Posts by victorzamora

Hey guys, I got a Steam Link a few weeks ago and must say I'm a little disappointed. I have two computers on a wired network that I've attached to it. Unfortunately, it's an absolute nightmare trying to get it running right. I have an xbox one controller and dongle (dongle on my main computer as I can't get it to work with Link) and a wired 360 controller on Link. I'm trying to play stuff like borderlands on the couch and would ideally love to run emulators on it as well...
I had success switching it out, but zero success with it working. They charged like $150 so I had no interest in trying it again. Monitor seems dead unless I missed something.
Looking back, I think my post to MadjinnSayan might have applied even more to your post. This is what I responded to MadjinnSayan:I actually didn't think DSR was worth it. It dropped my framerates and didn't look nearly as good as real 1440p. I know people swear by DSR, but 1080p scaled to 1440p, 1080p scaled to 4k, and 720p scaled to 1440p all look significantly worse (to me) than 1440p native.Madjinn Sayan: You asked if it was talking about just gaming or general use...
MadjinnSayan, I've done the 1080p-upscaled and 1440p true comparison before on a 27" monitor and the difference is dramatic and immediately noticeable. Even my wife mentioned how much better "the one on the left" looked. There's no doubt that pixels cannot be replaced. To borrow a phrase from the car-enthusiast world: There's no replacement for resolution. Getting the "differences" between 1080p-upscaled vs 1440p-native vs 4k-native cannot be reproduced faithfully on...
Well I decided to leave the computer together for the weekend and monitor for failures. It's been crash-free **knocks on wood** for over 24 hours now, which it used to not do. I'll stick some multimeter probes in the PSU if I see another failure.....but I'm now thinking the DIMM is the most likely culprit. I appreciate the help, though...thanks! And yeah, frying the computer would require RMA'ing the Victor as it's the wifey's gaming rig/our media server. The SWMBO...
Okay, so my voltages are: 3.34, 5.11, 12.13, and -12.62 on my Fluke. However, this isn't under load and I certainly can't measure anything fancy like ripple. It seems that all of them are well within spec. I don't know if there's a vdroop with significant load, but we'll see. Seeing that, I pulled out one of the RAM sticks (randomly) and put the remaining one in another slot (2x4GB kit, 4 DIMM slots). We'll see what happens.
Awesome, thanks! I'm glad that it fixed your issues. I was reading back through this thread and saw where you had a similar issue to mine (like you mentioned above) and that you were getting a new board. Was the board swap painful? Those little ribbon connectors terrify me a bit.I contacted AccessoriesWhole and they said they were sourcing me a board but my monitor was out of warranty and therefore I'd have to pay for it. We'll see what the cost is and I'll update...
Good call, I thought I was "Inserting" and not "attaching" but that's what I get for posting while half-asleep. It should now be "inserted" and easier to see. I'll check the PSU tonight with a multimeter, but as I can't load it while checking the voltages what should I expect to see? I'm guessing I just short Pins15&16 (or whatever numbers the usual ones are) and then the negative probe goes to any black and I just read off all of the "power" values and reference them...
I'm pretty sure my PSU is in dire need of replacing, but I'm afraid I'm missing something. This is a 10-month old CS450M powering a 260X and an FX4100 as well as 5xHDDs (4x2TB Greens and a 2.5" laptop drive). The computer will "crash" but the files are still mostly accessible via Kodi but physical access, teamviewer, and RDP dont work.
That's actually a good point, the status LED is red not blue....so it's definitely in sleep mode. Unfortunately, I purchased the monitor like May 2014....so it's been almost 2 years and I doubt the eBay seller will honor anything. I guess I'll have to ask what has been asked a couple times already: Any ideas where to get a replacement board for this monitor??