Posts by Sam OCX

That's why you need to find the correct stick order.Pick settings that all sticks can pass in single but not in quad (using random order). Pick the weakest stick and put it in the slot nearest to IO (channel A). Out of 3 remaining sticks, pick one adding which you remain stable in dual channel. Then move to selecting between 2 sticks for triple channel, etc.For DDR4 this is normal. Even low, I would say. I've seen bigger variation from best to worst module on all DDR4 kits...
Speed bins are roughly equivalent. I'd go for 2133C11 Vengeance primarily because of $30 lower price.
3000C15 week 1447 not too good: no way to make 1500 CL11 even POST
According to SN the sticks are actually Samsung-based. Given OC numbers I'd say that sticks are 2Gbit D-rev. You can try setting tRFC to 128, tRRD / tRTP / tWTR to 4 or 5 and tWCL to 6. If it works out then there's not much more that you can do.
Is Samsung really faster despite the looser timings or there's some other factor that slows Hynix's run down?
Yes, for some reason you can't run manual tWRWR_dr and tRDWRs at the same time with this BIOS.
an interesting 2133C9 Trident stick
Answering the original question: lower- and higher-rated models on the same lineup need not be based on the same memory chips, hence a lower-rated version need not run the specs of a higher-rated model.
All "low voltage" (1.20 and 1.35V rated) DDR3 uses the same chips as they put on "normal" (1.50 and 1.65V rated) kits so raising voltage is a safety non-issue. However, if you need to do it for your kit to do spec, it can serve as a reason to RMA.
Outside of Crucial/Micron, everyone is currently using the same model of Hynix chips. Kingston have just taken an advantage and binned their sticks for lower timings.