Posts by Sam OCX

Given what D-die and E-die can/cannot do, I would not ever expect E-die on anything below 3866C19 spec-wise.
Some more results from Samsung E-die. 1800MHz CL10 boots but would need more than 2.20V (which is max of what I can set).
There is also a 2x16GB version announced and no 2x4GB version present. This gives a strong hint that Geil are using (or were planning to use) 8Gbit memory chips on both 2x8GB (single-sided) and 2x16GB (dual-sided) versions.
Geil 3000 13-13-13 have been listed in EU since early June, but in 3.5 months not a single kit was actually available for purchase. Given that these kits are listed as 2x16GB capacity, I'd assume that they're made using 8Gbit memory chips, so chip manufacturer and model is anybody's guess. The 3000C14 version should be nothing special, Corsair have been making this spec for a while now and G.Skill's 3200 15-15-15 spec is actually much harder to achieve.
I'm not sure if AFR will take the retail by storm. Borrowed an ES kit for a few days and it seems that these chips have an inferior MHz/volt scaling at higher CL latencies (CL14+) making Samsung a more favourable option in the ~1.35V range. (unless, of course, pricing or availability of Samsung goes to ****).
Got to test the some Micron on Skylake. I don't know if it's the platform or the kit, but I have a massive difference in tRCD and tRP between SuperPI 32M and HCI Memtest stability.
Tested the 2x8GB 2133C14 version on Skylake recently. The best timings that I can get HCI-stable at 1500 and 1600: ... and some SuperPI 32M "binning" runs.
Micron D9RGx is no good. These chips don't scale above 1.45V and most of them have issues even with 1500MHz (DDR4-3000).
DS Hynix are not faster on Skylake, and much harder to clock. The temperature readout might actually be true. If you use a probe at the backside of the CPU, you'll see ~60c delta between that and the pot base temp. Who knows what temps are actually inside the CPU under heavy load.
Got to have a very good IMC for that. I've been through 13 5960X chips and none of them were capable of pulling HCI above 1666. The one I currently have won't even do 1666 32M in quad channel.First try of the new platform: