Posts by Bit_reaper

IE supports 1080p as does firefox when you use silverlight.
Yeah, that's what I sometimes do with youtube videos. It doesn't work with netflix because the content is protected with DRM ( Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)For anyone who is intressted --> http://www.infoworld.com/article/2614409/web-applications/netflix-set-to-abandon-silverlight-but-introduce-drm-for-web-video.html
Yeah I though that would be common knowledge here (no offence intended).You can check the feed info with ctrl+alt+shift + DThere is some DRM bullcrap reasoning for it. HTML 5 (what chrome uses for playback) is perfectly capable for 1080p from an technical standpoint.
So I'm pretty annoyed that Netflix still does not allow more then 720p in chrome and if you are running silverlight (in firefox or IE) that allows 1080p streams then there are no plugins that enable you to correct the double boxing that happens when you watch a cinemascope 21:9 movie on an 21:9 monitor This is a call out to anyone that has come up with any kind of workaround for this. I doubt there are any plugins but I'm thinking there might be some desktop zoom...
Personally I have had my CM storm with brown cherrys for over an year and I still love it. On the subject of rubber dome keyboards I have found that the quality swings wildly and generally has very little to do with the price of the said keyboard. For example the Logitech G15 had one of the most horrible and musshy keys I have ever had the displeasure of using while one of the nicest and snappy domes I'v used was an old boxed HP keyboard. With cherry switches you...
I think it really good that Nintendo is launching a new system this year. The Wii U sucked and really 4 years isn't that bad for a game console. Hopefully they will do this the smart way an design something that is at least somewhat more capable then the PS4. An more powerful system will attract more 3rd party developers and ports meaning a far more fleshed out games library. It will also make sony and M$ less likely to sit on their but the next 7 years milking their...
Well yeah but 8.0 and 8.1 are hardly different OS's. 8.1 is essentially just 8 with an service pack. I don't see anyone wanting to use Windows 7 without SP1 either.
That's entirely dependent on the pixel density of the monitor, the game engine in question ect. For example if you are running a 4k 32" then an dab of FXAA is all you really need. On the flip side if you are running 1080p on an 27" and have GPU umph to spare then crank up that SSAA as that gives you the best quality. Then there is the question of game engine. Sure if the engine fully supports it then MSAA does offer an pretty nice balance between smoothing and...
I have always been and always will be heavily anti DRM but one thing that would be nice is that companies like Ubisoft would no longer be able to justify their poor sales by claiming that their games are being pirated
Well its entirely possible that they to will be sued, that is unless they haven already been contacted by paramount (hey they might even have worked out some kind of agreement).What I do think would be kind of improper is to allow fans to make fan film but only as long as they are poorly made It should not be about the quality, it should be about the money (never though I'd type out that sentence )