Posts by HuwSharpe

Good answer =)
Okay i have to ask why are you using that old hard drive bracket when it comes with one (which you must have removed) for there for that purpose?
So, i have brought another one....And to be honest, it is quite good. The specs are as follows;OS: Android 4.4CPU: Amlogic S802 Quad-Core 2.0GHz (Cortex-A9)GPU: Octa-Core Mali-450 GPUHD video output: 4K*2K / H.265 / H.264 / 1080PRAM: 2G DDR3Storage: 8GBWifi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/nLan: RJ45 10/100MPorts: 2 * USB 2.0, 1 * Micro SD/TF slot, 1 * USB OTG, 1 * HDMI 1.4, 1 * AV port, 1 * RJ45, 1 * SPDIF output, 1 * DC port.One feature that i particular like is...
I confess i have an XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7870 and this gets very loud after a short time gaming. I find it a bit odd as obviously the card gets direct access to fresh outside air through the vented side, but still i typically see temperatures in the 80°C range. I guess it is just the proximity to the PSU and CPU, in the confines of such a small space. Some day soon i shall have to open her up and have a play, having 3 full size drives in there cant been helping either.
I quite like the look of the Thermaltake Core V1, after looking at some reviews it also has some appealing features;"A unique feature of the Thermaltake Core V1 is the symmetrical interchangeable panels (both sides, top and bottom) that allow the end user to configure their system to suit their needs. Want the side panel window on the side? No problem. Want to complete turn your system on its side? Swap out the bottom panel with one of the sides and you are all set." ...
I would recommend a push/pull setup and if you have the time/patience, then try different configurations and see how they effect temperature, you may find one is more optimal.
Everyone will have their own opinion on this (not that i wish to start a debate) and every setup is different, but in some cases (unintended pun) i think such details do matter. If say the front fan is set to draw air in, over a rad this obviously pushes hot air inside the case, heating things up. If there is no extraction, with say a PSU originated to draw air from outside of the case, with possibly a very long GPU on one side and a hard drive mounted on the other, there...
Do you have the front as intake or exhaust? Blowing the hot air into the case or extracting it out the front? Is your PSU drawing air from inside the case or from outside (assuming it has a fan at all)?Also, what hard drives do you have and is the case in a "ventilated" space. Do you have a fan on each side of the rad?
Am i correct in saying you plan to have the front fan as air intake? Surely that nice fat radiator will be disapaiting a fiar bit of heat, do you really want that blown back inside an already confind space? I suspect your RAM and CPU alone wouldn't appreciate it, though just my opinion.
More photos required please =)