Posts by Bit_reaper

Yeah. I don't think getting one strait from an shop would make any difference. They are like this from factory and most of them would be considered in spec to boot due to the measuring devices not extending out to the corners (they are round most of the time).The sad truth is that high end panels have taken an step back in quality due their attempts to cut cost.
That is actually a very common issue with current gen monitors. Its a crappy IPS panel type that is nearly every where. LG, Dell, Asus ect all use the tech and the nasty thing a bout is is that its very susceptible to pressure haloing (you know how IPS panels start to glow is you for example push with your finger on it). Due to this any small imperfections in the mounting will cause it to light up in the corners due to the mounting points.
Its not up to google. Chrome is completely capable of streaming 1080p and beyond using HTLM5 which netflix and youtube use. The issue lays with the rights holders and their stupid DRM bull crap. They don't want the high quality stuff to be streamed on an "weeker" security as it could be copied
I would like to say Guildwars 2 but in the end that game has 2 many issues. Wildstar seemed OK form what little i played as did Tera, I actually like Tera more then GW 2 and wildstar even if its pretty old school and grindy. That said even though I haven played WoW for a very long time I would still wager it is still the best MMO if you want something that is like, well like wow was back in 2004.
Well hopefully if they spent less time tinkering with the graphics we will have better fleshed out mechanics. Civ 5 was great in many ways but its diplomacy always kind of sucked.
IE supports 1080p as does firefox when you use silverlight.
Yeah, that's what I sometimes do with youtube videos. It doesn't work with netflix because the content is protected with DRM ( Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)For anyone who is intressted --> http://www.infoworld.com/article/2614409/web-applications/netflix-set-to-abandon-silverlight-but-introduce-drm-for-web-video.html
Yeah I though that would be common knowledge here (no offence intended).You can check the feed info with ctrl+alt+shift + DThere is some DRM bullcrap reasoning for it. HTML 5 (what chrome uses for playback) is perfectly capable for 1080p from an technical standpoint.
So I'm pretty annoyed that Netflix still does not allow more then 720p in chrome and if you are running silverlight (in firefox or IE) that allows 1080p streams then there are no plugins that enable you to correct the double boxing that happens when you watch a cinemascope 21:9 movie on an 21:9 monitor This is a call out to anyone that has come up with any kind of workaround for this. I doubt there are any plugins but I'm thinking there might be some desktop zoom...
Personally I have had my CM storm with brown cherrys for over an year and I still love it. On the subject of rubber dome keyboards I have found that the quality swings wildly and generally has very little to do with the price of the said keyboard. For example the Logitech G15 had one of the most horrible and musshy keys I have ever had the displeasure of using while one of the nicest and snappy domes I'v used was an old boxed HP keyboard. With cherry switches you...