Posts by Microx256

Finally! It also seems there's one for the non-strix version which I have, will try that today after work.
This is the reason I ordered an EVGA GTX980 in the first place. Though, after a few weeks of "coming soon", it turned out that EVGA couldn't supply enough GPU's to smaller resellers, so my only choice was to go for an Asus card instead, as I absolutely require a reference design GTX980 for my next build. And no, I don't want to order this expensive stuff from outside Finland.
Heads up for people with Asus cards experiencing these problems, I just had a conversation with an Asus representative who told me they are working on a vBIOS update that will fix these problems, and it's estimated to be released in 2-3 weeks.
Yes. Assuming the paste itself is intact, eg. there are no holes in the tube and dirt gotten in or so. If these things had an expiration date, we would need to replace the thermal paste in our computers regularly.
I am just pointing out that the linux's "default" ping tool is no way near the maximum you can get for flooding, especially if compared to hping/hping3. I am pointing out the poor performance of the tool, not the ICMP flooding itself. ICMP flooding is what I suggested already on my first post anyway. The default ping tool fails even to bring down my crappy cheap 10 euro "gigabit switch", where as one hping3 flood caused it to cease working completely until I stopped.
Firstly, you seem to be talking about Wired gigabit connection, not wireless, and secondly, even on a wired Gigabit, 30MB/s is awfully slow. Edit: Oh, and, the regular ping's flood option is awfully slow compared to hping/hping3 flood.
Not the best idea, since iperf attempts to measure realistic transfer maximum, which relies on waiting for responses, which again causes small pauses, as opposed to flooding without waiting for response, which is what airbase-ng can do, and what hping/hping3 does when put in flood mode.
If you want the absolute maximum of traffic, you must use something else than Windows, since Windows have some kernel-level limitations to "prevent hackers from doing bad things". On linux, there are tons of tools for things like this, for example airbase-ng, which can be used to literally flood the wifi networks. Also, just creating a ridiculous amount of regular traffic while connected to an AP shoudl work, for example, using hping/hping3 to flood ping another computer...
This.But yeah, first backup the data, either "directly" like Lord Xeb said, or create full 1:1 backup images of the hard disks (if you have space) before experimenting and/or trying to recreate the array.
Yeah, Mini-ITX is too small, unless someone can find a "real" server board that's Mini-ITX sized. The other suggestions seem all good, I'll keep them in mind, thanks!