Posts by Microx256

Hi all, I will be putting together a new small homeserver at some point later this year, but I'm having trouble finding a case that would meet my requirements. - Preferably MicroATX sized, but ATX will do. - 6-8 easily changeable 3.5" HDD slots, preferably those that you can just "pull out" like "hotswap style" without needing to use screws while the hdd is inside the case. - Real exterior hotswap would be a big big plus, something like those 4 in the HP ProLiant...
I have an LianLi PC-A55 on its side. Not the best possible, but works nicely. I don't think I have ever seen a real horizontal full ATX case, except for Rack cases, which are usually somewhat expensive and not that stylish, but worth a look i guess.
Still waiting for Asus's bios update for the 980 the 344.80 "hotfix" drivers seemed to fix this issue for a week or so until it came back, this time I discovered reducing the maximum boost clock slightly (still using the 344.80 drivers) seems to help, haven't had any issues since, and no noticeable performance impact. I use two Asus 4k screens and a few smaller ones.
"PCI" and "PCI Express" just happen to have 3 letters in common. They are definitely not compatible with each other. The connector differ already a lot, not to mention the electrical differences.
Are you using the old Flash version of Youtube, or the new HTML5 version? Flashplayer tends to steal all mouse events to itself when the player is active, where as the HTML5 player grabs only the necessary events.
It should. I have the Vertex 4 256GB myself too, and I am getting a lot higher speeds than cookieboyeli with his drive.
Definitely. It is dying, so start backing up everything now and replace the drive. Preferably with something other than Seagate 3TB: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/
full 100%. I have IEEE 802.11ac class wireless here, and my 100Mbit internet connection is the bottleneck here. The wireless is capable of putting through hundreds of Mbps. Since you get around 30Mbps, I'd guess you have IEEE 802.11g class wireless (the router, or the device/computer, or both), since it's quite common to get around 20-40Mbps over that, depending on packet sizes and such. To achieve full 60Mbps wireless, you need something like at least IEEE 802.11n class...
Pretty much the path I took. Though, as Lady Fitzgerald said: It's recommended to "distribute" the backups of most important things around, essentially at least one offline-backup, so that malware like cryptolockers won't eat your data, and preferably at least one offsite-backup, in case of fire or burglars stealing your IT stuff. Though, I recommend "upgrading" your backup methodology gradually over time and not instantly jump to extreme backup patterns.And an example of...
Thanks everybody. Looks like I have to split into using multiple different IDE's, or jsut keep struggling with netbeans.. I'll try some of the mentioned IDE's first though. Also, visual studio is out of the question: its horrible IMO for multi platform developing..Unfortunately I haven't followed any "basics" guides because I learned the basics for C, C++, Java and Android at school (as well as using OpenGL with C++). I've learned some advanced topics like GLSL Shaders...