Posts by Crazy9000

I run my monitor at 165hz (and obviously high fps). When I try a 60hz monitor it feels awful.
Yep, it's likely your win rate is coming from winning a larger number of solo games, since you're underranked after groups, and his is lower since he's overranked, and losing the games more solo.I think you need at least 10 games with a hero to get any idea how well it's going though. Make sure not to read into it too much if you only have a few games.MasterOverwatch is a good stats website. Don't look too much in to stats though, some of them can be pretty misleading. Win...
Your group rating is going to be like 1250 or something, depending on how it's calculated. What this is going to do is put you in an easier game overall then you're used to, but a much hard game for your friend, forcing you to make up for him to win. If you guys aren't steamrolling, chances are your buddy really "deserves" his 900SR.If you're both at your proper ranking, grouping with him will most likely drag you down to the combined rank over time, and him up to it (he...
There is multiple game modes. You get a random one with each game, depending on what map is selected.King of the hill- There's an area in the middle of the map that both teams fight to "capture". When one team pushes the other off for a few seconds, they capture the point and start building up about 1% per second. When a team reaches 100%, they win the map. They are typically best of 3 or best of 5 for an overall win. Each map has 3 different ones, so you'll get a repeat...
They aren't the same kind of game.Basically in Overwatch you're a superhero, with superpowers. The whole game is built around using those abilities, while Counterstrike just has various different guns.
It gives something like 3% per hit, so nothing if you just cast it away from mobs.
Yeah you'll go up and down, but it will go around your "real" ELO. Basically don't take any game too hard. The farther below your ranking, the easier it will be to win... just remember that "easier to win" means 60% winrate, you will still lose a decent amount climbing back.Even in masters people can trickle in and died like gold players. Heck I see it happen in pro matches occasionally, lol. No rank is immune from people being dumb. The main idea is that you can't control...
Not everything can be "multithreaded" easily.When you see 60% CPU usage, it's across all the cores on your CPU. Since some critical calculations for Arma's engine are in the same thread, they can't be spread to your other CPU cores... so you have some being maxed, and some going idle or low load.So you really do still have a CPU bottleneck, the only way to improve it would be to get a faster CPU (or clock your own higher). Like boredgunner said, since this is a limitation...
Engineering them is orders of magnitude easier. However, it's not better.SpaceX is doing it because it's better- they will have to spend a lot less overall with this method, and are willing to front the cash to figure it out, while oversight heavy agencies like NASA haven't been willing to risk.
Here's my tips for staying sane in comp:- Your SR will always gravitate towards your "true" skill level, so it doesn't matter if you lose some, or even a bunch, of games.- Don't blame your teammates, no matter what they do. Pro players can carry diamond games 5v6, there's always something you could have done better. This also comes with the bonus of making you a better player.- Try to avoid telling anyone how to play, especially hero picks. You can make suggestions, like...