Posts by doomlord52

Pretty much. It also depends on the setup. At the ~3.5ft from me to my 24" 1080p screen, it's incredibly easy to tell if it's sub-1080p. Similarly, in some games (CSGO), it's also very easy to tell if the FPS is below 60. Realistically, i'd probably be willing to bet a fair amount on a blind or even double blind test, using CSGO, a VG248QE and about a 4ft viewing distance. There's just no way I wouldn't be able to tell within 10 seconds (provided I can actually play the...
I'm ok with this, provided I can get rid of the space-hungry tiles and replace them with just the program icons & name (i.e. Windows 7 start bar).
Well yea, that's my point. Why invest in some crazy tech to beat an opponent the current systems can already handle? It's pretty much the exact opposite if what Germany did in the early 90s. In reaction to the Soviet tanks of the time, they started designing a 140mm version of the Leopard 2 (up from 120). However, with the collapse of the USSR (and with testing showing that the 120/L55 was already enough), the plans were scrapped because there simply wasn't a need for the...
Yea, it's not really surprising. What IS surprising is that mods moved this to OT, when it's clearly tech news. I guess we wouldn't want to have any "controversial" news on the public front page /edit Moved back to tech news, and it was originally a mistake moving it to OT.
I.... don't get the point of this. It's (basically) a super high-power "dumb" weapon - once it's fired, you can't continue to aim it. So, let's break this thing down: 1. It can only hit targets within 100nmi. 2. It's trajectory can't be changed after it's fired. 3. To travel 100nmi, it should take about 51 seconds So, if it's a very small target (say, a gunboat), it's completely useless, as it won't be where you want it to be 51 seconds later. It's also got far more...
So a game which really didn't set out to push any graphical boundaries looks about the same (ignoring asset loading speed, FPS, AA, etc.) on all platforms. Wow. I totally didn't expect that If this was a game that actually set out to look amazing and set some kind of graphical benchmark, it would be interesting.
So it's happening on two entirely different systems using entirely different hardware through entirely different output systems (i.e. headphones), and the only way to fix it (in all cases) is to reverse the channels.... Yea, that's you. Not the system. At least that's the only thing that makes any sense. In the sound blaster control panel, if you set the speaker config to "headphones" and then go into the headphones control panel, there's a "test" button. That basically...
I got into the beta a while ago, and it was pretty laggy (RU servers only) and pretty bad in performance (no SLI support, insane GPU usage for no reason). Has it really improved that much?
Honestly, the only game(s) like Skyrim out there are other Elder Scrolls games. If you're just looking for an RPG with tons of content (but not necessarily a massive map), I would recommend looking at Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age: Origins.
That's what happens when a PC exclusive (and a game that only WORKED on PC) moves to console. 360/PS3 just weren't capable of living up to C1.