Posts by Bit_reaper

Well yeah. I'm currently driving an 96 Probe and its the newest car I have ever owned. I'm just saying that eventually even thous cars will give out even if you take good care of them (body rust being one of the main killers) and at that point you can either buy an newer car or not drive at all.
Well Dust is obviously an issue but temps will also me determined by how well ventilated the case is and what cooler you are running. With the Cooling-Cooler Master V8 cooler you can probably get something like 3,6 GHz without the temps getting to bad but this does require you to properly setup the voltages by hand. If you want to push above that you are going to need a better cooler. 4.0 GHz and beyond is water cooler territory, Start by reading this guide. It should...
Which is why I'm with horror waiting for the day when I have to buy an car made after the 90's. In all honesty I'm expecting there to be an actual "lost generation" of cars. I mean cars made pre 2000 could reasonably well me maintained into very high mileage and very ripe ages. Newer cars however have far more fragile electronics which make long term maintenance hard and expensive making them more likely to get scrapped earlier.
Somehow I have the feeling that "kids" games aren't what they used to be. When I was 5-6 I played mostly platformers Like mario on the NES and megaman on the SNES. 7 and up I played pretty much everything and anything. Wing commander, Mortal kombat ( ) Red alert ect. ect. So yeah, I'd look into some side scrolling platformer and in a few years it wont matter much. As for something specific? I do know. Metal Slug? perhaps a bit violent for that age. JumpJet Rex,...
Fair enough. The point is though that It should be reasonably price in general and not just when Microcenter happens to have an good sale. The 2011 v3 platform is quite expensive still and that is due to the price of the hexa. Like others have pointed out we have had quads for almost an decade now. Considering CPU's haven't made huge strides in core speed and we are now at 14nm I don't think its totally unreasonable to expect an mainstream hexa form Intel. Really I think...
Regional differences I guess. Over here the 5820K is priced at 466,00 € (~$500) and the cheapest X99 is 230€. I do admit that local prices here have been on the rise.As reference back when I got my rig the i7 920 cost me 260€ and the mobo 200€. As we know the 920 was the entry level for the Enthusiast 1366 platfrom.That's much cheaper is what I want the entry level hexa to be.Edit: Also where did you get that price for the 5820K? Its $384.99 at new egg isn't it.
So lets break down that searchasus strix gtx 970Yeah it whines when its running pass mark and rendering +5000 FPS and its an none reference PCD design. If it only whines under abnormal FPS conditions I don't consider it an issue.EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX, a non-reference design (unknown running conditions)MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G again none-reference design and unknown running conditions.geforce-gtx-970-g1-gaming none-referenceEVGA GTX 970 FTW none referenceIn...
I think I'm going to keep my i7 920 for a while longer. As fast as thees are getting they aren't fast enough to justify the price of the upgrade (man I wish I could get my hands on a cheap X5660 ). I think I'm just going to do another GPU upgrade (again).
This is definitely a good thing and will cut down the miss use of accounts by a good margin I reckon.
You know what is really funny? After reading up on the falcon it turns out SpaceX actually did try to water land the falcon 9 before ditching that idea in favor of an powered landing.So basically they tired it and it didn't work.