Posts by Evo X

Nice build. What kind of OC do you have on the i7 950? You notice any CPU bottlenecking?
I would strongly suggest you stop at the 2100mhz overclock. Like Inglewood said, overclocking memory on the GTX 570 barely improves performance. I keep mine at 2000mhz. The memory on these cards is very sensitive and overclocking it too far will lead to permanent and irreversible damage.
Wireless. Having a wire dangling would piss me off.
This just happened to me for the first time. Running 285.38 betas. By far the worst drivers I have ever used...
This is exactly how my DirectCUII is setup with a reference 570. Works great.
There will be a noticeable performance drop if you put it in the 4x slot. We have the same motherboard and my X-Fi soundcard is placed in the PCI slot right under the first GTX 570 no problem.
I have the ASUS and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Overclocks great, and stays super cool and quite. I had to SLI it with a reference dual slot 570 though, because I have a sound card in between them.
Do NOT buy the 570HD unless you REALLY need a Display Port. It has a crappy GTX 560 cooler on it and will run noticeably hotter than the reference GTX 570 vapor chamber cooler.
If I were you, I would save the cash and buy reference. The reference design is not as bad as people make it out to be. My DirectCU II Asus is actually paired with a Zotac reference due to space issues, and its a great card. It actually overclocks better than my Asus and requires less voltage. Besides, your CPU is gonna bottle neck 570s in SLI in some games, so you shouldn't even need the non-reference design for extreme overclocking. I notice some bottle necking with my...
Should have went with ASUS. Comes with high quality non-reference design, superior cooling solution, and backplate included. It's also cheaper as well.