/amd-beema-mullins-architecture-a10-micro-6700t-performance-preview/4And if you look at entry level desktop Microprocessors 3.0 GHz 22nm IvyB G2030 (55w TDP) vs 2.05 GHz 28nm Jaguar Athlon 5350 (25w TDP),50% less TDP with AMD...
5Y70's Nominal TDP is 1.1 GHz at 4.5 watt (wiki), I expected more from 14nm, because AMD's Puma (28nm) based low power APUs still seem very competitive to them. A10 Micro 6700T 1.2 - 2.2 GHz Quad Core at only 4.5 watt is a very fast APU considering its great performance per watt ratio. Also the IPC of these AMD APUs in low power market has been equal or sometimes faster than Intel's currently available 22nm solutions (if its not Cinebench or other Intel Compiled app).
AMD's 28nm Puma APUs (SoC) gives higher IPC than 22nm Intel's SoC. This is where AMD is one step ahead than Intel. I believe Jaguar/Puma successors with more cache memory with dual channel can definitely beat Intel's 4th Gen cores. I know this seems weird as this is a low power platform, but This SoC is exactly what I buy in my dream (I believe every AMD lover should be happy with this): 6-8 Puma cores of 3.5-4.2 GHz with an essential iGPU (just for display up to 1080p ...
Ok got it
I am in India, and in my city at least 2-3 power outage happens every day.Then, Can I buy any Sandforce based SSD and be sure that power outage won't cause any more failure/data corruption than a regular HDD ?or may you please recommend me a 128 GB SSD which can work in this situation ?
Agree with you totally, I thought the same, but here its DirectX API, not OpenCL or Cuda.Thanks for providing real world experience. I was very skeptical of this too, but by looking this now It seems wonder driver has become even more mature, and if its with Frostbite 3, then it is supposed to perform same with upcoming FB3 games. And whats the point of having a low level API and performing almost same to nvidia's dx optimization specially when you(AMD) initially called DX...
Not sure if the "You" you're implying in your sentence is toward me or its for everybody.Anyway I'll take it with ease As far as I know and what I feel about how all this is happening because when Mantle was launched and results were compared to Nvidia's legacy DX drivers, no body in the world was ever able to believe that actually AMD's drivers were bad comparably. Everyone (including me) was thinking about 9x draw calls improvement, which obviously seemed more faster...
With Nvidia GPU, 4770k and 6300 are almost equal. But with AMD GPU, 4770 is 43% faster than 6300. Man, AMD DX drivers are literally horrible than Nvidia. And looks like mantle is doing fine what it was made for, 80% more fps with Mantle (FX 4100).
Impressive what vendor of DDR3 were they using ?
Ok, we have known that the start menu is coming finally. But what extraordinary is going to happen beyond the "Threshold" ?