Posts by anime513

Strange, when using that setting the distortion is reduced although still present. Definitely not that bad on my HTPC which was bothering me the most. Using some of the lower frequencies produces a more apparent sound. I borrowed a friend's laptop (HP Envy 6z) which uses some sort of Beats Audio and was able to reproduce the issue. However, it's inaudible at lower volumes due to the poor quality of the speakers.
Seems that if I adjust the volume during a video the distortion is extremely faint and hard to notice. It's more obvious during a quiet scene with practically no sound. Just to clarify, if I adjust the volume using a keyboard or a remote there's no issue. It's specifically when I drag the slider with the mouse and Windows produces the default beep sound.
My bad, I meant the onboard audio. It might just be a glitch in Windows since I never have this issue during games or movies.
Never when adjusting the knob on the speakers, only within Windows. This is more obvious on my setups which use bookshelf speakers paired with an amp. However, I can still reproduce it on some cheap Logitech PC speakers. All I have to do is keep clicking on the same spot on the volume slider. The same thing can be reproduced by testing default beep in system sounds. The sound itself is kind of hard to describe as it varies slightly on each setup, but it is definitely some...
On all my builds which use a Realtek card I've noticed the same issue. Occasionally my speakers will produce a popping or static noise when adjusting the volume. This issue can always be recreated by mashing the volume slider. This issue is most apparent on my HTPC setup which is hooked up to an AVR. I've never noticed it during normal usage, so I've been wondering if this is just an issue with the default beep in Windows. Any ideas?
Quick question, I decided to add a 660 to my HTPC which uses a Node 304. I am using the same SilverStone Strider PSU commonly found in these builds. I was able to get the GPU to fit, but it is slightly tilted due to the pressure coming from the 24 pin connector at the end. Is this no big deal, or should I be trying to get the card to fit without any wires from the PSU touching?
Basically I have some stereo speakers hooked up to a dac/amp that go to my HTPC. The biggest issue I'm having is that when playing movies, the dialogue is extremely quiet while everything else is very loud. I tried using Windows built in Loudness Equalization feature which actually works quiet well for movies. However, I've noticed some slight distortion in certain scenes. It's usually obvious in scenes with louder dialogue. Basically, I'm looking for an alternative to...
Basically I bought this laptop last year for college. It was lightweight and a good deal with the A10 upgrade. Today, of course a couple weeks past the warranty's last day, the hinge just snapped out of the bezel. Basically everything is intact and fully functioning, but now I have this fragile computer with the internal hinge sticking out. This is all from just normal usage - opening and closing the laptop. I honestly have no clue how to approach this. Should I try to fix...
I'm having the hardest time figuring how exactly to to set up quality audio for my S60. We already have a home theater and a separate TV using expensive AVRs. This TV is setup up in a bedroom purely for casual watching. Such an expensive AVR setup would be waste of money. Basically I have an old pair of Pioneer BS22 that I want to use with the TV. This is my first time dealing with an optical out. I'm considering buying a FiiO D3, which would act as a DAC and connect to...
Actually, I noted that if I turn the TV off and on when the sound is distorted the issue is also resolved. It might be a setting on my TV I need to configure, but I have no clue what.