Posts by Bit_reaper

Making Windows open source would kill it almost overnight as it would enable people to port over its libraries/features over to linux. The only thing keeping windows going is its proprietary nature as it keeps users restricted to their platform and limits cross platform comparability.
Interesting, the fact that AMD has an press release about it does lend it some credibility but I'v got a sneaky suspicion that it will still suffer form the same issues as thees type of services always suffer form, to high latency and image quality issues in the form of video stream compression artifacts. But really unless someone tires it and reports back there is no way to know. The last part about "regardless of your local internet connection" does sound a bit like...
Well aside form the obvious lack of expansion ports I always felt that the biggest short coming of the Mac Trash Can was the fact that there was no dual socket variant. Due to that the people wanting/needing a serious CPU work horse where far better off looking at "real" workstations. Not that thous where cheaper by any stretch, a slightly tricked up HP z840 series will set you back well over 10k.Workstations are expensive. Really expensive. A single good Quadro card can...
Essentially this illustrates the need for Apple to speed up their product cycle or they will not be able to stay competitive.
Well generally speaking the newer the hardware the more reliably it works/worked with Win 10 aside of the early black screen bug.On Skylake and newer its fine.Personally I'm sticking with Win 7 as long as I can though I might have to upgrade when I build a Ryzen system.
Not an bad upgraded but in therms of gaming the GPU is by far the thing that is holding you back the most.Issue is that Dell does not use standard ATX PSU's and even their 800W PSU's do not have that much power for the PCI-E aux power cords (there power is meant for dual socket setups).So your challenge will be to find something with decent speed while saying withing a limited power restrictions.Perhaps something like an GTX 1060 would work.
Exactly. No performance benefit at all and copper blocks even when oxidized works just the same. Nickel plating is meant to look nice but at the same time introduce a slight risk of flaking which in turn can cause other issues like clogged canals or pump bearing/rotor damage.Its a very minor risk but still one that need not be taken.
Depends on your country and the shop in question. Manufactures warranties are usually international but you could also try just contacting the store you bough it form and see what they say.In order to get in contact with EK --> https://www.ekwb.com/customer-care/
Yes it will be a problem. If its sill in its warranty period contact EK. This is the reason why I would never buy anything but plain copper blocks.
Well yeah of course. A solid frame rate is the back bone of a good experience. I wasn't even getting in to frame dropping and frame time shifting due to v-sync ect. ect.But on the subject of film its also pretty important to remember that professional cinematographers do use a lot of tricks to make 24fps look good. There are things like not panning to quickly , adjusting the shutter angle as well as just the fact that not everything works "on camera".I remember for...