Posts by HuwSharpe

There are plenty of Z77 boards out there, are you having difficulty finding something particualr?
Thanks for the prompt response. I have a XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7870, do you think it would cope? Or would a 2560x1080 screen be better for that graphics card?
Just after some input if anyone is kind enough to give their opinion. Looking to buy a new monitor, debated over some of the 29" 2560x1080 ultra wide screens, but then throught a 27" 2560x1440 would be best for gaming (comments welcome). I have read a number of the posts about the QNIX QX2710 monitor and recently saw one on eBay that took my interest, in large because of the price: eBay Link Can anyone give there opinion on this, suitable for the avaerage gamer? Would i...
Out of curiosity, what is a "blower"?
So it turns out when buying from China you dont always get what you pay for. The device was advertised as having a quad 1.8GHz CPU and 1080p capable. However, been a RK3188 core i find out now that they have a maximum speed of 1.6GHz and the one i recieved is just 1.416GHz. Although the speed difference is not noticable the fact that it is only 720p is, especially on a 50" plasma. Of course the cost of returning this to China is in fact more than i paid for it and so looks...
I would say not im afraid. Shame. The length of my graphics card was the reason for having to get the Elite 130.
Good idea, i haven't tested this before but will once i receive my new one, from China.So i have just received my new device, whilst i am to yet to have much of a play i came accross and issue i have not seen before, where the android Store would not work, nor could i visit www.play.google.com.Turns out that if the date and time are wrong you will encounter this issue and even though the device was set to automatically update the date and time it wasn't correct. Just...
Although this thread has not proven popular, i thought i would still share a recent purchase of a new Android TV, the MK809 III, with RK3188 Quad Core, 2GB RAM and 8GB ROM. For about £35 delivered (eBay), from China of course, i felt this was a great price for what you get. Three reasons for buying this were; The high specifications for price. 100% compatable with XBMC. Can be powered from the TV so will switch on/off when the TV does. I may write a bit more once i...
Spec's are nothing my friend without a stated purpose. I am sure for most things such a system would be fine.I think the front fan is intended for an intake, but i prefer to use it as an exhaust myself.I find this results in less dust collecting indide the case and inproves air circulation, in my setup.
Thanks for that. Looks like you have certainly put some thought and hours into that build. I don't have anywhere near the amount of hardware in mine as you do but even i am struggling to find homes for all my drives.