Posts by Microx256

Did you find a fix for the windows getting thrown around, or just the icons? Mind sharing the fix?
Are you using displayport for some of the displays by any chance? If so, that's a "feature", as DP displays act as plug-and-play devices, which means they get "disabled" or "disconnected" when they turn off, which again causes Windows to change the desktop layout and throwing the icons all around. There are some workarounds to this but they are quite specific to certain setups. Edit: Looking at your rig, you seem to be running 4k screens through a nvidia card on a similar...
In Java, the != and == operators test for references when dealing with objects like String, like pointed out by tom.slick a few posts back. When dealing with primitives like int and float, the != and == operators test with the equality more or less. So the only way to properly test if two strings "contain the same text" is by using the .equals() method, or alternatively the .equalsIgnoreCase() method if you want to perform a case-insensitive check for equality. So for...
WD Blue drives are more of "general use drives" where as WD Green are aimed for cool and quiet data storage. So for your use I'd recommend WD Green, as it is quieter and cooler due to the lower RPM, which also means it's going to be slightly slower than an equal WD Blue, but for storage use only that shouldn't be an issue.
RAID-1 is good for that, my main HDDs are in a RAID-6 array (hardware controller), but my backups are on a RAID-1 array (software raid) just for that reason. And as I mentioned, if you use hardware raid, it depends on the controller where and how it stores the array information, which can mean you need a similar controller to read the actual array. Software raid don't have such "problem", since the implementation is the same regardless of the computer/controller (well, the...
Sigh! Again one of those who don't read the original post. The OP is asking about RAID1 for backups, not as backup.And on topic: Yes, the data is accessible on another computer if you move a HDD there. However, it depends on the RAID controller how and where they store the array data. For this reason I recommend software RAID-1 (Mirrored volume), which is readable on other computers for sure.
the edges of the panel (top and bottom of display, left and right when in portrait) are not in 90 degree angle, so the shift to the next monitor is a jump.ie. if the center of all of the monitors are in exact 90 degree angle to the eye, the edges are not, so other screens edge is in something around 85 degree angle and the next screens closest edge is at 95 degree angle (this of course depends on the size of the monitors and the viewing distance).In that example the...
This, pretty much. Also it's a good idea to store the external HDD somewhere else than on your desk at your computer, because if something happens to your computer (fire, theft, flood, etc), same thing won't necessarily happen to the HDD if it's in a different place.
The "reserved partition" will eat a little space, but the biggest "space eater" is the filesystem itself, drive capacity is NOT the amount of files you can put on a drive. Edit:Oh, you meant the "space used by files" don't match up with the "Disk properties" view? In that case, it's the hidden and protected files, mostly under C:\System Volume Information\ which contains critical hidden files, recovery related and such, and tools like that space sniffer can't access that...