Posts by Doc_Gonzo

I've moved my 3570K, 3770k, and G860 over to WCG. I'm running the Mapping Cancer Markers project as I have family members with the disease and who have died from it. Is there a project that gives more points that any other that I can run for the challenge? I'll move the X5650's over later
I haven't run WCG for a long time. I seem to remember there being a few different sub-projects? Is there any particular sub-project to run that gets more points than the others?
Tempting I don't think I could afford to run it though! I have two constraints - my electricity bill. . . . . and my girlfriend I can swing a 12 core Xeon system as an upgrade to my main rig which is situated in the living room and also acts as a media server.I have 2 computers in the spare room (and she's pretty annoyed about those!!) and the Z600 in my bedroom. I was told that if another desktop appears, she would hit me over the head with it!!!I got away with the Z600...
And I'm about to lose, or already have lost, my top spot in the UK Hopefully the other guy will get bored and move onto a different project!I'll be better placed to fight off competition when I get something like a 12 core Xeon E5-2680V3, X99 board and DDR4 RAM sorted out
The DENIS server is out of work again. Let's see how long it takes them to get it back online again. . . .
Congrats - that's a huge achievement
So the fact that the stepping of the ES CPU's are different to the one listed as supported by the motherboard BIOS, makes no difference? (just being sure!)I'm sorry if I gave the impression that these were unlocked Xeons, they are not. I'm just interested in them for sheer core count and have no intention of overclocking them. Yes, I know it's OCN, lol. I just want it for CPU projects with BOINC.@ Seid Dark - Interesting - thanks!
Hello everyone, I'm hoping that someone can help me. I'm putting together a new build and I'm a bit out of touch with the latest tech. However, I'm about to delve into something that I was never familiar with anyway. A friend has offered me an 'ES' series Xeon CPU. He has a few but can't help with my question. The CPU's he has are all of the socket 2011 V3 variety and I need to know what motherboard to buy in order to get one to work. I have checked various motherboard's...
Yes, DENIS is back to normal! Pretty miffed that it got sorted about 10 minutes after I turned my computers off and went to bed. . . . . . sods law!
It looks like the DENIS server is out of work. I've got two computers about to run out of work units