Posts by doomlord52

So my ping decided to triple itself (from ~20 to 61) and now I can't awp. Great.
So, just a heads up of stuff from the DayZ Sub-reddit. 1. There is a separate PC and PS4 team. They share certain results (like x64 servers, which were done by the PS4 group for some reason). However, the PS4 group is supposedly new. 2. Apparently, the push for multi-plat gives them more money. This is good for everyone (obvious reasons). Some of the stuff PC players can look forward to because of this is the "new" engine, DX10/11, better optimization, etc. Current DayZ...
From the wall (i.e. including monitors, etc.) it pulls about 250w doing nothing. Back when I had two 570s (now just one - other one died), it could pull about 500-600w when gaming.
My bet is that it was the original engine. It would be like trying to port ARMA2/3 to console - you couldn't do it because the engine is simply so bad (insanely CPU heavy). Now that they've fixed most of the engine, it might actually be possible. Regardless, I'm betting sub-1080p, 30fps.
sourceQuoted whole thing because it's short right now (announced less than 1hr ago).I can't say I'm that surprised, but this early is... interesting. Right now the game still runs extremely poorly, which means they must have a LOT of expectations for that new engine update. Also, won't this compete directly with Sony's H1Z1?
Yea, started the 'trial' yesterday. It's not a bad game... it's just not very good. None of the maps make me say "wow, I want to play that again", like Valparaiso or Isla Inocentes from BC2 or Camp Gib from 2142. Every map had glaring flaws that made me think "wow, really?". Similarly, all the weapons are just so incredibly meh. It's kind of fun to play with a group, but that's about it. After an hour or so, I was very tired of it and stopped playing. I might try again in...
I mean... it doesn't look horrible? Graphics are OK, game-play seems OK (are they trying for some watered-down, quake-style game-play with that jetpack?).... it's nothing amazing, but I didn't immediately close the trailer due to it looking horrendous.
I really want to know why MS does these things. Surface has lost 1.7bn (never made any money) and Xbox has almost never made money. Why do they keep them? How do they explain this to investors? "XYZ has exclusively lost money for two years straight... but next year will be better!". Seriously, I don't get it. Things like Surface were a nice try, but a financial failure with little to no prospect of becoming successful. Same goes for Xbox: it is hugely popular, but doesn't...
Started playing again a few days ago, and just stopped. I've been killed by guys inside the ATC walls (i.e. cheating) at NEAF twice now. I can't believe that such a basic exploit is still in the game after 8 months. Oh well, maybe it will be good in another 8... That combined with the zombies being even worse now (they can hit you 20ft away on a 50ms ping server), the UI being generally unresponsive (pressing hotbar keys not doing anything) just really makes the game...
Obviously I was talking about income, not net profits. Anyway, this gen is (supposedly) sold at-profit ($28/unity for XO, $18/unity for PS4), unlike last gen which was initially sold at a loss. As for Live, yes, it costs money to run, but I can't believe that its at-cost or below. I think the real reason for talk of consoles becoming extinct is because of the insanely illogical system it revolves around - especially this gen. It's entirely possible to build a desktop, or...