Posts by victorzamora

Well I decided to leave the computer together for the weekend and monitor for failures. It's been crash-free **knocks on wood** for over 24 hours now, which it used to not do. I'll stick some multimeter probes in the PSU if I see another failure.....but I'm now thinking the DIMM is the most likely culprit. I appreciate the help, though...thanks! And yeah, frying the computer would require RMA'ing the Victor as it's the wifey's gaming rig/our media server. The SWMBO...
Okay, so my voltages are: 3.34, 5.11, 12.13, and -12.62 on my Fluke. However, this isn't under load and I certainly can't measure anything fancy like ripple. It seems that all of them are well within spec. I don't know if there's a vdroop with significant load, but we'll see. Seeing that, I pulled out one of the RAM sticks (randomly) and put the remaining one in another slot (2x4GB kit, 4 DIMM slots). We'll see what happens.
Awesome, thanks! I'm glad that it fixed your issues. I was reading back through this thread and saw where you had a similar issue to mine (like you mentioned above) and that you were getting a new board. Was the board swap painful? Those little ribbon connectors terrify me a bit.I contacted AccessoriesWhole and they said they were sourcing me a board but my monitor was out of warranty and therefore I'd have to pay for it. We'll see what the cost is and I'll update...
Good call, I thought I was "Inserting" and not "attaching" but that's what I get for posting while half-asleep. It should now be "inserted" and easier to see. I'll check the PSU tonight with a multimeter, but as I can't load it while checking the voltages what should I expect to see? I'm guessing I just short Pins15&16 (or whatever numbers the usual ones are) and then the negative probe goes to any black and I just read off all of the "power" values and reference them...
I'm pretty sure my PSU is in dire need of replacing, but I'm afraid I'm missing something. This is a 10-month old CS450M powering a 260X and an FX4100 as well as 5xHDDs (4x2TB Greens and a 2.5" laptop drive). The computer will "crash" but the files are still mostly accessible via Kodi but physical access, teamviewer, and RDP dont work.
That's actually a good point, the status LED is red not blue....so it's definitely in sleep mode. Unfortunately, I purchased the monitor like May 2014....so it's been almost 2 years and I doubt the eBay seller will honor anything. I guess I'll have to ask what has been asked a couple times already: Any ideas where to get a replacement board for this monitor??
The status LED is still "on". I also think "flickering" was the wrong word. It just went straight to black. It came back "up" once, then died again (Straight to black) and hasn't recovered since. I'm about to try my GPU on a TV (although it's HDMI) as well as my wife's rig on that monitor via DVI...I'm just unconvinced.
Alright guys, help needed. I've started searching but haven't found anything yet. I'm pretty sure my monitor died. I have a 2735AMG that randomly flickered black yesterday. I thought it was something stupid with my GPU so I restarted my computer and cycle the monitor's power. It was working fine for another 30 minutes before going black again. It seems my GPU is 100% fine and the monitor is dead. I'll be verifying that later today, but I'm pretty sure it's shot. ...
Oh, I agree that if it ever got bigger than the Super Bowl then they'd play eSpirts instead of the Super Bowl and that they wouldnt be dumb enough to schedule those at the same time. I just meant i dont see us ever getting there. Covering eSports is great, and may supercede more obscure sports (Lacrosse?) in the near future. I think the best thing it does is legitimize gaming and hopefully it will remove some of the stigma and misconceptions.
I certainly don't think gaming is a "sport" but I do think it's an "eSport" and certainly worth their coverage. I'd never expect a LoL tournament to take precedence over the Super Bowl or World Cup, but Twitch has too big an audience for ESPN to let it slide. Good for gamers getting more coverage so "normal" people can see we/they aren't total geeks. Good for ESPN getting a new customer base. I think regardless of nomenclature, ESPN covering competetive gaming (speed...