Posts by Bit_reaper

More then anything I just feel sorry for the rest of the dev team. Having a down right their company ruined like this due to one mans stupidity is got to suck big time.
Finally Dark souls GFWL is dead edition I might just to wrap up DS2 and go and have another spin with 1
Its might be. If you haven't already you should make an back up of everything while you still can. After that you can do some more testing to try and figure out if its indeed the HDD that is causing the issues.
For playing at 1080p downsampling from 3200x1800 gives a pretty good balance of performance and IQ (this would be pretty similar to running 2xSSAA).If your GPU can't handle that then you can always go for the 1080p to 1080p. In that case I would also recommend changing scalingType to bicubic. As and side note it think its good to mention that I was having some odd FPS dips and this was fixed by setting presentInterval 0 in GeDoSaTo and enabling Vsync from the nvidia...
Sure porting over an console only game can be quite tricky due to the difference in OS as some libraries for example might only run in a specific OS. But once you get the base runtime ported over and working the heavy lifting is done. Things like frame rate, resolution, texture quality, draw distance has very little to do with the OS and everything to do with how the game engine is configured.An good game engine should not have stupid things like physics or Controller/KG...
What the hell version of FF VII did you play At least when I played it on PS1 it ran at interlaced 50FPS and I don't recall it slowing down often if ever (being in europe it was pal) in the US it should have ran 60FPS interlaced. That said I never ran the PC version (I have played the PS1 verison emulated on PC though).
Hard to say form the pics. It could be plaster mixed with oxidize copper. I would do a complete tear down and inspect the blocks and rad
You have to look at total performance as well as core count. An 2500k is over all much faster then an FX-6100 in fact an 2500k isn't much behind the total performance of an FX-8350. Then there is the issue of multi-threading. 1 strong core is almost always preferable to 2 week ones. If Intel and AMD could make fast enough single core CPU they would not bother with multicore design as that always introduces scaling issues. In general there are still lots of recent games...
Chill man. I totally agree with you. Its an lazy port no mater how you look at it. I was just pointing out that the argument Dyson was making made no sense as this game was never developed for x86 or GCN and hence does not fall under the "its easier to port form the new consoles" thing.
Anyone figured out how to just get it to 1080p with no down sampling. While 3200x1800@60 to 1080p looks real nice but my system can't handle it so I'm looking to do just plain old 1080p. Thing is though if I set it to 1920x1080@60 to 1920x1080 the performance just tanks and there seems to be some scaling artifacts.