Posts by Microx256

This, pretty much. Also it's a good idea to store the external HDD somewhere else than on your desk at your computer, because if something happens to your computer (fire, theft, flood, etc), same thing won't necessarily happen to the HDD if it's in a different place.
The "reserved partition" will eat a little space, but the biggest "space eater" is the filesystem itself, drive capacity is NOT the amount of files you can put on a drive. Edit:Oh, you meant the "space used by files" don't match up with the "Disk properties" view? In that case, it's the hidden and protected files, mostly under C:\System Volume Information\ which contains critical hidden files, recovery related and such, and tools like that space sniffer can't access that...
It could be. Also could be some hardware starting to do some funky stuff at that time which causes that.First check devicemanager to see that you have all drivers installed (no Unknown Devices), and that all devices are working properly (no exclamation marks or so)Next thing to try could be resetting the CMOS and keeping everything at the very stock to see if this repeats still. If that don't help, try looking around in the bios looking for something event related. Some...
add a .0 to the numbers, otherwise you're performing integer-divisions. Eg. 2/3 would become 2.0/3.0
Sounds like you guys will end up creating another Windows ME
When I was around that age about 15 years ago, my first steps into the "programming world" started when my dad bought me the Lego Mindstorms robotics invention system, which contains a programmable lego brick that can control motors and react to different sensors, I built and programmed all sorts of lego robots from robots that never fall off the table to robots that could climb stairs. Though the Lego Mindstorms things (EV3 being the latest afaik) isn't cheap, and a bit...
This is what I originally thought about doing, but asked if there's and even easier way of doing it Yes, I know now that they are transferable, but does the windows stay activated if i move it to a completely different system with just same SSD and GPU, everything else changed? I hate typing the overly long product ID thing to the microsoft activator robot thingie on phone..And the latter one is exactly why I asked about the reset PC thing if the Reset PC don't really...
Oh, well, it's not an OEM key. So it's tied to the installation itself? i.e. I could just move the SSD to the other computer and it would still work?
So the situation here is a little bit uncommon I think so I'll explain the background a bit; Right now I have two windows computers, from now on referred as the Big one and the Small one. Both have their own valid Windows 8.1 licence. Currently the Big one is my "main rig", and has Windows installed on an SSD, and the Small one will be my main rig, when I receive my new CPU for it, and has the windows currently installed on a HDD. After I receive the new CPU, I will move...