Posts by Microx256

add a .0 to the numbers, otherwise you're performing integer-divisions. Eg. 2/3 would become 2.0/3.0
Sounds like you guys will end up creating another Windows ME
When I was around that age about 15 years ago, my first steps into the "programming world" started when my dad bought me the Lego Mindstorms robotics invention system, which contains a programmable lego brick that can control motors and react to different sensors, I built and programmed all sorts of lego robots from robots that never fall off the table to robots that could climb stairs. Though the Lego Mindstorms things (EV3 being the latest afaik) isn't cheap, and a bit...
This is what I originally thought about doing, but asked if there's and even easier way of doing it Yes, I know now that they are transferable, but does the windows stay activated if i move it to a completely different system with just same SSD and GPU, everything else changed? I hate typing the overly long product ID thing to the microsoft activator robot thingie on phone..And the latter one is exactly why I asked about the reset PC thing if the Reset PC don't really...
Oh, well, it's not an OEM key. So it's tied to the installation itself? i.e. I could just move the SSD to the other computer and it would still work?
So the situation here is a little bit uncommon I think so I'll explain the background a bit; Right now I have two windows computers, from now on referred as the Big one and the Small one. Both have their own valid Windows 8.1 licence. Currently the Big one is my "main rig", and has Windows installed on an SSD, and the Small one will be my main rig, when I receive my new CPU for it, and has the windows currently installed on a HDD. After I receive the new CPU, I will move...
No. The most limiting factor is the DP1.2 which has only enough bandwidth for 60hz on 3840x2160. DP1.3 will have sufficient bandwidth for 3840x2160 up to 240hz, but neither your GPU nor the screens support DP1.3
Well, if you want to have same resolution and same bitrate (also same size) whilst "downgrading" from mp4 to mpeg2, you will get worse quality. mpeg2 is rather old, and a lot less efficient format than mp4 (well, depending on encoding, but i'm assuming H.264). So to do this and maintain the same quality, you have to either increase the bitrate a lot (and thus the filesize), or reduce the resolution, which is not exactly "maintaining quality" but it'll reduce the...
My guess is that the drivers/windows for some reason remembered the DP1.1 state of the screen, and thus outputted only with DP1.1, even though the display was already set to DP1.2, which obviously accepted the DP1.1 due to backwards compatibility..