Posts by Sam OCX

Majority of chips wouldn't bench 4500 1.25V on air, best ones will run under 1.15V. You shouldn't expect to run/heavy bench these chips at 5GHz on air/water because of pure heat.
Had 11pcs 5960X and ~15pcs 5820/5930K to test. Octacores went generally better than hexacores on both core and IMC clocks, but it could have also depended on the batches.
X99 isn't really made for XP, you can only use ~1.9GB with XP-32. Because CPU-Z with all options enabled takes about a minute to open (per instance), you have to modify the .ini file to make it faster, hence the readout.Settings that I show will also pass pretty much any 2D benchmark out there. Memory doesn't affect performance too much, you gain more from NB clock (sometimes even more than from CPU clock, per MHz).
2800+ rated kits are absolutely useless for benching as they're based on Hynix MFR chips, which are good for raw clocks but not performance. The best DDR3 kits for Haswell benching are to be based on either PSC X-series or Samsung 2Gbit revision D. You're not too likely to find good PSC for a sane price, but decent Samsung you can still get brand new via 2400C9 and 2600C10 models of TridentX. I would go for that.
4x8GB Micron D9RGQ results (OEM sticks, completely unbinned) DDR4-2666: DDR4-3000: DDR4-3333:
3000C15 review sets are Hynix MFR
PSC 1400 air on M7G: Had to use G3258 for these runs. Same settings with 4770K will need about 0.02V more, but voltage hole at 1400 drops like an anvil from 1.90 onwards.
I'm not too sure if CL8 on DDR4 is real. JEDEC says that CL9 is mininal. I've also been running CL6, CL7 and CL8 on early to BIOS to find out that those clock and perform exactly the same as "double digit CL" on newer BIOS.
No, (week)x4xx... in SN means Hynix.Samsung is not even ready yet. There will only be two ICs on launchday kits - Micron on Crucials and Hynix everywhere else.
I can't see any basis for DDR4 being twice as fast as DDR3 at same frequency/timings. If anything, it's likely to be slower since DDR4 will only exist in 4Gbit+ densities that require some subtimings to be very loose.Let's say they went a bit too ambitious with some of the specs and Intel's lack of flexibility does not make life any easier for the memory makers.