Posts by Bit_reaper

Is that 35 minimum FPS or avrege? Because that an huge difference. CD project is stating that they don't want to miss lead people with the spec and that it will truly run well if the recommended spec is met. We will get exact numbers once the game is out. I can't really blame the devs for being conservative with their optimization estimates.Also PC has lots of overhead as far as the CPU utilization is concerned. A lot of this has to do with how the OS and drivers work so...
Youtube video compression ruins any and all texture sharpness. Personally I think it looks quite good. It is open world and that does put some limitations on what can be done in terms of environment detail. One of the things that caught my eye was the shadow pop in/draw distance but on the other hand the character models are truly fantastic.Has the graphics been down graded? Hard to say. I would personally say no. Most of what was shown at E3 was either very short jump...
What did you before it started responding? Does it actually display colors on the screen when you push d+power? What a if you now try fn+power?
I would not recommend trying to boot it without any kind of heat sink it would probably just overheat and turn off. I would try starting it without the LVDS connected just to rule out the LCD assembly as an possible fault. You could also try and disconnect the battery and do a power drain just in case its the bios that got stuck (keep the power button pressed down for 10-15 with the AC and battery disconnected).
That doesn't sound good at all. If d+power fails then it would indicate that the LCD panel is not getting power at all and the fact that it does not react to fn+power would strongly suggest that either the mobo is faulty or 1 of the part connected to it are shorting out.You could try to disassemble it and try a minimal parts for post but then again if you still have warranty left you might be better off calling dells support and see if they are willing to take it in for...
YES, YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS I'v been waiting for Homeworld 3 for about 10 years so any signs of life for the franchise is huge and Homeworld 1 with updated graphics and proper online support is going to sweet. I'l just have to wait and see if is done properly. Gearbox don't you dear screw this up
Dell laptops have an built in LCD test. Run it by pressing D+power button when the system is off. If you get nothing on the screen now you probably have an faulty LCD panel or the LVDS (the lcd cable) is faulty or not properly connected. If you have an external screen its worth testing if it works. There is also an more extensive hardware test that can be run thats called ePSA. Its run by pressing fn+power then the system is off. Even without the screen you should still...
Its not an huge issue. Physical damage happens form power spikes (like lightning hitting an power line) not power outages. The only real risk is data corruption as power outages can cause data integrity issues.
Yes even at stock speed the 4770k is a decent amount faster then your OC'd 920. With an over clock the 4770k leaps and bounds faster. That said if you are looking for gaming performance then upgrading form that 5700 radeon will net you a far bigger FPS boost.
That actually looks pretty decent. Once the tech preview is out I might throw it on my old laptop.