Posts by Arturo.Zise

So there is no real difference between FE and AIB 1060's due to boost 3.0, only temps and noise? Surely an AIB RX480 with higher clocks and better power/cooling will make these cards neck a neck in the end?
Glad I grabbed a 2nd hand 970 not long ago for $130 cheaper than a new 1060. Probably not far off performance wise either.
My 970 Strix runs at 1329mhz boost with stock settings.
Love how people just seem to pluck performance/pricing out of thin air and suddenly it's confirmed fact
Very keen to see the Sapphire Nitro 480 in action. Have owned a 7950 Vapor-x and a 290 Tri-X and both cards were rock solid. If it beats my 970 by a decent amount then I might have to make the switch.
I will wait for a thorough AIB 480 vs AIB 1060 review then see if either are a worthy upgrade to my current 970. If not then I will start saving pennies for a 1070.
That's not how it works
Yeah I'm keen to see what sort of OC headroom, temps and how loud that blower fan are. My Strix card is dead silent and I don't want to go backwards.
Well I can get $370 AUD for my 970 so is it worth paying an extra $30 for an XFX 480 8GB Black OC?
So should I sell my 970 and grab a new 480, or is it more of a side grade? Will be switching to a 32" 1440p monitor soon.