Posts by Microx256

Neither of those need pagefile. I assume you are either having somewhat little ram (windows tends to throw stuff to pagefile even if you have lots of unused ram), or using up nearly all of your ram, or otherwise having something else affecting the results. Try disabling your pagefile to see what I mean. Also, the minimum FPS does not mean anything. Even when a random solar ray happens to fly from the Sun through your computer may trigger enough randomness to drop your...
Sounds like a weird corruption, most probably either windows itself, your RAM, or your SSD/HDD. I'd start off with testing your SSD/HDD where your OS is installed on, since this is easiest to do. One good tool for this is HDtune (free version is enough). If your SSD/HDD appears to be fine, next thing would be testing your ram, you can use the windows builtin memory testing tool for this.
This. I personally do both; in case the OS drive dies, I can just throw the image to another hard disk or directly to a permanent replacement disk with dd and have the system up and running with minimal delay, but also use the rsync for "regular backups". This, however, only backs up the files, and not a "full bootable system", but the advantage in this is that I got each file individually backed up, so restoring is easy in case I mess up some particular file or folder,...
If you have basic knowledge of Linux, or have time and will to spend a little time learning new stuff, building a simple homeserver is cheap. That's basically how I started; You can get some old computer with a relatively old Singlecore or even Dualcore processor and 512MB-2GB of ram and install Linux on it. My first homeserver was a singlecore 1.8Ghz AMD Sempron with 512MB ram, which cost me 10 euro back in the days many years back, and it was sufficient for 100MB/s...
Well, I'd turn off the NAT temporally to test if it has any difference in the speeds. Also, getting a real NAS box or a little homeserver if you like to fiddle around with other things too like hosting stuff (web servers or game servers, etc) would definitely offer better performance with network storage, since you can remove the USB from between, and plug the drives in directly (USB external HDD's have usually just regular SATA drives inside them).Especially if you use...
Yeah, it could be, only way to find out is to try it. My parents have a Zyxel ADSL modem/router, having NAT enabled nearly halves the connection speeds and causes a lot of instability when there's a lot of load, because the router doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the NAT stuff. In Bridged mode the connections are fast and stable.
Googled a little, and it seems you are not the only one getting around 5MB/s usb speeds on those devices. I saw a benchmark where the R7000 got 30MB/s speeds on usb3 devices, so at least the R7000 should do better than what you are currently experiencing.Though, "raw speeds" of 'only' 30-50MB/s might be a limiting factor here, since the router might do all sorts of weird stuff when reading/writing. For example, computer requests data -> router reads data from hdd to its...
If you see your files in the 'Network' section in windows explorer and/or have used "Map network drive" to get the shares to appear something like this (letters G to X), then you are using the windows shares, which should not be the problem, since for me it works perfectly. If you are using some other software for some other protocols, for example ExpanDrive for ftp/sftp, (letters Y and Z in the previous screenshot), that might be the problem. I believe you are using the...
So you are using external (usb?) HDD's? are these usb2 or usb3? Because if either the HDD's or the device where they are connected to are usb2 (or even usb 1.1), that's your problem. Also, you didn't mention if you use windows shares (samba), ftp, sftp, or some other protocol for the copying, because as I mentioned earlier, this makes a difference too.Also, if the HDD's connected to the router(s) are indeed USB, try plugging them in directly to your computer and see if you...
Too many intakes. I'd switch the three fans on top to blow outwards. In general, back & top for out, and bottom & front for intake, and in most cases, side fans as intake too.