Posts by qwwwizx

Samsung EVO 840, (4x 120GB stripe) I have the same issue. Battlefield that I installed as the first thing when installing my new system at 50MB/sec.. Tera files that I installed less than a month ago running 1340MB/sec. I run my disks in a stripe (4 disks) so when the data is fresh I am usually seeing around 1.4-1.5GB/sec
There are more to tweak, but it wont give enough to make sence, unless you accept throttling.First of all you can try to reduce other voltage options like VCCIO and VCCSA by lowering the offset a bit. Go slowly and check for stability.If you accept throttling, you can adjust these down:- Long Duration power limit to fx 110- Long Duration Maintened 120- Short duration powerlimit to 300- CPU Current Limit to 100If you want to go to a higher clock and you feel that your 1.3v...
You can just upload an older bios. No need to switch bios.BTW: It sounds really strange with that fried CPU.
No need to risk anything, since you wont be able to feel the difference. Its only for benchmarking where you need to push it. At 4.4Ghz you might be able to adjust CPU voltage down to fx 1.25v and get it a bit cooler. Try out how low you can go before it gets unstable.
The temps is high on 4770 no matter what cooler you get. The Adaptive mode voltage make the voltage goes up and down - 1.4v shouldnt be a problem, unless it starts throttleing. If you want to push it with Prime95 or Aida running full speed you need to delid your CPU, otherwise it will be really hot and start throttling. After delidding its better and you should get better temps (maybe 20-30c below what you get now). When you reach a certain overclocking level the CPU...
It depends - did you delid and can you cool it properly. If you run your memory at stock speed (1600Mhz), you should:1) Set PCIE PLL to LC2) Adjust CPU Ratio to whatever you want to go for3) Adjust CPU Core Voltage to fx 1.3v (above that, you need to up your VCCIN voltage)4) Adjust CPU Core Voltage mode to Adaptive mode5) Under CPU features, put- Long Duration power limit to fx 300- Long Duration Maintened 120- Short duration powerlimit to 300- CPU Current Limit to 150I...
Found out myself. CPU-Z, Aida, HW-info shows that baseclock goes down when Hyper-V is installed. In idle it was like 98-99Mhz, when benching 8 threads it went all the way down to 95Mhz. At least in Windows 8.1 pro, I didnt try other versions. I uninstalled Hyper-V and I was back on 99.8 - 100.1Mhz stable even when benching. A big difference in numbers
I havent been messing with my overclock for a while and today I just saw that CPU-Z (latest version, windows 8.1) shows a Bus Speed of 97 Mhz to 99.19 Mhz. That gives my computer an effective speed of between 4.65 to 4.8 Ghz. All other programs like Intel Extreme Tuning utility and MSI Command center says 100 Mhz. What are you seeing on your systems? Anything I can do about it?
I think your overclock is stable but Heat is most likely the issue. In Crysis your GFX starts to heat up, where prime will just heat the CPU. That will increase the temperature inside your computer heavily. The air used to cool your Hyper and CPU will then be maybe 10-15C hotter and that extra heat will be added to your CPU. The computer might still work, but since high temperature affects efficiency, the CPU will need power and you need to adjust voltage further, making...
Did you delid it? If not, you might run into high-temps with the voltage above 1.3v and by that be limited. When you clock it at 4.6ghz+ does it crash imidiatly when loading windows or is it just too unstable to bench/game?