Posts by Lost Hawaiian

The 3770K is an 1155 CPU, not 2011 socket. If you want quad channel memory, you'd need an i7-38XX or 39XX CPU.
A couple of things to check: 1) Are your motherboard standoffs in place? 2) Anything else under the motherboard that could possibly be shorting out? 3) When you removed the CPU to clean it, did you check to make sure you didn't bend any pins in the socket? 4) When you try to power it up, do the fans do anything? You can try the paper clip test to make sure your PSU is working, but it doesn't sound like that's the problem to me. I would check the above first. Just my 2c...
Did you already have your network set up prior to trying to share the printer? Set them to the same workgroup name, turn on network discovery and file sharing and see if they show up in your network devices.
I am running this MB in my home rig, and have had no issues with it. However, it is the second one I tried. The first one I received was pretty much DOA. After trying everything I could think of, I spent about an 30 minutes with ASUS tech support, but in the end the tech agreed that the best course would be RMA. Rather than go through ASUS, I did a completely painless advance exchange through Amazon. I had the replacement board the next day, completed my build and was...
Hold a small screwdriver against each drive. You will be able to feel the difference in vibration in the bad one. Just my 2c worth...hope it helps, Rich
How big are these "batches"? When I googled this, the top 4 results were from OCN within the last few days (three from this thread),, but all the other references I saw were from May 2011. I found one other reference to this batch from July 2010. Is this from "New, old stock" being sold?
There are some other things you will want to do to prepare and optimize your build. Rather than try to list them all myself, I will direct you to...Sean's Awesome GuideIn here you will find all your answers.Just my 2c worth...hope it helps,RichEdit: Setting up an SSD is pretty simple if you think it through beforehand. You don't have to follow all the steps in the guide for optimization, but you should read it through for the biggest tips such as setting your page file,...
Yes, MBR is correct. The other is for HDD's larger then 2TB IIRC. Rich
Glad it worked out. I'm not sure about the two registries, but I do have some programs that I've installed on my traditional HDD vs SSD. I installed my "heaviest" programs on my SSD; PowerDirector10, Paint Shop Pro, other photo software...anything that I thought would benefit from the faster read times. All the rest I installed in a folder on my HDD root directory which I labeled "Program Files". The name doesn't in any way associate anything with the folder on my OS...
New Simple Volume is what you want. Once you select that. you can choose whether you want to partition the drive. If not, just click next as it will default to the largest size. After that, you can assign a drive letter. Default is the next available letter alphabetically, but you can choose a different one. Then you format. Since you're just talking a 120GB SSD you can go with the default, so click next. It will show you an options page with the settings you...