Posts by Evo X

Yeah, I have seen a lot of 570s come with inadequate voltage from the factory. You don't have to go crazy and raise it to 1.1v though. Try 1.025v and see it it solves the artifacting. If you need 1.1v to be stable at stock clocks, I would defintely RMA.
Don't RMA. There have been a lot of instances of manufacturers undervolting GTX 570s from the factory. Why would you go through the hassle of RMA, when the problem can be fixed with a slight bump in voltage?Besides, its not like 1.0v is high voltage. Some GTX 570s come as high as 1.025v stock VID.
GO SLI! I picked up another GTX 570 last week and its been great! I can finally play every game out there maxed out smoothly. It's especially useful for us since we have 3D 120hz monitors.
Get the 580 and enjoy it! If you are always waiting on the next big thing, you will always be waiting, and never have any fun. Besides, Kepler cards are still quite a long time away. Spring of 2012 is the earliest they will come, mark my words.
Picked up another 570 for SLI recently. These things are beastly! Can you update my info and 3DMark 11 score? Only 29 points away from 12K! http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1921171
570 SLI here. No BSOD, but did have black screen computer lockup on a few different occasions. Anyone know when the next official drivers are coming out?
Definitely add Batman: Arkham Asylum and The Witcher 2 to that list! Alice: Madness Returns and Fable 3 look great as well.
Getting a 580 seems like a waste because it is not much faster than a 480. Either SLI the 480, or trade for a 570 and SLI those. My 570 SLI chew through any game I throw at them a max settings. I am running the BF3 beta at ultra settings at over 100fps.
That seems very high for a DirectCU card. My top 570 is a reference model(so its got worse cooling than a DirectCU) and that never gets above 78C, while my bottom DirectCU stays at a cool ~50C.
Yeah, 1.038v is perfectly fine.